Sign in to follow this  
ActionMan

Question for TrippleHead2Go users

I'm thinking about getting a Matrox TrippleHead2Go just for Arma (I already bought a TrackIR5 just for arma ;) ), but I'm wondering if it will work for a mixed-monitor set up.

I've got one 2048x1152 (16:9) monitor, and two 1280x1024 (5:4) monitors. Can I mix 16:9 and 5:4 screens like this?

Or would I have to force them all to the same resolution - e.g. 3 x 1280x1024 - and if so would that mean that the middle screen (the 16:9 one) would be horizontally warped?

You can define custom resolutions, so that the view carries over to your periphery, but I don't think that you'll have a consistent image; like following a straight line down your barrel, for instance.

I have both, also, but with 3 identical monitors. It's really awesome.

I just tried SoftTH and it works perfectly, so I don't think I'll be shelling out the $$$ for a Matrox box any more ;)

I'm so impressed with Arma2 + SoftTH that I made a few videos in case anyone else is interested.

SoftTH:

TrackIR + SoftTH:

Many thanks to BI and Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen :D

I would thank NaturalPoint as well, but they're a bit evil these days with the encrypted data-streams locking out 3rd party devices, etc... :p