Sign in to follow this  
SnowSky

Animations in general, tools for use and how to use the tools +"new organs"?

Good evening,

I was playing now for a long time with the tools, tried OFP Anim, the Maya Kit and so on, but at the end there was always somewhere a problem, so I want to stay at O²PE - this at the beginning.

Okay, I have many questions but first of all I'll tell you, what are my aims, I want to reach:

I want to add new sections to the models like "helma" (czech name for the helmet), so that it would be later on possible to change the helmet like a gun with other helmets and caps.

now my first questions:

1. BISkeleton - There is the 1.000 LOD, the EDIT Lod (which in this case has the bones as a nice worktool) and the Memory Lod. If there is a selection in Lod 1.000 which has the same name like in another Lod, those sections are for my work always the same, right? So now if I make a move for example with the selection "Head" in the edit lod, and i would save the rtm and load it into all lods, the "Head" in my 1.000 Lod should be moved now too, did I understand this right?

2. the rotations itself: Okay, if I want to rotate the Head, I choose the Head in the editLod, and take Points/3d transform/From Proxy, or I set the Pin on the Anglepoint, but also this does not work always, so often it rotates on it's center point, is there a possibility to get this work correctly? And another question on that point, is it somehow possible that the bones that should be linked to my currently rotated bone will be moved correctly too? Or should I only animate with the "-headxxxxx..." in the 1.000 Lod?

3. Linking: Are the bones really linked by the model.cfg sets?

4. New organs: Is it possible, to set a new selection? I could Imagine I'd have to remake all animations then so that the selection is known in the rtms, but would it be theoretically also possible to set the "Helma" (in my example) linked to the "Head" so it Should follow always the movement of the head?

What I did till yet:

I used the BISoldier, redefined the head, made the selection "helma" and defined it. (tried it also one time as a proxy, but for the first try/example it shouldn't be this the important thing for my question). I added the "helma" to the model.cfg, and in all my lods for this example.

My first try now was to observe if the helmet would move like the head because of the model.cfg, so I loaded an rtm of ArmA. Well... it was somehow... it was making me duzzy, one part of the helmet was moving with the head, the other parts where at the initial position like there would be no link between them. I don't know why it only moves a part of the helmet, if I selected the hole helmet as "helma" selection.

Well that was it till yet, I think I have to learn much, but it interests me very much and I'd like to do some nice things later on. Tried to find Tutorials, but wasn't very successful. As I said, I tried to get it done with many tools, but am still at the same point.

Good night - good fight

greets