Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

You know you have been paying too much ofp when...

My f*&%ed up dream last night inspired me to write this post.

1. You dream in OFP ,that you are actually in the game. Scary, I looked up in the dream and saw waypoint markers.

2. You pass a building in La Trinite and say "Jesus, I used to eat there....really good noodles."

3. You eat your meals while playing OFP.

4. Your meals are always take-out because you don't want to take the time to cook due to OFP.

5. Daily post average at this forum is 8+

Will think of more.......

Oh my god, that is scary cause you know what? I did have a dream about it a few nights ago.

I was a black op, and had some satchels to go and blow up a tank.

But it wasn't like on everone or somewhere. It was in a suburban neighborhood near where my college is.

The tank was supposed to show up and park in a big building there. Like a giant garage. There were other black ops with me, but they were instructing me on how to carry out the attack. We all were already in the garage and they were on the lookout while I went to do the deed.

We were waiting in the garage hiding behind some boxes. Then the tank arrived and there were also some Russians walking around, they came with the tank.

But I managed to plant the satchel right under their noses and then we all got out. I let off the satchel when we got outside. And then the whole scene turned into a huge block parties with all the local frats drinking heavily in the streets. And there were cops everywhere and whatnot.

Weird dream, but I think it means that I need to play OPF a bit less.

You know you have been paying too much ofp when you start threads in OpFlash forums with the subject line:

"You know you have been paying too much ofp when... "

biggrin.gif

cheers

[WTF]onslaught

Yeah, when you read this thread biggrin.gif

But I still like this one (remember reading it somewhere else):

When you see your sister occupying the sofa, goes up to hear and scream in a high pitch voice "2... Disembark!"

When your sitting at the pub having a beer, talking about this great move you pulled off online last night in MP, and don't notice the looks of bewilderment on the faces of all the non-OFP players at the table.

When you want to enter your car but can't seem to find the friggin' action menu anywhere.

Or worse, when you are in your car and cant exit cause its rolling backwards at 0.001km/h...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had a dream about OFP...

I dreamt I was walking up a hill on Everon near some forests - not very exciting (I wasn't armed sad.gif ) , but I'm sure it was the OFP environment (grass, trees etc.). There was even the set viewdistance - I couldn't see past a certain point due to fog smile.gif

I also had my dream in 640x480x16 biggrin.gif

I have a GeForce4 in my dreams so I have a higher resolution

tounge.gif

Mind you, that's only in my dreams. In real life I have to cope with a P2 350 mHz and a VooDoo 3. sad.gif

you buy a plane, grab a m4, jump out because you couldn't find the auto landing button. after the farmer starts approaching you asking what made you crash in his field and you accidently shoot him in the arm. you proceed to shout "2 heal at building, 3 oclock" and expect him to run and get magically healed.

on the insurance form you say a shilka shot you down and you had no choice but to ditch in enemy territory

When you're in your car going to work and all you can say is " Enemy.... car..... 200 ".

- You're not afraid. You don't care if you'll die because you can always press load or retry.

- When you see a soldier you say: 11 o'clock enemy soldier, 100.

when u see a plane or a chopper you say: 12 o'clock chopper 500.

- When u see a caw you say: 6 o'clock Cow 500.

- When u want someone to get out of your car you say: 2; Disembark and you're expecting to hear roger from your friend.

Well, I´m a Paramedic and had the night-shift two weeks ago.

I was sound asleep when in the middle of the night the alarm went off.Both my collegue and I didn´t know the street where we had to go, so I had to look it up on the map.Only when my collegue who was driving asked me a bit angrily what was taking me so long I realized that in my sleepiness I had somehow tried to "click" on the coordinates on the map to tell him where to go..., no shit... biggrin.gif

But he understood, as he plays OFP too and we have Lan-games from time to time... smile.gif

A very long time ago on this board, I remember Devil making a "Devil’s OFP Overdose test" which made me laugh my ass off. I thoughed it was so funny I kept it in a text-file somewhere on the back of my HD. So here it is again:

***credits to Devil (who propoble isn't around here anymore)***:

Have you been playing Operation Flashpoint too much? Take Devil’s OFP Overdose test and

find out! Answer the following answers carefully and honestly, then calculate your scores!

Give yourself 1 point for each A, 2 points for each B, and 3 points for each C you choose!

1) When you are out shopping for groceries and you hear a cart with squeaky wheels, do you:

a. Get pissed and walk to another isle

b. Feel your legs getting weak and your hands itchy

c. "Hit the Dirt" and scream out "1 O’clock T80, 50"

2) You hear an A-Star civilian helicopter or a plane passing overhead, do you:

a. Continue normally as if nothing just happened

b. Stare up, wondering what kind of chopper / plane it is

c. Jump into a nearby bush and think of where to run

3) You see a person in the distance dressed in green, do you:

a. Wave at him, hoping to make a new friend

b. Squint your eyes, trying to see who it is

c. Take out your "gun" and look in the sights to see if he is a friend or enemy and what

gun they are carrying

4) When you walk into a cluttered room, you think:

a. "Boy, it’s crowded in here"

b. "I’m going to be trapped here forever!"

c. "Grenade"

5) When approaching a corner on foot, do you:

a. Continue walking as usual

b. Slow down in case someone is running

c. Kneel down and keep your head out to see if there are any troops

6) When addressing a large amount of people, do you start your sentences with:

a. "Can I have your attention please?"

b. "Everyone, listen up!"

c. "All,"

7) When you ask for time and you get a reply ending with "O’clock," do you:

a. Thank the person for the time

b. Ask him to repeat what "O’clock"

c. Spin your head around searching for any incoming Hinds

8) A very muscular waiter gives you the check in small writing, do you:

a. Thank him for the meal, hoping he would leave

b. Look closer to see what he wrote, hoping he would leave

c. Flew your middle finger, only to notice that it has just received a very negative

effect.

9) You are approaching a turn in a car, do you:

a. Turn your steering wheel with your hands

b. Slide your right hand and eyes to the direction, hoping that will turn the car

c. Turn the car into obstacles, thinking the "M1A1" you are in will have no trouble

knocking it out of the way

10) You are organizing a surprise party, how do you command your friends:

a. Tell each where to hide

b. Tell each to "move to" something and where it is, as if they can’t see it

c. Tell each to "move to" something and it’s location grid in the tile, the direction

it is as, and how far away it is

That’s it, now calculate your points, remember that a=1, b=2, and c=3 points.

Here are the answers:

Less than 19 Points: You are an average Joe, and need to play Operation Flashpoint

on a daily basis! Continuing this kind of behavior may result in excessive boredom,

mood swings, and anger / violence towards others. Take two of these and see me in the

morning.

19-29 Points: Close, but you only nicked that Russian. Remember that Operation Flashpoint

is GOOD for you! Reserve more time for yourself to play. Leave your boyfriend/girlfriend,

drop out of school / work, order 50 pizzas, and lock yourself up in the room with your

computer and continue playing until your head explodes.

30 Points and Up: You are a true Operation Flashpoint Maniac! Congratulations, you get

two thumbs up from the whole Community! Remember to keep a balanced diet of enough tanks,

airplanes, helicopters, and cars to maintain your performance!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ April 08 2002,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol i bet the people who called you were happy about that smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol ! I didn´t order him just "forward" but "fast", wich made up for the little delay biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 08 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. You eat your meals while playing OFP.

4. Your meals are always take-out because you don't want to take the time to cook due to OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Anything wrong with that?

hehe I do that quite alot biggrin.gif

well atleast while making missions anyway

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also had my dream in 640x480x16 <span id='postcolor'>

LOL! tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif