tom3kb and MulleDK19
thank you both for your replies. I did not know that little tidbit about the description.ext file only being read in that fashion. After making the changes to the unit's init, and the descriptions.ext file, I saved the mission, reloaded it, previewed, and now it is working.
Thank you gentlemen for your support.
Thank you for that! That gave me something to truly work with. I decided to go by class names as one singular word with an unit name functioning the same way. What I noticed was, if you forget to use the quotations between the classname after setIdentity, it won't work!
Originally Posted by tom3kb
I finally put in the init line as: Firebird setIdentity "Firebird". It finally REMOVED Vadim Kropacek's name and showed the real name I wanted!
For future reference, do not type without the quotations: (unit's name) setIdentity "(classname)"
Ex: Spartan setIdentity "John_Spartan"
Spartan being the unit's name in the editor, and John_Spartan as the classname in the description.ext file.