• Parking lots

• Roadsigns/Signposts

• Street-name sings

• Four new bird species

• Potato clutter

• Five to Six times bigger than Utes Island

• No Airport

• Nine Cities/Villages

I have tried (and hope to have succeeded in) creating an island, that is supporting infantry fight in many ways.

Therefore this island has some distinct key locations to aid missiondesigners in creating thrilling and demanding tasks. The island features huge cliffs, a remote castle, thrilling forests, mountains, raw countrysides, urban areas with larger towns, a rather sophisticated road net, and much more.

But most important: It's kept realistic. So don't expect sky scraping cities next to poor villages, bombastic Industry or an International Airport. In fact, since the Island of Kellu is quite small compared to real life islands, it doesn't even have any airports at all. A scruffy harbor has to do the trick..

The island's mountain region contains a large gold mine which created enormous prosperity, which resulted in a rather modern island.

Download V1.1

Changelog V.1.1:

- Doubled terrain cells (Fixes landscape bug)

- Fixed Kellu harbor

- Fixed shop in Northam

- Tweaked bald-eagle probabillity

- Fixed bird-species

- Changed appearance of mountains

- Tweaked trafficsigns

- Added more items to the whole island

- Improved forests

- Added some location-names

- Improved Goldmine

- Fixed Sat-Map display in editor

- Added 3 separate islands for dummy usage

- Improved village appearances

- Tweaked buildings on slopes

- Changed longitude and latitude of Kellu Island

- A.L.I.C.E. and S.I.L.V.I.E. support implemented

Readme (V.1.1):

ADDON : Kellu Island made by Mondkalb

Version : 1.1

Release Date :12. December, 2009

======================

CONTACT INFORMATION :

======================

E-mail: Mondkalb@vr-web.de

www.armed-tactics.de (Website tends to vanish form time to time)

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

Kellu Island is - who would have guessed it - a new Island for Arma2. It comes together with many new objects.

==============================

CONTENT/FEATURES :

- 4 new, walkable buildings (mainly two stories)

- Pralament

- Shop

- Office

- Outlook

- 145 new, smaller objects

- Parking lots

- Roadsigns/Signposts

- Advertisements

- Street Name signs

- Potato plant

- etc.

- 2 new bird species

- Five to six times bigger than Utes ( km²)

- No Airport

- Nine cities/villages

BUGS :

mbg_parlament.p3d causes 14 ST-Errors in arma.rpt,

this is due to being the only unbinarised file.

I had to leave it unbinarised, because otherwise the geometry-lod wouldn't work.

======================

Fixes in V1.1 :

======================

- Doubled terrain cells (Fixes landscape bug)

- Fixed Kellu harbor

- Fixed shop in Northam

- Tweaked bald-eagle probabillity

- Fixed bird-species

- Changed appearance of mountains

- Tweaked trafficsigns

- Added more items to the whole island

- Improved forests

- Added some location-names

- Improved Goldmine

- Fixed Sat-Map display in editor

- Added 3 seperate islands for dummy usage

- Improved village appearances

- Tweaked buildings on slopes

- Changed longtitute and latitude of Kellu island

- A.L.I.C.E. and S.I.L.V.I.E. support implemented

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

The PBO and Sign files in the archive need to be extracted into your ArmA/Addons folder.

However the mod folder method is the better solution.

Copy the following URL into your browser to view a Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

One or more textures on this map [Objects] have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by

default. Please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.

Armaholic.com, for providing the public-ftp

armedassault.info, for providing this handy readme-generator

Sgt.Ace for helping with the landscape-bug

Everyone who posted in the Bi-Forum thread and gave me some feedback

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

This readme has been made by using the ArmedAssault.info Readme Generator.

Edited by Mondkalb

Wow, this is awesome... Looks really nice, plenty of attention to detail. Can never have enough islands, and this is a definite keeper! :D

WUHU, there is an advertising for my silvester party on the island :yay:

P.S. Great work Mondkalb... to bad that I was to busy to help you with placing some objects.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS:

File removed from public FTP. Next time please do not release addons of this size to the public when they are on the public FTP, its not a public file host. Its meant as a location where people can upload their files to we can grab them easily and put it on our main file servers which are capable of public hosting.

Only one bug for me so far, terrain appears to be missing parts at distance, all is good otherwise! Looks like this: http://img40.imageshack.us/i/arma22009120217053448.png/ (yes, I know the picture is of namalsk, but the bug looks much the same.) :D

Had that bug myself some time ago. Try either scaling down your Viewdistance or pumping up your Landscape details.

@Armaholic. Anyway, thanks for providing that kind of FTP. :)

Awesome island! Thank you for your hard work. Downloading this now.

i really like the cave area in the mine, it's cool how you did that. and the "peace is our profession" sign reminds me of Dr. Strangelove :p

very nice sprawling terrain.

i have some suggestions though. the edge of the roads where it blends into the grass seems to be grey and concrete-like. shouldn't it be grassy or muddy?

several of the mountain tops could use more varied texture. such as a combination of patches of gravel, rocks, grass and dirt.

also, about the urban areas. they seem to stick out. many of the buildings are build very close to the grass.

Very nice looking island! Thx Mondkalb.

Put it on our island section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

Kellu Island [1.0] by Mondkalb

Great island, but that grey texture under the buldings is annoying specially in small villages or farms.

And I know it looks good from map, but isnt it better to remove them since I think that the actual playing view is more important then the map.

Someones may think this not annoying, but this is just my oppinion.

:thumb:

This looks great, will have to try it for sure.

Great Island :)

I also like the golden mine area.. If the open is little larger ... airwolf can take off or land in the mine :)

I find some rpt problem:

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 143, 137, 144

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 141, 135, 142

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 140, 147, 136

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 147, 139, 148

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 140, 139, 147

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 147, 148, 141

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 147, 141, 142

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 145, 146, 143

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 145, 143, 144

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 145, 138, 146

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 146, 147, 142

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 146, 142, 143

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 105, 123, 102

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 105, 102, 104

these ST are performance enemy so I hope you'll try to fix

thank you rubber

Really like this island and especially the towns layout,not some random houses scattered around.

But the mountains could get some improvement maybe bigger and rockier.

Warning: mbg_kellu_objects\m\buildings\mbg_parlament.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 143, 137, 144

[...]

As said in the readme.txt these errors inherit from the only unbinarised object I used. I had to leave it as mlod, since otherwise the Geo-Lod wouldn't work.

I have no idea why this happens to this particular .p3d, all the others work fine when binarised.

This terrain is stunning, but I have found a bit of a bug when it comes to using the map with lower terrain settings... a picture says a thousand words

66m6o0.jpg

( All settings on very high apart from terrain, post processing and Anti-aliasing )

I've never seen this sort of bug before, but it only seems to happen when I try to play the map with anything below "Very High" terrain settings which can be quite demanding from my rig

ji24v8.jpg

(Same settings as last time but with Terrain set to "Very High")

Just thought I would leave this as a bug report, hope it works out!