Sign in to follow this  
dayglow

custom aspect ratio?

high I play on a HDTV with a native resolution of 1280x768, which is an aspect ratio of 15:9. For the aspect ratio menu I can choose between 16:9 or 16:10. Is there any place in a cfg file that I can customize the aspect ratio to fit the native resolution of my screen?

I can select my Rez in game, that's not the issue. The issue is that in game I only have a choice of 16:9 or 16:10 ratios when my Rez should have a native 15:9 ratio.

Surely if you set the resolution to 1280x768 that is enough? Because a 15:9 aspect ratio is close enough to 16:9 to be considered synonymous, only the very keen eye will spot the slight stetch or squishing on screen.

An idea from the internet, I think it is relatively accurate:

The physical ratio of pixels is 15:9 however the pixels are not quite square, thereby giving a 16:9 panel ratio.

Edited by Mr Sarkey

I can select my Rez in game, that's not the issue. The issue is that in game I only have a choice of 16:9 or 16:10 ratios when my Rez should have a native 15:9 ratio.

ah I got ya...yeah then 16:9 is pretty much the same

I've played around with both aspects. I find that 16:9 is just a little squished and 16:10 stretched. Not too bad but enough to notice. That's why if I could set 15:9 it would be perfect.