Sign in to follow this  
twiggy158

Can't Connect to Servers

I can't connect to servers because when patching I accidentally clicked no on installing Battleye and now I can't find anywhere to download it unless I reinstall ArmA and repatch it. Is there any stand alone download for Battleye?

ArmA 2

• BE Client for Windows (32-bit)
  • BE Server for Windows (32-bit)
    (Put these files into the BattlEye folder of your ArmA 2 application data directory - default is "C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\BattlEye" on Windows 2000/XP and "C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\BattlEye" on Windows Vista/7)
  • BE Server for Linux (32-bit)
    (Put this file into the BattlEye folder of your server install directory)

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

However it is not mandatory to have BE installed because some servers don't require it.

I have a question: what are the files in the folder \Program Files\ArmA 2\BattlEye for ?

I have this folder since the beta, should I remove it? Is it the actual installation folder?

Thanks

I've downloaded dll from their website and copied it to the right dir (for win xp) but still Battle Eye cannot be initialized and when I change screen back to desktop I see that BEClient.dll has been removed. Any ideas?

what happens if you try and run the 1.05 patch again, does it allow you to install it ?

You may first need to uninstall Battleye

I've downloaded dll from their website and copied it to the right dir (for win xp) but still Battle Eye cannot be initialized and when I change screen back to desktop I see that BEClient.dll has been removed. Any ideas?

You need to create a BattlEye folder in your ArmA 2 install directory and put the files there for them to be recognized by the game.