Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

Blog entry on 1.05

Awesome! I love it when Marek posts developer blogs. I wish he would more often, but if he's putting all that energy into making ArmA II and Arrowhead better, then I couldn't care less. :D

Edited by Zipper5

Please note that we still require original copy of the game with the original key to play online and we users of warez copies may not only have problem updating the game but also may suffer from various forms of degraded experience during single player after they update to version 1.05.

I hope that was a typo, would be sad to see someone banned from the forum of his own company :D

Looking forward to 1.05 final and it will hopefully get me back playing co-op's against AI!

Thank you for your dedication BIS and Merry Christmas everyone!

/KC

PBO Extension

Files with the pbo extension will now be associated with ARMA II (and future Bohemia Interactive products) and users will be able to simply click on the file and play a mission, test an addon or install it to their documents.

Sounds perfect for more casual gamers. :) And offcourse for quick testing.

The rest of the blog post is also pretty amazing and has more new features we haven't seen during the beta's as far as I know.

Good read thanks !

I have troubles understanding the part about DRM stuff, will the patch 1.05 introduce a no-DVD in the drive ?

It sounds like 1.05 will be the last patch before Arrowhead.

I hope that was a typo, would be sad to see someone banned from the forum of his own company :D

LOL Sanctuary beat me to it

As with our previous releases, we are pleased to be able to remove DRM from the game executable.

Isn't that a bit too soon? It's been only what, half a year, since the game has been released? It's not unusual (e.g. Egosoft), but they wait at least a whole year.. What about MP, are there going to be any checks?

EDIT: Note for me: Read the whole damn article before posting! :-)

Edited by Myshaak

So...no release before xmas?

Says who?

As with our previous releases, we are pleased to be able to remove DRM from the game executable.

Isn't that a bit too soon? It's been only what, half a year, since the game has been released? It's not unusual (e.g. Egosoft), but they wait at least a whole year.. What about MP, are there going to be any checks?

You still need a valid key/id to play the game.

You still need a valid key/id to play the game.

Quick reply :) Yep, posted before I finished before I read the whole part :p

:yay:

Well, what can I say... Buying this game has been my first encounter with this company (and will not be my last).

I'm sure I echo everyone else's thoughts in saying that I am truly blown away by the support they give their customer base, and much the richer we are for it.

No other developer comes close, and why not? I ask myself....

Thankyou one and all at BIS.

Wishing a very mery Christmas and a happy New Year to the company and the community. :icon_dj:

Edited by Meanstreak

As with our previous releases, we are pleased to be able to remove DRM from the game executable

Will include language selection lock too?

This patch is awesome because it contains a whole variety of fixes, AI, performance, support, options, interface.

Thank you BIS.

That apache 64D is going to be a blast to make missions for. :xmas: