Sign in to follow this  
mister2cc

single player campaign in coop multiplayer

hi

I'd like to play OPF cold war crisis campaign with 2 friends of mine in cooperative multiplayer.

Is it possible to do it or do I need to download some mods? If yes, which one? could you help me linking them to some working mirror?

thanks very much

:)

You might start by first downloading this coop campaign file:

http://download549.mediafire.com/ucwhweb92ztg/m11nnolyw5i/Cold+War+Crisis+Cooperative.exe

thanks man, what is it? and how do I use it? :D

edit:

I already installed it and seems to have worked. What does it CWC mean beside every mission's name? Are now the missions connected each other (I mean does the next mission keep in count how the previous ended?)

thanks a lot

Edited by mister2cc

I already installed it and seems to have worked. What does it CWC mean beside every mission's name? Are now the missions connected each other (I mean does the next mission keep in count how the previous ended?)

MP Coop missions are single missions, there is no way to link them as in a campaign. Therefore things do no carry over from one mission to the next.

CWC is "Cold War Crisis" (the original campaign). There is also a Resistance Coop and a RedHammer Coop campaign.

MP Coop missions are single missions, there is no way to link them as in a campaign. Therefore things do no carry over from one mission to the next.

CWC is "Cold War Crisis" (the original campaign). There is also a Resistance Coop and a RedHammer Coop campaign.

thanks.

Are the resistance and the redhammer coop campaing worth playing? If yes, could you link them? thanks!:yay:

Hey Zulu

both my friend and I tried the multiplayer patch and it works, but a weird thing happens:

as soon as the client player joins the game ( in the 1st mission) we all die and the helicopter falls into the sea... on other missions the joining player cant access the game, it gets stuck on a screen with "GAME IN PROGRESS" label on it and only the "cancel" button active. The server player can play around the map, shoot etc. instead.

Do you know what's going on?

In the mission where the chopper falls down, either of the players apparently has to be the pilot. Or just enable an AI slot for it and let it fly instead.

In OFP you cannot join a game while it's in progress, so the host needs to restart the game for the other players to be able to join in.

In the mission where the chopper falls down, either of the players apparently has to be the pilot. Or just enable an AI slot for it and let it fly instead.

In OFP you cannot join a game while it's in progress, so the host needs to restart the game for the other players to be able to join in.

great

thank you so much, will let you know :D

great

thank you so much, will let you know :D

Hey I retried playing the 1st mission (the falling chopper one) with my friends, but I cant find how to solve it.

In the point where you can assign the roles to everyone, none of the available roles is a pilot. The pilot is probably par of another team which I don't have control of. How can I see the other teams and maybe find a pilot role to assign my friends to? :(

PS I keep the other roles assigned to AI just in case, but he chopper falls down anyways..

Sounds like a design fault, in that case. You might just skip that mission.

Are you playing with a mod ?

Some mods may have replaced the BIS UH60 by models that have problems, or just have some scripts added that shutdown the UH60 at start for whatever reason (i remember having seen a chopper shutdown by a script to have a "startup procedure" occuring and after it the chopper was able to start again).

both my friend and I tried the multiplayer patch and it works, but a weird thing happens:

as soon as the client player joins the game ( in the 1st mission) we all die and the helicopter falls into the sea...

I tried the first mission and both helos land fine. Funny thing I also tried an old set of CWC MP campaign missions and the second helo crashes in the forest at the LZ. The pilot slots seem to be assigned as AI by the mission, they are not selectable

How can I see the other teams and maybe find a pilot role to assign my friends to?

Starting at mission 05B strange meeting you get multiple groups, Alpha Black and Alpha Red, but Alpha Black is only 1 player. Use the up/down slider to the right of the player slots to see all of the players. This comes into play more in later missions.

Edited by Zulu1