Sign in to follow this  
Slugs

ACE EASA module placement

I am trying to get the ACE EASA trailer to spawn on top of the Khe Sahn. I have the line of code that puts an object like an ammo crate on the Khe Sahn, but that does not work when applied to a module. The module spawns the trailer in and I do not know how to get it to take the setposASL command for other objects. I also tried applying the changeloadout function to an ammo crate that I could get to spawn on the Khe Sahn, but I didnt have any luck. Anyone have any ideas?

It would be best to either post some code here to look at or better yet file a ticket on the ACE web site. Having the trailer on a carrier certainly makes sense and should work.

Ok, well to start I tried putting this text in the init line of the module:

this setVariable["NoHangar", true]; this setPosASL [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 15.9]

That did not seem to work. Next I tried creating the vehicle with out the use of the module using a game logic.

in the init field of a game logic named farp I used this:

farp = "ACE_EASA_Vehicle" createVehicle [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 15.9]

that will place a usable trailer on the map, however it does not put one on top of the Khe Sahn

I also tried to put the functionality of the trailer on an object that I could get to spawn on the carrier. so in the init field of an ammo crate that was on the deck of the carrier i put this:

this addAction["changeloadout", execVM 'x\ace\addons\module_easa\ua_change_load.sqf'];

I know either my formatting is off on that one or I tried to get it to run the wrong function because I can't get that to work on land or at all.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Best if you launch a script from the init line of the module, that way you have a bit more flexibility.

Basically you were close in your first try. But before you move the trailer, it has to be there. The module was likely still initializing when you did that setPos.

You could add a sleep before your setPos, but waiting for the trailer would be better. Something like...

waitUntil { !(isNull (nearestObject [_positionEASA, "ACE_EASA_Vehicle"])};

Well, I know you said, something like that, but that put in the init field caused an error. I am fairly novice at this, and the condition you are setting for the wait doesn't really make sense to me so perhaps if you were a little more specific as to what it needs. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

You'd have to fit that code to your own, concider it a meta-script.

_positionEASA would hold the result of a getPos of your EASA module.