Sign in to follow this  
metsapeikkoo

ACE2 & HALO-script (Or some other parachute script)

Gentlemen, I have this little problem;

I can't get HALO script working with ACE2.

[player] exec "HALO\HALO_getout.sqs";

Now, I have changed the displayeventhandlers(can't remember how it went originally/what it was originally) to displayaddeventhandler in HALO.sqs.

However, the "HALO" script did work when the player was respawned in mid-air, but thats not really what I would want. I would want the HALO script to trigger once the player uses the "Jump out" action. Ofcourse, the other solution might be to actually give players the parachutes but as far as I am concerned there is no ACE-parachutes in ACE2 yet, thus making this rather impossible solution.

So, question is;

Has anyone found a solution/ACE2 compatible HALO/parachute script?

PROBLEM SOLVED:

this addWeapon "ACE_ParachutePack"

(And

this removeweapon "Binoculars";

for officers & squad/platoon leaders.)

Durrrhurrrhurrr this is the actual solution.

Okay, so, what was the problem;

No-one mentioned anything about parachutepack in ACE2.

Edited by metsapeikkoo

I had one for my missions in ACE1. Should be quite doable. Just have to find the correct function calls.

Well, if it works with ACE2 in ArmA2 I would really appreciate if you shared that script. (Basically the whole mission has gone to standstill since I can't get the HALO-stuff working with ACE2. Kinda shame though, but I guess it can't be helped until somekind of wonder happens.)

Hmm, and just couple of days ago I swore I would try not to touch Domination or Evolution in ArmA2. Guess I'll just have to scratch that one then.

I shall do as Ziggy said and I'll report back if it works like I wish it would.

this addWeapon "ACE_ParachutePack"

(And

this removeweapon "Binoculars";

for officers & squad/platoon leaders.)

Durrrhurrrhurrr this is the actual solution.

Okay, so, what was the problem;

No-one mentioned anything about parachutepack in ACE2.

ACE2 HALOsayswhat? ;)

The parachute requires one of the two gear slots allocated to binocs/NV. you could remove the NV if you wanted to keep the binocs.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Yeah, and I did remove the binoculars from the officers and replace them with parachute-packs. (Well, its a night mission I'm currently doing so its rather obvious that player would prefer night-visions over binoculars.)

Also, I think I should thank everyone who has bothered to spent their time replying to this thread. So big thanks, and without this helpful community, I would still be trying to figure out the magic behind the parachutes.

(And I think it would be a reasonable thing for me to give you guys credits in the mission briefing. I mean, if there is no objections ofcourse.)