Sign in to follow this  
Rayers12

Stuck...

I am using Mondkalbs Tut. I get to:

Save this file as „TUT_Wall_CO.TGA“ to your „TUT_Wall“ folder. Compression: 32Bit/Pixel.

Switch back to O2. Now hit „A“ to get into the texture-mode. Draw a box while holding your LMB in any View. Click with the RMB into this box. Select now „Load Texture“ and choose in your "TUT_Wall" folder your newly created .TGA file. O2 will convert it automatically to the ".paa"-Fileformat.

When O2 has converted the texture, you'll be able to see it in your drawn, black surrounded box. Now fire up the UV-Editor by clicking on this symbol in the upper menu bar: (uvedit.jpg)

Can someone clarify this for me? I can't find a compression box for Photoshop (CS2). Also, where does it save the .paa files? Furthermore, I load the blue tex, and nothing at all happens.

I'm also known as Tony Danza. Please help me.

:yay:

Photoshop should ask you in a popup about the bitdepth right after you've choosen a file to save to (at least it's like this in PS7).

The paa files will be saved where the tga files are located.

So you hit "A" which is like texture-edit-mode or like an unlock for this mode. The box you can draw is the "holder" of the texture, empty at start, but once you load the texture, you will see the texture in the box (or things didn't work out.. sure your tga file is 32bit?). Tga's will be converted automatically and correctly depending on the filesuffix.

If you hit "B" you can background-map this texture to the selected faces. Applied size will depend on the texture/grid ratio.. Or you can - as in mondkalbs tutorial - uv-map this texture. Once loaded, hit the UV-Button from the toolbar and follow the tutorial again.

Also consider beeing more specific than "can someone clarify this for me". Where exactly is your problem? If O2 can't load your texture, then most likely your texture is in a wrong format or badly named (remember: the suffix - CO, NOHQ, SMDI, etc. - DOES matter). Btw. I'm very new to moding myself, but I've "done" this very tutorial (and learned from it) too. And I succeeded, so hang on: it's doable after all :D

I do not get a pop-up at the save menu in PS. Also, is the guide for A1 or something like that? F6 doesn't seem to do anything for me.

I do not get a pop-up at the save menu in PS. Also, is the guide for A1 or something like that? F6 doesn't seem to do anything for me.

F6 should in O2 create a new face if you have 3 or 4 points selected (creating a tri or a quad).

Normally in photoshop when you choose the TGA format it gives a bit depth option (16,24,32 IIRC). I use CS2 and it comes up for me...

Problem Found. I Though that saving blahblah.tga in the filename would auto save it as TGA. Thanks!

Edited by Rayers12

you'll need to upload the image to a image sharing site like photobucket or image shack for us to see it :) assuming thats what you were trying to do

My .paa isn't in the TGA folder. Would it be somewheres else?

should be with the tga, if not, open up the tga in texview and save that as a paa next to the original tga and it should be fine. if you want to find the original paa do a search for .paa in the windows search for explorer.

Switch back to O2, again... select using the „Vertice-Selection tool“ in your „Top“-view the upper side of the whole Doorframe (Excluding the door!). Now switch to the „Touch Faces modus“ (touchfaces.jpg). Select the other side of your wallsegment (You've already selected the back of it, now the front has to be selected) while holding the "Ctrl"-key in the "3D"-View.

I've already selected the top vertices only. Does he mean to select the bottom vertices?

Edited by Rayers12
So uh... yeah!