Sign in to follow this  
.rascal

Setting waypoints for the GPS?

Hey all,

sorry for asking what propably is a noob question (which i still happen to be) but this one really bugs me. I figured that in ARMA2 you have the GPS as a minimap replacement. However, since it is not zoomable (at least i was told so on a server earlier that day) i was wondering if it is somehow possible to set a waypoint in the map that then displays in the GPS?

Because the biggest problem i have is the orientation. I keep pressing M all the time just to find my way to the front. If i had a waypoint in my GPS pointing me in the right direction that would be a thing of awesomeness and i wouldn't get lost in the woods with my motobike so often :rolleyes:

Cheers,

rascal

While it won't show on your GPS. Press Shift-Mouse1 (left mouse button) somewhere on the map and you'll get a temporary waypoint which will show up on your HUD.

Provided your difficulty settings allow it.

-k

that sounds helpfull! I hope it works online too since i don't play the singleplayer. (Shooting AI ain't fun for me)

For me, it's L-Shift + L-mouse......R-Shift doesn't work on my end (maybe due to remapping keys).

To delete your waypoint, hover de cursor over it, and press Del.

How do you show the GPS on the HUD ? I dont remember the last time i went on a server with this feature.

Is it possible to bring it on the HUD or its a mission thingy ?

You can set a marker on your map if you want and that should show up on the gps.

You can set a marker on your map if you want and that should show up on the gps.

And then some schmuck will delete it just for the fun of it. AFAIK there's no way to place a local marker (aside from the waypoint).

And then some schmuck will delete it just for the fun of it. AFAIK there's no way to place a local marker (aside from the waypoint).

Markers only show up on the map for people who are on the same radio (text) channel as the guy placing the marker. You have to be on that channel when the marker is placed, tuning in later wont work.

For your own personal marker, try switching to vehicle channel or group channel rather than side, local or global.(the shift+click HUD marker only shows up when you are in a vehicle anyway as far as I know.)

Comma key cycles through available channels.

Any marker you can see on your main map screen will also show up on your GPS.

Left shift + arrow keys will change the type of marker, and right shift + arrow keys will change marker colour.

Hope that is helpful :)

Edited by Bluedog