Sign in to follow this  
desusa

3D Max..Map

Hi, I'm completely new to create graphical or blue print .. But I'll give it a try, can someone tell me whether you can use Google Maps or images of BluePrints for 3D Max? I have seen that there are some videos on youtube, but I can not find what I am looking for:)

1. What file is best to store the pictures? Can you use Google Maps or images that are not Blueprint?

2. Do you use Adobe Photoshop?

3. Does anyone know of good information how to make maps of Arma 2?

:yay:

Hi, I'm completely new to create graphical or blue print .. But I'll give it a try, can someone tell me whether you can use Google Maps or images of BluePrints for 3D Max? I have seen that there are some videos on youtube, but I can not find what I am looking for:)

yes, you can use almost any type of image as reference in 3ds

1. What file is best to store the pictures? Can you use Google Maps or images that are not Blueprint?

i work with PNGs. But most of the other files are good as well, and matters little. And yes, you can use whatever image you feel like, such a pictures, etc, if those suitable for your work.

2. Do you use Adobe Photoshop?

Yes, i do

3. Does anyone know of good information how to make maps of Arma 2?

By maps, i guess you mean Islands...as in terrain..check this very subforum, as well as biki for more info.

No one will ever hand you all the info on a plate though

Hey, thanks for the quick reply:) Now I know almost what I need to do .. If you come to think of anything more, I take all the help I can get .. :)

Ok now what? I have google map into 3D Max:) Can I edit the grass right in the map? Or do I need to create different files with objects on the map? :rolleyes: Do I have to create new objects each time I should edit?

But is it to create grass, stone, wood, grain, water, roads? On the map, I have a corn field and a road that goes to the farm, I will make road where the road goes:) how do I do it? Apologized I am completely new to this .. :)

Hey, thanks I have read a bit and I are on good way to understand .. :)

HEHE .... No, I do not understand! Shit this is hard!:confused: Video ?

HEHE .... No, I do not understand! Shit this is hard!:confused: Video ?

I can't supply a video, but I will say, keep plugging away.. What specifically is causing you problems? May be I can help. Also see if you can find Allie's tutorial over at OFPEC as that helped me quite a bit. I've been trying to make a map since the OFP days and have on recently been able to create something that would actually work. It's small, but attractive, but I don't think many will use it, when it eventually gets released.

For anyone who is new to Island editing or modding, the same general rule applies.

You are going to have to rely on what has already been posted here in these forums and what is available to you in the tutorial/wiki links. Your best friend is the Search Button up there ^ when you run into issues.

Not much else can be said. Have patience, be willing to learn from mistakes... and good luck!