Sign in to follow this  
Scillion

Beta patching - no beta file

I run the beta patch and it makes it to the point where it's patching. At about 15% it just finishes and gives me an error that the program may not have installed correctly.

This happens with all beta patches. downloaded more than one.

I feel it's some setting in my computer. What could it be?

I7 processor

Windows 7 64 (happened with vista 64 too)

3 gig

I'm not using steam

I've never used a beta before

Looks like I have one of those bugs that only I have. :(

Edited by Scillion

Dont worry about it.. it installed just fine. had win7 too, and got that one too. your installation is fine

yeah my windows 7 does the same. but on my windows 7 i have to reinstall arma 2 very often because arma screws itself up everytime i install the second or third beta(with uninstalling the old one).

but i think it´s related to the rc1 i use.

@xXxatrush1987: Win7 RC1 (64bit) and A2 betas work just fine here. Do you get any error message when arma screws itself up?

EDIT: Just to clarify I too get the 'program may not have installed correctly' error message after installation and clicking 'OK'. But the betas still work flawlessly.

(Installed under C:\ARMA2\ if that makes a difference.)

Edited by Rok

I don't have any problems with Win7 x64 either, 6.1.7600 - no messages about the installation failing etc.

However... I do have Arma installed under C:\Games\Arma 2, not under program files - so maybe the mysterious magical directory protection is at play for those having that problem?

Just to be clear, I don't get a beta folder in my aram2 directory. I thought that was the whole point. :confused:

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Wow - I now know the problem. Window's 7 (vista also) places an extra Arma2 folder in another location.

I was looking in the wrong folder because I needed to get a pbo(ed) mission that I had downloaded by playing a mission on-line. From there I was going up one folder level which was an Arma2 folder.

Thx for your help, it got me looking for the folder again. :bounce3:

Hi.

Well seems to me that you maybe have a registry error in your windows. The Beta patch automatically find your ArmA2 install folder and then it start to install, and it's make a new folder called beta.

Turn off antivirus program and try to install the beta again.

To me its mixed. Sometimes it says that and sometimes not. Just click installed correctly as said. No worries.