Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

Right, Now that 1.05 is out and has fixed quite a lot of problems are there any other bugs not picked up or new ones caused by the 1.05 patch? Anyhow i have a couple of new ideas for the 1.06 patch

1. Being able to move in the map view. Currently when switching your character stops moving. You could move in ofp and it actually made it easier to cross country fast by moving in the map view especially if you sped up time and didn't have to deal with an fps issue. So could this be fixed?

2. Having The campaigns being compatible with A.C.E. would be good. Especially if you can get to manage rucks and extra weapons in the briefing. I don't think you can change weapons in the briefing screen which is a shame

2. Having The campaigns being compatible with A.C.E. would be good. Especially if you can get to manage rucks and extra weapons in the briefing. I don't think you can change weapons in the briefing screen which is a shame

I don't think it's BIS who should worry about compatibility with ACE (which is constantly changing), rather it should be the other way around.

1. Being able to move in the map view. Currently when switching your character stops moving. You could move in ofp and it actually made it easier to cross country fast by moving in the map view especially if you sped up time and didn't have to deal with an fps issue. So could this be fixed?

-1 for this idea.

Maybe I'm asking too much, but i'd like to see helicopter taxing. It's so stupid having an Apache without possibility to taxi it... Always liked the videos when Apache is taxing to the runway - looks so cool. I think it could be done like in the Osprey but without option to take off in "Taxi Mode". And BTW - BI, please give the Osprey realistic climb rates!!! It's climbing so slow that i fall asleep few times when flying...

Not true. Just press W again and your character starts walking again.

I like it the way it is now

Not true. Just press W again and your character starts walking again.

I like it the way it is now

dosn't work for me

Right, Now that 1.05 is out and has fixed quite a lot of problems are there any other bugs not picked up or new ones caused by the 1.05 patch? Anyhow i have a couple of new ideas for the 1.06 patch

Îο. you have to stand still and open the map. the map isn't an idea in your head. you are supposed to read it to figure out where you are and what's going on.

I've heard there is a gps key that opens a little floating map on the screen (like the compass and watch)

I have no idea why I never tried that.

ok I just did. You have to be a squad leader to have a gps by default (but I guess you can add it somehow to all units) and you must assign a toggle button for it. It was set on P by devault so I assigned 2xP for toggle mode. Works fine.

Edited by Master gamawa

I'd like to be able to play Manhatten at more than 20FPS.

Maybe I ask too much.

make blur and bloom as two different options

add hdr lightning gfx option instead of bloom, bloom is fake and unrealistic.

fix mouse lag in menus

I wouldn't mind seeing another mini-campaign or two like EW. I really enjoyed that with 1.05. Maybe next time centered around a tank or a patrol boat or something.

+1 on the mouse lag in menus. That might be my computer though.

For patch 1.06 and update

* Ability to cache the game on RAM, textures, meshes etc.

* Seperate options for HDR, Motion Blur. More options make it easier for people with lower end rigs

* Animations for the mounted machine guns, they reload themselves

* Foilage optimization, since Chernarus is all vegies. :)

* AI improvements like 1.05, smarter Corpsman for example, and better pathfinding, AI Drivers.

*gameplay refinements, not being able to reload a SMAW or Javelin while running in 2 seconds etc.

Update/patch this and this game will be damn near perfect for me.

• Correct the German UI for the Administration
  • remove the pbo assotiaton
  • make it possible to delete the mpmissions who are given (deathmatch for example)
  • RU flag ocurred an errormessage... fix
  • AH-64 windows to strange (4mp5 magazines same spot)

I agree with everyone who said to split Post Processing into separate options for bloom, blur, etc. and optimize the trees and bushes. We already have mods that do both of those so it shouldn't be hard to make it into an official patch. Patch 1.05 made performance better when it comes to stuttering and pop-in, now we just need better FPS. If performance improves noticeably I bet more people will buy the game.

Also fix the bug where huge fires pop up in multiplayer, it looks stupid and makes the game lag.

Edited by randir14

More FPS for Chernarus.

Fixes for increasing framerate.

More options for disabling/enabling things like HDR and such.

I have very-low-end rig, and it can't still run this game in decent rates at any time, even if the requirements are met.

1.05 helped a little bit, so thank you for that.

I know Im probably asking for alot but what I would love to see is for BIS to make another map. I do not mean completely new, heck no new models at all! All I want is maybe another small cool map done by BIS. Maybe a huge city like Chernogorsk. And when i say huge I mean as small or smaller then Utes. That would make my day!

A russian campaign or mini campaign with new chopper or plane

and for ka-52 to have a faster top speed. It's too slow, should be at least as fast as an apache

Edited by vasmkd

I know Im probably asking for alot but what I would love to see is for BIS to make another map. I do not mean completely new, heck no new models at all! All I want is maybe another small cool map done by BIS. Maybe a huge city like Chernogorsk. And when i say huge I mean as small or smaller then Utes. That would make my day!

But the community can do that... I'd much rather have BIS working on deeper gameplay features instead.

My only wish: Improved sound engine.

I really despise the fact that when too much happen around (ie something odd like a... battle), sounds start cutting out.

I'd like to have

1. More performance tweaks.

2. Building-Grenade relation. Thrown objects keep dropping through floors.

Fix the directional sounds properly this time. Gunshots still "stick" to the channels like they started, making it hard and confusing to look for their source.

I would like to see new options for shadows.

Like in OFP: Shadows for Vehicle, Units, Objects.

And new HUD functions like Mando's. :D

- Performance optimizations (deciduous trees, bushes etc)

- Visual optimizations (better LOD switching, flicker and plopping textures, Z fighting etc http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7518 )

- variable muzzle flash

- better reload animation (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6891)

- AI improvements (thx for the very good work in the last beta patches)

+1 Seperate options for HDR, Motion Blur

+1 Improved sound engine

Edited by bensdale

Improve AI vehicle pathfinding. AI trying to manuever around a corner for 5 minutes or ignoring the road completely and going into the woods is a pretty big problem.

Add some kind of gun elevation correction for Tanks, or even a simple FCS. Aiming WW2 style must be fixed after 3 games BIS.

VON slider, VON performance increase, Dual MP Admins, 10fps more for MP.

Sort out the c130, whenever the AI take off in it from Vybor airport it flies straight into the neighbouring forest. This bug has been around since day 1.

-A map that you can access while in game where its like Vietcong of course without the icon that shows u where u are. Just a minature Field Map

-Quad Core Support for dedicated server

-Players/AI not seeing through Objects and Hills still spotting enemies through hills when they are on other side even though there is no real Sight of it since theres a 500m hill in the middle.

-Better Sync of AI targeted when Human is in Vehicle still on MP it can be lagging behind even when u have sight on the target which causes commander issues when AI Gunner is shooting say Meters behind a target even if the target is now static

-An Actual land Command for AI helicopters that Players can task AI with like Land Here but then click where

Edited by volkov956