by Günter Severloh
Brief History of WarModwhat is WarMod?
WarMod is a massive addon & mod customizable compilation mod built for Armed Assault
Features of WarMod:
- UI (user interface) change, the gamy indicators have been removed
- Realistic Audio-visual awareness inside vehicles, and Armor
- Weapon control -(hit where you shoot!)
- Weapon dexterity and dispersion has been eliminated
- Realistic bullet, rocket ballistics, & rates of fire for small arms.
- Tank Ammo definitions and correct ballistics for shells
- Realistic Tank Loadouts, and Laser engagment systems
- Blown turret FX for tanks
- HiFi Novus Aevum / HiFi v2.0 Realistic Sound Conversion mod
- Major AI Overhaul (WarMod has just about every addon & mod for AI)
- AI Spotting, engagement distances, hearing, and radar upgraded
- Dynamic sound & Extended voices - AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading,
throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! and say things based on the situation.
- Fully working twin mguns for AH6 chopper,BIS Camel and ZSU Shilka
- Ability to Attach a Satchel to Vehicles, & Armor
- Realistic Kamov (Ka50)
- Functional Iron Sight for M136 and RPG
- Chopper and Fighter Plane easier to fly
- New explosions for grenades, bombs, missiles, and general effects
- Over 150 Fixes for many aspects of the gam
- Arma Vegetation replaced so the AI view is blocked by trees and bushes
- Character movement, weapon animation, transition fixes are spedup for smoother character control
- Spent Shell Casings -(see bullet, grenadier shels,50 cal, and other shells
- Various blood effects such as 1st aid pack, blackouts, bleeding, ect..
- Upgraded grenadier -(enables all grenadier Bluefor units to have a realistic loadouts)
and many more!
A Mod Idea that started the WarMod series
and established a new Genre in the game of Arma
ChangelogThe original idea that started the WarMod series happened in 2009 when I was browsing the addons and mods section of Armaholic, seeing all
the amazing addons and mods i could add to my game, i thought to myself "wouldn't be ausome to have all these great addons and mods all in one mod!"
I had the idea to request that someone create a compilation of all the addons & mods and have them all run together in one mod.
The Idea into action
Such a Large request I figured no one would ever take up such complex and huge project.
So I had the crazy idea to take up the project on my own, really not knowing what I was doing
or getting into, although I was familier with downloading and installing mods and such, i took up the project.
A name for the New Mod
I thought up a name that was simple and really had to do with what the game was really all about: WAR,
hence I named the mod WARMOD, WarMod is a mod of general War.
Research,Testing and more testing
From this point on I had read, and researched and downloaded and installed every addon and mod that delt with AI, game fixes, effects,
explosions, tracers, gameplay, and many misc features all dealing with basically gameplay.
From there I spent many months testing, removing, reading, troubleshooting and creating readmes that gave the downloader of my new mod what
was in my mod, as well as creating a folder layout that allowed the new player/downloader of the mod an easy install of the mod.
The original Mod WarMod was founded in 2009 and started with Arma1 containing 80+ addons and mods.
After Arma2 released and the mods built up for that A2WarMod (A2=Arma2) was released in 2010 it had containing 120+ addons and mods.
In 2011 CoWarMod was released, which was the biggest of all compilation it had 224+ addons and mods.
-reorganized folder system
-added Documentations folder in @WarMod folder
-added Loading screen
-added Extras folder
-added mod SLX
-updated ECS configuration files so mod now works from @WarMod addons folder
-updated GL3 configuration files so mod now works from @WarMod addons folder
-updated credits list
-rebuilt Features list
-added mod HiFi Sound FX 1.5r2 @ HiFi Warfare
-added mod Better Kamov (v 1.0)
-added mod Environment Mod
-added mod Group Link 3 - The Ultimate AI Enhancement
-added mod The Enhanced Configuration System (ECS)
-added mod GDTModAV8 (v 1.00)
-added mod Functional Iron Sight for M136 and RPG
-added mod GDTModHelicopter
-added mod GDT Mod HDR
-added mod ArmA Artillery Fix (v 1.0)
-added mod Arma OFPEC Blood Effects
-added mod @S63_GrenadierPack
-added mod Red's Fix (144 fixes total)
-added mod TrueMods
-added mod EasyFly planes
-updated Permissions list
-updated Features readme
-Preinstalled EEH (you just have to add it to your target line)
-added mod Deadfast's Cartridges (v 0.2.0)
-added mod 6thSense.eu Pack 1 (v 0.4)
-added mod 6thSense.eu Pack 2 (v 0.1)
-added mod Real Dispersion
-added mod GDTModTracked
-added mod GDT Mod Satchel
-added mod Compact Fix for ArmA (v 1.16A)
-added mod zTanks Merge (v 0.9)
-added mod PROPER ToughChopperRotor
-updated Permissions list
-updated Installation readme updated for Full & Patch
-updated Gameplay and Features
-updated Whats new readme
-updated Fixed couple of bugs
-removed mbg cartridges (as it was conflicting with Deadfast's Cartridge)
-updated Installation Readme
-updated Feature readme
-added ECS & GL3 Tweaks readme
-added SDP Vehicles with multiple guns
-added VFAI - AI Extension
-added TrueRangeAI - (also known as truegamplaymods)
-changed Warmod has been repacked to be one download
-ECS mod and GL3 mod have seperate download
-updated Features readme
-removed data folder
v1.0 July 5th,2009
- Initial Release-= /// CREDITS \\\ =-
The following individuals I give credit to,
without their great mods this compilation mod would not be possible!!
Celery, i0n0s and Q
Kju & team
Mazza & team
NWD_ScopeFix v2.2 )
sickboy & 6thSense team
A few people that are in the credits
were unavailable to ask for permission.
Thanks to Wolle for helping me make the right decisions for
getting this mod out.