Wolfrug

Dynamic Sound AI - RUG DSAI officially converted for Arma 2!

Edit 2: BIS forum user Titi has approached me and offered to sign the RUG DSAI pack so that it can be used properly online. He has also gotten permission from and signed Palyarmerc's German voices DSAI pack, so they can all be downloaded now in the same file! Here's the addition to the readme file:

This version of RUG DSAI is signed via a key made by BIS community member Titi. Hopefully this will allow those willing to play online with the addon as well, as it seems my own signatures do not work. You will need to download the whole addon and replace the .pbos with the signed ones for this to work

Furthermore, this version contains a signed version of the GERMAN language DSAI (rug_dsaiger.pbo, found in unusedlanguages; default sides OPFOR and Independent) by Palyarmerc, kindly re-signed by Titi with his permission.

There is no version change, since no changes have been made to the actual pack.

Enjoy!

- Wolfrug, 11.3.2012

Download link for the TITI signed version: GameFront

Edit: Palyarmerc has released a German voices pack for DSAI. Get it here! (thanks to verde13 for noting me!)

Hello all!

As I promised over in ThunderBird's conversion topic, an official, CBA-compatible, signed version of RUG DSAI (of ArmA fame) would be forthcoming for Arma 2. And here it is, in time for Christmas!

As always, credits to Sickboy & 6th Sense for originally revamping the old ArmA scripts, and thanks to Thunderbird for tiding you over while I got my butt in gear.

See below for more information & downloads :) :xmas_o:

NOTE: There was a slight error in RUG_DSAIArab.pbo, pertaining to an extra entry for a sound that did not exist. This has been fixed now and the addon has been re-signed, you can download the file alone from below, or re-download the whole RUG_DSAI addon from my FileFront mirror. Simply replace the old RUG_DSAIArab.pbo with the new one.

Note: Not necessary if you don't use the Arab voices for anything. :)

Note 2: A long-standing bug to do with reloading has now hopefully been fixed - the code should now exclude all weapons with more than one muzzle, meaning both grenade launchers and custom (addon) weapons with more than one muzzle should no longer be stuck in a perpetual "reloading" loop. Test it and let me know if it works!

If the mirroring sites wish to update their files, they're free to do so of course!

>>>

BIKI Page on RUG DSAI

Public bikey from OFPEC

Download mirrors at the bottom of the post!

<<<

Look at the above page for advanced instructions on installation, MP-usage, mission-maker/server admin options, and creating/editing the language packs. Here's the short version:

= Features =

* Ready made scripts for Dynamic Sound AI that is easily modifiable by the end-user.

* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.

* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP

* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default (but only Russian and English really make sense in Arma 2 at the moment)

* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)

* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config entries (see below for more information)

* Requires CBA (which contains the Arma 2 version of XEH)

Installation (for dummies):

- Place the RUG_DSAI.pbo, RUG_DSAIGen.pbo + any language files you want - I suggest using only RUG_DSAIENG and RUG_DSAIRUS - into a modfolder (such as @RUG_DSAI\Addons), and start up the game. You should notice your teammates talking a lot more now (note: only English voices are extensive, the other languages are mostly combat-oriented)

- NB: you need the latest version of CBA loaded as well.

Advanced installation notes on the BIKI page.

Mirrors and bug reports much appreciated! Note: I'm not the MP master here, so if you've got problems setting it up for your server/MP game, you might want to ask Sickboy directly biggrin_o.gif

Enjoy!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Mirrors:

Filefront (includes both Quickfixes)

ArmedAssault.info

ArmAHolic (updated as TITI signed with German voices)

TITI Signed Version(includes German voices by Palyarmerc)

Edited by Wolfrug

Congrats Wolfrug! It was always a pleasure to play with DSAI back in ArmA 1 :)

Great to have been part of the DSAI development, seems in the past years many of us have contributed :D

One of my fav ArmA1 mods comes to ArmA2 at last! haahhahaa, can't have enough of those talkative AI. Wonder how it would turn out with the now already very talkative stock AI. Downloading now!

I wish if there were Czech curses and faction based language selection... would it be possible?

@zGuba

Sure, if someone provided them it'd be possible to create a pack of them. :) Sadly there seems to be rather few places to find appropriate stuff for that...

@Marko

Thanks for the mirror!

@all

Thanks for the nice comments. Enjoy!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Gonna have to test that, always liked the Idea of soldiers coursing all theTime

Grrreat job! Thanks for the early Xmas present :D

<Edit> read the Biki page on Creating Custom Voice Packs :cool: x2

Edited by dialektiikka

Where can I find the RUG.bikey?

Right here: OFPEC. :)

@el Nino

Thank you!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Great addon, thanks a lot !

Can you please verify the bikey, looks like something went wrong with the signing, getting kicked from the server even if the key is in place.

Merry Christmas !

Awesome sound mod, makes you laugh sometimes despites the cruelty of war :p

One thing though i get this error:

soundj.jpg

This was with following mods: @Quesh-Kibrul, @Panthera island, @CBA, @ACE, @ACEX and @ACEX_SM and then your mod :)

One thing though i get this error:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9182/soundj.jpg

Argh! That's an old bug from way back when, and really strange since, afaik, there is NO mention of that particular sound. Still it's probably in there somewhere. Basically it won't really break anything, it's just annoying, and it also only applies to the Arab voices. I'll try to sort it out in a future update maybe. :)

@Robalo_AS

Do you mean you as a client are getting kicked from servers that have the public RUG key in their allowed list? If that's the case, then ouch - can any other server-masters confirm, since I've never really messed with this? In other words, is the problem in the public server key, or in the bisign files that came with the addon on the client side? Either way it's fixable, but I'd like to know which side should be fixed...

Thank you for your nice comments!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Great addon, thanks a lot !

Can you please verify the bikey, looks like something went wrong with the signing, getting kicked from the server even if the key is in place.

Merry Christmas !

i confirm, bikey need to be updated here please :)

Cheers,

BB

Argh! That's an old bug from way back when, and really strange since, afaik, there is NO mention of that particular sound. Still it's probably in there somewhere. Basically it won't really break anything, it's just annoying, and it also only applies to the Arab voices. I'll try to sort it out in a future update maybe. :)

Yes it's very annoying getting that message in the middle of a fight :)

The only reference i could fine was in RUG_DSAIArab.pbo:

_fireweapon=

[[

"AB_4_order_action_boost_01",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_02",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_03",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_04",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_05",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_06",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_07",

"AB_4_order_action_boost_08",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_01",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_02",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_03",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_04",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_05",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_06",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_07",

"AB_4_order_action_suppress_08"

]];

Yes it's very annoying getting that message in the middle of a fight :)

The only reference i could fine was in RUG_DSAIArab.pbo:

I also would like to see this bug ironed out. Please Wolfrug..it really annoying. Or can you at least advise how to get rid of it?

@Anyone

Has anybody an idea how to get rid of this bug?

Edited by Kroky

@Kroky et al.

Quickfix now posted, downloadable from front page. Simply replace RUG_DSAIArab.pbo, or if you want, re-download the whole RUG_DSAI addon (for the moment just from the FileFront mirror).

Regards,

Wolfrug

I keep getting this annoying bug. If I change weapons with a team mate or sometimes when they run out of ammo they start yelling "Reloading!" endlessly. Once I even ordered my machine gunner to run into enemy fire just to get him to shut up. This is only a problem with the bluefor side. I'm using ACE, CSM2 and Zeus AI Combat Skills but nothing else which would change any of the sounds.

f I change weapons with a team mate or sometimes when they run out of ammo they start yelling "Reloading!" endlessly.

wolfrug, I started getting this same bug yesterday, using the same addon config (ace, csm2 Zeus)