Sign in to follow this  
-Shifty-

I suck what am I doing wrong?

Hey folks,

I only play Warfare, and it's always on the Blufor team. So the tactic I always do doesn't seem to work too well and I can't think of anything else.

Here's my load out and what I always do:

M16A4 w/ Red dot with 6 mags and 3 frags

+

rifleman

corpsman

rifleman (smaw)

automatic rifleman (m249)

I drive around in an M240 HMMWV. I always travel so I end up on the high ground when attacking a village and not facing the MG pillboxes.

Then I park the HMMWV and leave the (expendable) rifleman on the M240 facing the village.

What I really need them to do, is HOLD THEIR GROUND and shoot at what I tell them. Not run off like headless chickens.

Usually I have them spread out in a good line behind the HMMWV and they always rape all the enemy infantry. But I can never get past the armor, they always get me every time.

plan.jpg

I've tried so many other things and it never works. Aren't there any good guides or Youtube videos out there?

Well thats hard to tell witout watching you actually play, but I would sugest you to get out of the HMWWV if assaulting a village.

I also suggest that you take a SMAW besides your gun, with 2 or 3 AT Rockets. So you can deal with Armour yourself.

always set ai to 3/5 enage at will. and use the alt location for them to watch or 3/7 scan horizon. capture camps for respawn.

do 0/1 when you get out of veichiles so they regroup on you.

well since you play warfare i will tell you what i do here:

Use the road with your humvee and ignore the mg pillbox. If you don't stop on the road they won't be a treat because their reaction time is really slow. Drive really fast to the first strongpoint you encounter. Stop right beside it and go inside. Stay there and shoot nothing until you capture it. Once your capture it, now do whatever your want because you have a respawn point in the village if you die.

EDIT: well this tactic work for warfar benny edition, don't know about the other

Do what Smee has written! And put your Guys in Teams, it helps really!(9/x)

Maybe like this:

rifleman: (white- when he stays behind the mg and provides cover)

corpsman: (red- let him stay far behind ~50m- if possible. He provides some cover as-well.)

automatic rifleman: (m249)(red- He can suppress the enemy forces and gives good cover for you and your Team)

rifleman: (smaw) (blue- he stays in formation and is (with you) the Main Fire and AT Team.)

For bigger Teams:

Use Formations! its fucked- up to use the Line(8/7) in Towns. Use the Diamond Formation(8/9)? or something like this...

Set all on Danger(7/2)... they will be slow, but they'll give each other and you good cover.

Give them Targets! When they or your spot Armored Vehicles give your AT guys these things as Target. Same with Foot- Mobiles.

Maybe not the best Tipps, but its working for me.:D

For more: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_II_Hints_and_Tips

Edited by SuperSiggi

Judging by your equipment it's no wonder why you get wasted by the tanks every time. No AT? Get a IFV like the M2 or the AAV and add some AT infantry to your group and in the vehicle cargo. You will be slower but imho you have a bigger punch that way and have more protection vs. enemy inf without AT.

Or use the same team but with a TOW Humvee.

Judging by your equipment it's no wonder why you get wasted by the tanks every time. No AT? Get a IFV like the M2 or the AAV and add some AT infantry to your group and in the vehicle cargo. You will be slower but imho you have a bigger punch that way and have more protection vs. enemy inf without AT.

Or use the same team but with a TOW Humvee.

There is no M2 in ArmA2, and the AAV on its own is nothing more than a RPG magnetic deathtrap.

I take most towns with a truck full of Infantry...specilised infantry if available.

Park your ride 500m outside and make the rest of the way by foot to the first camp...a Javelin might be usefull, exept you want to capture Armoured vehicles.

Remember: you can not win warfare if you play it with realism in your mind..its a fast paced GAME mode. Suicidal behaviour gives you the greates advantages. Camping is a good tactic aftertaking a town...sooner or later someone will try to take it away from you.

There is no M2 in ArmA2

but there is addon ;) M2, M2A2, M6 ;)

Hi all

Basic Tactic

1) You assault from close dead ground, or concealment.

2) You cover from distant high ground from a hull down position using long range and area fire weapons in a gun group.

3) The two groups, gun group and assault group work at a 90 degree or less tangent to each other in order to create cross fire. Angles over 90 degrees expose each unit to increasing risk of blue on blue incidents.

4) Create shock and surprise by holding fire and being covert until the assault.

Sneaky Sneaky

Assault group creeps up to the target ideally in dead ground. Beaches make excellent dead ground as do valleys. When in position Gun Group MGs and rockets starts the assault with 10 to 30 seconds of suppressive fire. Assault group then closes with hand grenades to create shock followed by a charge. HINT For those defending from assault such dead ground is an avenue of approach and should be defended.

If discovered in aproach to assault or you consider the enemy too well entrenched and or large.

Consider drawing the enemy out of their cover and fight the battle from a reverse slope position of your choosing, often your assault group ingress route. Ideally exposing them to increased flank fire from your distant gun group.

Hull down applies to humans too!

DO NOT LIE DOWN ON A HIGH RIDGE TO FIRE FROM IT!

For humans, firing from hull down means when approaching the ridge, kneel! Do not crawl! Crawling to an edge, is for crossing it covertly, or for the purpose of covert observation, for both of which firing a gun ruins concealment.

If you are laid on a distant ridge you are subject to plunging fire! And your body is at an angle to the horizontal facing down if you are at height. So your body is in these cases a larger target not a smaller one; as you measure target size relative to the angle of incidence of fire.

By kneeling you fire with the mass of the ridge between your body and those returning fire, thus your body is in cover, you are hull down. Also if you receive accurate return fire you just duck or hit the dirt then switch position and begin shooting again but beware of the effect of plunging fire.

Research Needed

Try using the editor to find the angles of plunging fire at different ranges with different weapons, perhaps some kind person can do a table of incidence angles for various weapons at 50m or less intervals.

Exceptions to the rule

Sniper rifles and sighted or observed and directed fire MGs at extreme range should be considered as exceptions to this rule. They are best fired from bipods and thus laid down and their extreme range means they are often beyond range of effective return fire but beware of equivalent or superior weapons and prioritise targets accordingly. Also beware of weight of return fire; as Stalin said numbers has a quality all of its own. As always if the return fire becomes accurate conceal with smoke and change position.

There is more here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_II_Hints_and_Tips

The bits about battle drills are of use and Dslyecxi's ArmA II Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Guide is considered to be the bible of ArmA II play http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Nice stuff walker but this isn't real war as that's how I'd do it. This is a PC game.

SupperSiggi how do you use teams? In ArmA it was easy just use SPACE then mouse wheel onto the teams color and there you go. Haven't figured it out here yet.

Hi -Shifty-

That is how I was told to do it and how we tend to do it at Zeus.

On the Matter of humans v AI.

We do of course use Zeus AI so that is a big persuader to do it right. When you employ such proper tactics against other FPS game AI it is total overkill, and employing it against vanilla ArmA II AI does make the task very easy.

On the Matter of humans v humans.

When you employ those tactics against inexperienced MP clans it is also complete overkill but trained communities know how to fight, doing anything less than this will get your ass handed to you on a plate.

Kind Regards walker

Nice stuff walker but this isn't real war as that's how I'd do it. This is a PC game.

SupperSiggi how do you use teams? In ArmA it was easy just use SPACE then mouse wheel onto the teams color and there you go. Haven't figured it out here yet.

Select the guys you want in one Team and press "9" (not the Num-Pad:p), then you should see the colors which u can use.

Hey folks,

I only play Warfare, and it's always on the Blufor team. So the tactic I always do doesn't seem to work too well and I can't think of anything else.

Here's my load out and what I always do:

M16A4 w/ Red dot with 6 mags and 3 frags

+

rifleman

corpsman

rifleman (smaw)

automatic rifleman (m249)

I drive around in an M240 HMMWV. I always travel so I end up on the high ground when attacking a village and not facing the MG pillboxes.

Then I park the HMMWV and leave the (expendable) rifleman on the M240 facing the village.

What I really need them to do, is HOLD THEIR GROUND and shoot at what I tell them. Not run off like headless chickens.

Usually I have them spread out in a good line behind the HMMWV and they always rape all the enemy infantry. But I can never get past the armor, they always get me every time.

plan.jpg

I've tried so many other things and it never works. Aren't there any good guides or Youtube videos out there?

I dont even bother using ai when town taking. Just get your self a DMR with 4 to 6 mags and a smaw with the ammo that cost $200. Fotgot the name. Then when you go for a town you should capture a camp before even engaging ai. I normally just drive past the mg next guarding the camp but sometimes i just shot it with smaw.

Another way is to buy a amburlance from lightfact and move it near a town so you can respawn it if you dont have a camp. The range of the amburlance is 350m to 500 depending on if commander has upgraded it.

I usually drive to a town in an ambulance so I can respawn. First thing I do is try and take a little camp outside the village so you can respawn even when your ambulance is destroyed. Watch out for the machinegun nests. You can take those out from a distance with the Javelin or the Metis if you're russian. Or you can sneak around them and shoot the machinegunner with a silenced pistol, then take the camp, buy new Javelins there and destroy all heavy armor with it. If you have a camp, you have access to an arsenal and then it gets easier. Take out as much infantry and armor as you can, try to keep your camp and if things get safer, move to the main bunker and capture the town.

Also, paratroopers can come in handy if you need to keep the enemy occupied when they're too much for you to handle on your own. A paratroop drop can cost lots of money though and your commander needs to upgrade the base to make them available. Paratroopers are expensive but can sometimes be well worth it. You can also buy AI at the main base to accompany you. It's cheaper that way but it's harder to place them in positions you want them to when a town is heavily defended. A paratroop drop can be performed on every spot of the map.

Move to the next town and leave the paratroops to defend the town you just occupied. If you don't leave a town defended, chances are the town will be recaptured by enemy AI after about 5 minutes and you'll have to keep getting back to retake the town.

After a while, you get the hang of it and the real surprises come from enemy human players. These tactics always work quite well for me. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

And like brit~XR, I mainly use the DMR when I'm playing with Blufor. I think it's the best rifle on the blue side by far. A bit less accurate than the Dragunov i.m.o but just as fast and with a bigger magazine. My Opfor weapon of choice is the Dragunov. Fast rate of fire and highly accurate at close and medium distances. The bigger sniperrifles have a too low rate of fire for close encounters and the "standard" assault rifles are only useful for close encounters.

Also, get good hardware. Use a widescreen monitor with a widescreen resolution, high framerates help enormously, find low ping servers and use a good mouse. Use freelook often! I have my freelook enabled when I click my scrollwheel. It's very handy when you have a good position in which you don't want to move your body so you're not to be noticed but you do want to look around. I LOVE freelook in games! Also, the commandview is VERY handy but I actually think of it as a bit of cheating. But as long as anybody can use it, why shouldn't you?

Edited by King Haggis

I dont even bother using ai when town taking. Just get your self a DMR with 4 to 6 mags and a smaw with the ammo that cost $200. Fotgot the name. Then when you go for a town you should capture a camp before even engaging ai. I normally just drive past the mg next guarding the camp but sometimes i just shot it with smaw.

Another way is to buy a amburlance from lightfact and move it near a town so you can respawn it if you dont have a camp. The range of the amburlance is 350m to 500 depending on if commander has upgraded it.

I just tried this yesterday (before reading what you said).

It's just evil, I would sit on a hill, take out the MGs then the BMPs then the infantry then I'd walk in all casual like.

I use a motorcycle for transportation.

What's nice about the HMMWV (if you're good and you know you won't lose it) is you can put extra Javelin rounds in the truck along with extra ammo. Very practical.