Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

Right, Now that 1.05 is out and has fixed quite a lot of problems are there any other bugs not picked up or new ones caused by the 1.05 patch? Anyhow i have a couple of new ideas for the 1.06 patch

1. Being able to move in the map view. Currently when switching your character stops moving. You could move in ofp and it actually made it easier to cross country fast by moving in the map view especially if you sped up time and didn't have to deal with an fps issue. So could this be fixed?

2. Having The campaigns being compatible with A.C.E. would be good. Especially if you can get to manage rucks and extra weapons in the briefing. I don't think you can change weapons in the briefing screen which is a shame
    Video editor 3d animator and Voice actor

Quote Originally Posted by Archamedes View Post
    2. Having The campaigns being compatible with A.C.E. would be good. Especially if you can get to manage rucks and extra weapons in the briefing. I don't think you can change weapons in the briefing screen which is a shame
    I don't think it's BIS who should worry about compatibility with ACE (which is constantly changing), rather it should be the other way around.

1. Being able to move in the map view. Currently when switching your character stops moving. You could move in ofp and it actually made it easier to cross country fast by moving in the map view especially if you sped up time and didn't have to deal with an fps issue. So could this be fixed?
    -1 for this idea.

Black Lands | Resistance Campaign for Arma 2: CO
    For The Life Of A Friend | SP scenario for Arma 2: CO

Maybe I'm asking too much, but i'd like to see helicopter taxing. It's so stupid having an Apache without possibility to taxi it... Always liked the videos when Apache is taxing to the runway - looks so cool. I think it could be done like in the Osprey but without option to take off in "Taxi Mode". And BTW - BI, please give the Osprey realistic climb rates!!! It's climbing so slow that i fall asleep few times when flying...
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 3.4GHz | MB: Asus P5Q SE2 | RAM: 4GB Kingston HyperX @ 900MHz CL5
    GPU:
    Asus GeFroce GTX560Ti DirectCUII @ 900/1100 | PSU: beQuiet PP 600W | Saitek X52 Pro

Not true. Just press W again and your character starts walking again.

I like it the way it is now

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Takko View Post
    Not true. Just press W again and your character starts walking again.

I like it the way it is now
    dosn't work for me

Right, Now that 1.05 is out and has fixed quite a lot of problems are there any other bugs not picked up or new ones caused by the 1.05 patch? Anyhow i have a couple of new ideas for the 1.06 patch

Νο. you have to stand still and open the map. the map isn't an idea in your head. you are supposed to read it to figure out where you are and what's going on.
    I've heard there is a gps key that opens a little floating map on the screen (like the compass and watch)

I have no idea why I never tried that.

ok I just did. You have to be a squad leader to have a gps by default (but I guess you can add it somehow to all units) and you must assign a toggle button for it. It was set on P by devault so I assigned 2xP for toggle mode. Works fine.
    Last edited by Master gamawa; Dec 24 2009 at 14:39.

I'd like to be able to play Manhatten at more than 20FPS.

Maybe I ask too much.

make blur and bloom as two different options

add hdr lightning gfx option instead of bloom, bloom is fake and unrealistic.

fix mouse lag in menus

I wouldn't mind seeing another mini-campaign or two like EW. I really enjoyed that with 1.05. Maybe next time centered around a tank or a patrol boat or something.

+1 on the mouse lag in menus. That might be my computer though.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast