Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Information Block

BIS-CommAward09-Medail-ACE-small.png

A.C.E. Mod for ArmA 2, Official Announcement!

2s6vrm1.jpg

Release Notes

It has been nearly 3 weeks, and 9 successfully deployed updates, since the A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod, Beta 1 was released.

These 3 weeks have been very intense, with a very alive and vibrant Report -> Fix -> Feedback (Repeat) cycle, for both the mod and its distribution system.

We want to thank everyone who has contributed to the projects by reporting bugs, giving feedback or making suggestions!

Today we would like to announce our Public Beta 2 Release.

As a bonus in these x-mas times, we have added ACEX: PLA (Chinese Expansion), by Fromz!

We intend to keep updating our Mod following a set schedule.

We do this to get as much feedback and bug reports as possible, as soon as possible, and provide everyone the latest code to test.

This means the development will be ongoing, new improvements and additions will arrive as we go

Beta 2

What is A.C.E. and what is it not

A.C.E. for ArmA 2 is a full conversion mod and is based on A.C.E. for ArmA 1, which was based on WGL for OFP.

The WGL and A.C.E 1 roots were "When realism matters". And with A.C.E. 2 it is no different.

We try to keep a balance between realism and gameplay. We try not to sacrifice either in name of the other.

We try to please as many as possible, but it is simply impossible to please all.

Please feel free to give constructive feedback on our choices.

The Package

The A.C.E. Package for ArmA 2, at this time, consists out of 5 building blocks:

CBA and ACE are a requirement, while ACEX, ACEX_SM and ACEX_PLA are optional expansion packs.

This way, we hope to support our users who have requested smaller mod size, and ability to concentrate on their type of units/vehicles/weapons for countries they like to play with/against.

Status

Much of the Mod has been rewritten / optimized, and we have based our workflow and tools on CBA methods.

Previous Announce Thread (ATM around 400 pages)

Previous ACE2 Discussion Thread

Compatibility

We strive to keep our addons/mods as compatible as possible with others.

Sometimes this is not possible, or there were specific reasons why we had to go some way.

Please feel free to supply feedback on any compatibility issue you might encounter.

Thanks!

Our thanks goes to everyone involved in our Mod, from Developers to Testers, Contributors to Supporters, PR to Hosters, and Programmer- and Docu-wizards.

Special thanks goes out to our Lead Developer, Rocko, who has devoted most (if not all :p) of his free time and dedication to the mod's development.

Installer, Updater, Patcher

There have been significant changes to the way we distribute our Mod.

Due to the ever growing sizes of content, and thus installers and updates, we have switched to a realtime patching system, called rSync, which is the core tool of the "Six Updater" Suite.

The software, once installed, can be used to install, update, maintain and repair managed modfolders.

It uses smart technologies to minimize the amount of data that needs to be downloaded, and is a very lightweight and fast protocol.

The technology has been in use for several months by the ACE team, and individual testers aswell as communities.

Documentation will be provided, and support delivered where possible.

Our milestone releases will be available in easy mirrorable 7z files, to minimize the stress on the rsync system, and give people casual means to download the initial install.

More Info

Updater Server Portal (incl stats)

ALL IMPORTANT INFO IS IN THE TOP OF THIS POST!!

Edited by Sickboy

I updated about 5min ago!! first one maybe? :D

LOL i think i beat you:D

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Ah so that legal thing was a joke.

LOL yep got me for a second, until i seen this post...i was thinking geez i just got updated version of ace2 and it is in legal trouble

LOL, you're not the only one. I almost went pale when I read it and saw it was locked. "Merry Christmas....and have a nice heart attack from all of us on the ACE Team!" :p

i cant find the ACEX_PLA mod in the presets to add to the list? Or will that come later?

Edit nevermind its just appeared :P weee cant wait to test it before i go out!!

Edited by MattXR

For those with servers and server signatures enabled, please note the new Bikeys and signatures!

;)

Great to see beta 2 announced :)

Haha, Nice one Placebo! :cool:
i cant find the ACEX_PLA mod in the presets to add to the list? Or will that come later?

Please click Configuration, and Synchronize. The A.C.E Mod presets will by default have ACEX_PLA, otherwise you need to add it to your custom preset.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks Ace-Team and Merry X-Mas!

I was really worried about Fromz with all of that legal talk :eek:

Placebo! :mad:

:D

Thank you ACE team for everything you do. Look forward to your future updates.

Guys, can you send me the shortcut command for the Six Updater GUI? I managed to mess it up :D

The legal thing got me too, until I asked in the Skype channel :P

Nice work guys :D

at placebo post : "Which country?" - it was czech army , they wanted to close ACE mod due of > there are no czech modern vz58's in the mod :D