noubernou

Map Plus v1.0 (No Satellite Texture, Added Ruler, Compass, Line Drawing)

Yes. :) Though this will be an addon version and depending on some changes made in the future it could require CBA.

Yes. :) Though this will be an addon version and depending on some changes made in the future it could require CBA.

I'm all for the CBA dependency! Can't hurt, right.

I love this mod.

Yep no problems with CBA here. Its standard requirements these days. Looking forward to your excellent addon in or out of ACE. :)

I have a simple question , is it possible to make map markers visible only to your squad. And if an officier of something wants to show some thing on is map , there would be an action to see his.

I have a simple question , is it possible to make map markers visible only to your squad. And if an officier of something wants to show some thing on is map , there would be an action to see his.

Somewhat with what I am going for here. When you draw on your map, other people can come up to you, when they get really close you get a "Copy Map" option and you can copy their map. It takes a little bit of time (network latency sending the marker info + simulated time if needed) and then you have all the lines on your map. In the future I would really like to add something that again is similar to Spooners map addon for ArmA1 in that you can place many different markers and rotate them/scale them and have those shared as well. Of course all of this would be close proximity sharing. If I could disable magic markers appearing for everyone no matter where they are I would do that! :p

Will this addon take away the standard map drawing things (markers in sidechannel and so on)? Or just be a compliment? Just curious.

Compliment. I'd like to replace the standard markers stuff though with my own system but I have yet to figure out a way to disable the double click event handler in the map that is there by default. I am sure there is a way, I am probably just totally missing it.

Standalone release should be very soon, but if you want to see it before the stand alone it will be in the RC1 release of ACE2 tomorrow. :)

Standalone release should be very soon, but if you want to see it before the stand alone it will be in the RC1 release of ACE2 tomorrow. :)

Ah just what i wanted to hear. :) Thanks Noubernou.

With the new arty systems etc its vital to more easily take out headings etc on the map. I think your map plus will help a lot.

Thanks.

I play as recon for my squad right now and with mapplus i get the markers spot on. Using compas and rangefinder gives me a good position fix and then i can use the rangefinder with the overlay compas and ruler to plot out any opfor.

A radio script to transfer mapdata to the commanders map would be a nice step later on.

Is this the latest version??

To some degree, the second version only exists inside ACE2. :)

To some degree, the second version only exists inside ACE2. :)

What did the second version do and if it made improvements, will we see a vanilla version?

What did the second version do and if it made improvements, will we see a vanilla version?

1HtV5Vbsr44

SH4aG4Yroeg

It is able to be moved to vanilla (well CBA required) pretty easily, but I do not have any plans in the near future to do so.

What and old thread :) Will you release something like this for A3? Map tools would be very usefull, ruler and compass at least.

I want this awesome tool too in A3!!

Seriously, this NEEDS to be in ArmA 3. The current state of the mpa is freakin' pathetic. Not even having a compass makes manual, old school navigation nearly impossible without actual physical map tools to place on your screen.

@MordeaniisChaos What are you talking about? On the A3 Map you do have a compass...

But indeed, I need this for ArmA3.

Also, as the OP is (was?) an ACE dev, maybe he can share some info on ACE3?

I just wanna know if it is being developed, take as much time as you need.