Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Sound AI - RUG DSAI officially converted for Arma 2!

Hello all,
    Gah, sorry, but the idea I had above is a no-go. Unfortunately the "animState" command does NOT return animations happening solely in the "upper body" (e.g. the reloading), unlike in ArmA. This is probably an (unintended?) consequence of the fact that we can now reload while on the move. Anyway, I guess I'll have to figure out an alternative way to deal with multiple muzzles - maybe just turn it off entirely if the weapon has more than one muzzle...or something. Sigh.

@Wire & Legislator: If some Czech/British people want to get together to make a voice pack, be sure to let me know and I'll help them as much as I can. I'm neither Czech nor British, so I can't really do it myself. There're good instructions on the BIKI page how to do your own pack anyway, so they don't really even need me

Sorry for this bug. Ugh. I'll see about a fix.

Regards,
    Wolfrug

Hi guys!

I really want to use this very nice addon for our server. Is there anybody who knows how to fix the offered key to make this addon mp compatible? The key from page 1 don´t work...
    Last edited by MadMike[Brig2010]; May 17 2010 at 14:57.

Hi just wondering where you guys got the Russian voice from, is it unused samples from the game or are the samples from other media sources ? Cheers. I've been looking for this mod for a while.

Thanks.

@Wolfrug

As now since the latest betas, the reloading shout is included in the game itself, can you please remove the reload shout from RUG_DSAI please?

Quote Originally Posted by Rejenorst View Post
    Hi just wondering where you guys got the Russian voice from, is it unused samples from the game or are the samples from other media sources ? Cheers. I've been looking for this mod for a while.

Thanks.
    Hey,

They're from various places, a large batch of them reused from the old OFP-era DSAI addon, as well as Cameron McDonald's DSAI-addon-addon, who himself got it from various sources. Unfortunately not unused samples from the game, no.

@Kroky

Finally! Awesome, that solves my problem then doesn't it I've been pulling my hair for ages over it, but I just can't figure out a resource non-intensive way of fixing the damned reloading bug.

@MadMike

I really don't know much about MP scripting, and this addon wasn't designed in the beginning for use in MP -- but are you sure the server key doesn't work, since that's the same key I used to sign these addons (the bisigning etc hasn't changed since ArmA, so it's the same key as I used for the ArmA version). No-one had a problem with it (AFAIK) in ArmA...

Regards,
    Wolfrug

@Wolfrug

As you can see in Post #20 i am not the only one with this problem. If i put the key on the server and try to connect he still kicks me off - so maybe after changing the RUG_DSAIArab.pbo the file was forgotton to sign? I don´t know. But still i want to use it on our server but with the offered key it isn´t possible.

Fix for reloading bug now posted, get it on the front page or here:

Fix for reload bug (only updates RUG_DSAI.pbo)

Just replace RUG_DSAI.pbo & the bikey with the new version, and you should be set

I have also updated the FileFront mirror to contain (both) the quickfixes. I have also re-signed all of the addons, including the unused language ones, so maybe that will fix your problem Mike? If not, let me know - I'm probably messing something up, I'm just not sure what!

The reload bug fix is simply a check to see if the weapon has more than one muzzle, and if so, skip the reloading sound. That should fix about 99% of the times the bug occurs, but I suppose there are still loopholes (it bugs out when teamswitching for instance because your teammate, when switched out of, doesn't always understand to reload the gun you just left empty. But this I file under 'AI bug' rather than anything else). Anyway, let me know how it works out.

Regards,
    Wolfrug
    Last edited by Wolfrug; Jul 24 2010 at 11:21.

First: Thanks for working on this great addon again. I was so happy reading your post today - but unfortunately the signing is wrong again.

Maybe you find out what was going wrong.

thanks for the update Wolfrug, will try the new version asap.

is it somehow possible to use only the combat related sounds? Some of the others break immersion in stealth missions. thx in advance

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast