Sign in to follow this  
Raptor13270

Mouse Wheel Zoom + Middle Mouse Menu Activation

It would be neat if the zoom in ArmA can be adjusted with the mouse wheel like in the original Ghost Recon. I think this would simulate scopes with adjustable magnification better than the current system. In order to implement this, clicking the middle mouse should be used to bring up the actions menu and execute orders. Another alternative method would be hold right mouse + scroll up/down to zoom.

you do know that your controls are customizable right, you can make your controls what you want.

1st thing you should do when you get a game is set your controls and other settings.

Like the OP, I'd LOVE this feature as well.

Currently no combination of keybinds allows analogous-zoom while in 'infantry' mode. As tank commander or gunner its quite different however.

-k

Okay, I think I got it, but is there a way to activate the command menu via middle mouse, instead of scrolling up/down?

Edited by Raptor13270

Like the OP, I'd LOVE this feature as well.

Currently no combination of keybinds allows analogous-zoom while in 'infantry' mode. As tank commander or gunner its quite different however.

-k

That is not quite correct. When in infantry mode, yes, your zoom will revert to normal once you release the key. But this is kinda logical, since it is supposed to make up for the bad resolution of our screens compared with the resolution of our eyes.

Now, if you bring up your ironsights, red dots or EOTechs you have analogue zoom that stays at the zoom level you set. This does not work with scopes that IRL do not have adjustable zoom.

Also, if you have a mouse with thumb buttons, use these to zoom in or out. Comes in very handy.

The advice I give to all new arma players is remove ALL keybinds and spend an afternoon re-mapping them how you THINK they should go and what feels natural.

For instance my Suit Zoom key in the HL2, and temporary ironsights in killing floor are the enter key(use arrow keys). So I set "temporary zoom" to that (not sure if thats the commands actual name.). Then I can look and without ironsights.

Salah ad Din;1493878']That is not quite correct. When in infantry mode' date=' yes, your zoom will revert to normal once you release the key. But this is kinda logical, since it is supposed to make up for the bad resolution of our screens compared with the resolution of our eyes.

Now, if you bring up your ironsights, red dots or EOTechs you have analogue zoom that stays at the zoom level you set. This does not work with scopes that IRL do not have adjustable zoom.

Also, if you have a mouse with thumb buttons, use these to zoom in or out. Comes in very handy.[/quote']

Well, if you have a spare joystick axis, you CAN have analogous zoom, and leave it just where you want

I set the slider axis on my X52 to control the zoom, so now I have direct control of it, and since the slider is not spring loaded, it stays just where I leave it...

Anyways, It's not much use for infantry... I use it mostly when doing strafing runs with the A10... for infantry I mostly go with the right-click zoom... I think it would be just another thing to worry about when you're on foot.

Oh, and also, iirc, if you tap the minus key twice, it will lock into zoomed in mode.

Cheers