Sign in to follow this  
nicolasroger

Notepad++ SQF syntax highlight

This add SQF syntax highlight for those of you who are using notepad++ for scripting. (Up to date with the new arma2 keyword)

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8680

Installation:

For windows 7 users:

Place the file userDefineLang.xml in this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++

For other windows users:

Try to find a similar path if this one doesn't exist. Or use http://www.google.com for help.

Usage:

Choose "Arma2" as language (under language table)

Know issues:

The "/" symbol shows up as orange (like a global variable) but should be black.

Change log:

v1.1:

- added some missing operators

- colors slightly tweaked

thanks to armaholic for hosting the files

Thanks nicolasroger for the contribution!

As shk points out, i0n0s has made also such functionality for notepad++.

Maybe you two guys can work together improving NPP even more as the editing base. :)

What version of Notepad++ is this compatible with? I get crashes and error messages with5.9?

I use both. Write in Notepad++ and then check for typos etc by pasting into Squint.

Just tried many combinations and found an installed Notepad++ 5.7 works with the unicode files???

Remeber to choose Language - SQF from the menu to get it to work.

I hope someone can update the instructions on this as it's wasted nearly an hour of my time!

Previous versions may work, but "ArmA Script Recoded by i0n0s" will break your up-to-date version of Notepad++ (version 5.9.x); Notepad++ fails to open and throws an exception error. Do not copy the dll files to the plugin directory as instructed. I found no way to successfully install it with up-to-day Notepad++.

If you can't get this to work then an alternative (in N++) is to go to Settings->Style Configurator. Find C++ in the left side and in the bottom add 'sqf' to User Ext. Now whenever you open a sqf file it will be marked with C++ syntax with does a pretty decent job.

For anyone who is interested, I have created an updated SQF language file for the latest Arma2 OA beta (1.60.93666) and latest release of Notepad++ (6.1.3). Download here!

Edit: Removed download link

Edited by ceeeb

or anyone who is interested, I have created an updated SQF language file for the latest Arma2 OA beta (1.60.93616) and latest release of Notepad++ (6.1.3). Download here!

Edit: aww, there's a new beta out with new commands of course :)

Many thanks for this!

cheers

Great!

It did annoy me very much the /* */ syntax highlighting didn't work in the original version.

This morning finally decided to fix that, only to see that you recently fixed it as well but even went beyond just fixing that! :bounce3:

Good to know they are useful :)

Here's one for the beta 1.60.94364. Tested in Notepad++ 6.1.3 and 6.1.4. The changes are pretty minor, but since I'm doing them anyway...

Changes:

• added new commands
  • renamed language to "Arma2OAsqf" as the underscore upset notepad++ autocomplete/calltip API
  • added autocomplete/calltip API file (due to Notepad++ limitations autocomplete only works for alphabetic only commands, and calltips cant be used)
  • moved several commands from group 4 (general) into group 1 (program flow)

Edited by ceeeb

That's really cool, ceeeb. Thank you so much!

Good to know they are useful :)

Here's one for the beta 1.60.94364. Tested in Notepad++ 6.1.3 and 6.1.4. The changes are pretty minor, but since I'm doing them anyway...

Changes:

• added new commands
  • renamed language to "Arma2OAsqf" as the underscore upset notepad++ autocomplete/calltip API
  • added autocomplete/calltip API file (due to Notepad++ limitations autocomplete only works for alphabetic only commands, and calltips cant be used)
  • moved several commands from group 4 (general) into group 1 (program flow)

Thanks! I've just tried this and its great.

Note, auto-completion must be enabled for it to work

Settings -> Preferences -> Backup/Autocompletion -> Enable auto-completion on each input

Very Nice release!

Edited by Horner