Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Revive : A lightweight and efficient revive

[R3F] Revive : A lightweight and efficient revive

wISJ87UoilE

Description :

This is a lightweight and efficient revive for A2/OA multiplayer game.

A player who was shot down falls into an unconscious state.

He can be revived by allowed players. His body can be dragged on the ground.

The revive has a powerful but clear and simple configuration system.

Installation :

The installation is explained step by step in the INSTALL.pdf (in english and french) file. It can be easily installed on a mission and does not require a lot of knowledge in mission editing.

Features and characteristics :

- Allowed players can revive (selected by classnames and/or slots and/or healing capability)

- Players can drag unconscious bodies on the ground

- The number of revive possibilities is configurable

- When the player has no more possibilities of revive, he is out of game or he respawns at camp (according to the configuration)

- If there is no medic to revive the player, he can respawn at camp (if allowed)

- A player who is out of game can watch the game in spectator mode (if allowed)

- Markers on unconscious players' position can be shown (configuration)

- The player respawns with the same weapons/magazines as before the death

- Multilingual (default : english & french)

- Deeply tested : bug free

- MP & JIP, AA2 & AA:OA compatible

- Lightweight : 45 kB, no public variable neither setVariable

- Configurable : configuration variables clearly explained (in english and french) in a config.sqf file

Download the [R3F] Revive

Changelog :

v2.0

- Drag body feature now implemented !

- New method to define who can revive by selecting slots, classnames, ... (no longer restricted to medics)

- The unconscious marker is removed when the player disconnects while waiting for being revived

- Players are no longer killed involuntarily (wreck explosions, ...) while waiting for being revived

- Players can no longer use trick/hack to revive themselves

- Miscellaneous improvements

v1.4

- Added : the backpack and its content are restored after respawn

- Fixed : player altitude when waiting for revive (in buildings, ...)

- Improved : the player is no longer artificially hurted at the respawn position

- Improved : code and documentation improvements

v1.3

- Compatibility to Arrowhead (ArmA2 compatibility still guaranted)

- The stringtable.csv is replaced by an alternative simpler system

- We now need to heal the dead body only once

v1.2

- Fix the altitude of the player when he becomes unconscious in a building, on a roof, a bridge, ...

- The installation manual has been enhanced

v1.1

- The "respawn at camp" is now based on the "respawn_xxx" markers system

- The revive requires now 1 to 4 (random) "heal" actions to make the revive process longer

- There is now a briefing on the demo mission

v1.0

- First public release

Edited by madbull
release of the v2.0

It be nice if an editor version of the files could be released. Rather pointless extra work to extract the PBO :/

Otherwise, its exactly what I've been looking for, norrins is just a little too... wide... for light weight missions :)

I got one complaint though: is what is show in the video all there is to the actual act of revival? Arma 2 has some excellent revive animations that can go on for like 30s+ with bandaging, heart pumping, etc. IE what the built in aid module does. I dont like a too quick revive, it should be dangerous to do, not something you just run up and wave your hands for like 5 secs and its all better.

:yay::yay:WoW very nice, looks really good, thank you, nice work! :yay::yay: Edited by BeTeP

@Murklor

A PBO can be unpacked as fast as any other archive with the good tool ;) Right-clic + "Extract" with cpbo

About your "animation duration" complaint :

Currently the action menu to revive somebody is the standard "heal" action of the medic. Thus the animation played can't be modified.

We note your comment for possible future version.

@BeTeP

thanks

@Murklor

A PBO can be unpacked as fast as any other archive with the good tool ;) Right-clic + "Extract" with cpbo

cpbo wont make an extract option on my computer, I can only create pbos :(

(eliteness works, but its still annoying, heh)

Anyway, yeah about the animation its just a suggestion. It annoys me everytime I play Domination with revive, same thing. As quick to revive a mortally wounded guy as it is to heal a scrape on the arm, sigh...

Ok, might you need to retry to do the file association. Anyway, I'm not the cpbo support ;)

About the revive duration :

Note that when you revive someone, he is still injured (unprecise aiming, etc...). He needs to be healed twice to get his full-health.

at the present moment the drag boby is not functional in MP game after respawn... and the revive use a respawn.

so your platoon as the secure the area before sending a medic to revive !!!

but the plan is to associate the drag body for sure in the next weeks.

Kiljoe for team-r3f.org

Edited by killjoer3f

As the subtitle of the [R3F] Revive suggests : it's a lightweight and efficient revive.

It's lightweight because the whole source code needed to run is 17kB. The norrin's revive is greater than 360kB.

It's also lightweight during its execution, for the server and the clients (no additionnal network message, few variables, etc...).

It's an efficient revive because it offers the features that we can expect for a revive system : revive by medics, respawn at base, configuration of the authorizations, etc...

(Note : in the next version, we will include a drag body feature and we will increase the revive procedure duration).

It's easier to install on a mission and easier to configure.

It's bug free since the first release : we have tested very deeply, in all possible configurations.

There are many more advantages and qualities.

The best is to try it to be convinced that this revive is the best way to add the revive features on a mission.

The packaging of the [R3F] Revive has been modified. The new packaging is available via the link on the first message.

It includes a PBO and a non-PBO version and some packaging ameliorations. The source code is the same.

Nice one Madbull.

Gonna check it now.

But plz do us all a favour : keep it simple and absolutely basic.

The less features it has the less probs can occur.

I like Norrins script and used it since released but on several times it hangs off, i guess due to so many variables.

So, to be honest i loved Mapfact Respawn in OFP times and would be absolutely pleasured to get it again in ArmA2.

So ur script looks a kind like that.

So if u really want to add any further features like dragging etc, plz keep one version just basic like

dead -> revive -> respawn

Me would really appreciate this one, thx!

Thx for your effort and move on !

But plz do us all a favour : keep it simple and absolutely basic.

happy to read that.

exactly our goal !

BASIC ++++++++++++++++

Very nice script, thx for your efforts! Implementation was a piece of cake and everything works very well in my latest mp mission.

Only one issue: When being killed for the 1st time there´s an error message telling me "briefing.sqf" not found. It can be clicked away and no harm is done, briefing still works as intended and the message won´t come again afterwards.

Does the briefing need to be in the mission root?

Just asking because mine resides in a subfolder - executed via inti.sqf

execVM "s\briefing.sqf";

Thanks for your feed back Mr Burns.

About your issue :

I think there is no relation with the revive. Could you test your mission without the revive ? Use a respawn of type "BASE" in the description.ext. Then try the mission by respawning. If you still get the error message : the revive is not the source of the problem.

In any case the solution should be to move the "briefing.sqf" to the root directory.

im creating a multiplayer mission where the player can play east or west (us forces or local militia) and i implemented your revive script which works however opposition militia troops get spawned at the US base. How can you get this working so that no matter what side your on you respawn at the correct base ? I have a respawn_east at one end of the map and a respawn_west marker at the other end of the map

thanks

Did you use opfor (east) or independent? Independent should require their own respawn marker, revive script or not.

@generaldeath :

The current version of the [R3F] Revive has only one respawn position. It was made in the spirit of a coop mission.

The next version of the revive will include the possibility to have one respawn position per side.

EDIT : the next version will coming very soon (in the next days)

Edited by madbull

New version release :

v1.1

- The "respawn at camp" is now based on the "respawn_xxx" markers system

- The revive requires now 1 to 4 (random) "heal" actions to make the revive process longer

- There is now a briefing on the demo mission

The [R3F] Revive is still lightweight as it is our main goal.

Download link in the first message.

Edited by madbull

thats an freaking great work !!

five ***** from me plus an Oscar and a Grammy !!!

Greetz

Muecke