Sign in to follow this  
the_shadows

Cd key disabled?

How?, i was starting play on match at private server as allways i play on thath private server, but when it connect littlewhile there comes Your cd key is disabled. what causes it? it worked good like 4 months and now this. it cannot be addons too cause only have one map and it is too everyone else on thath server. :confused::mad:

You might want to include information about which version of the game you purchased and from where (ie: Steam d/l or DVD from 505, etc).

From what I've gathered in the past, a key gets disabled when it starts to appear in multiple instances (like it's been shared with a friend or put up for sale online). Most of the people who have come here with the message ended up having purchased their keys from some illegitimate website.

You'll likely be instructed to contact the publisher (if you purchased the US retail box, it would be Idea Games). I think Placebo has helped people out before (the ones who were able to prove that they had purchased a legit copy).

Hope they get you sorted.

There is no virus around that steals arma keys. The message just says that the arma2.exe is suspicous because for Avast is has a behaviour like a keylogger. You can safely ignore this message and add the arma2.exe to the list of trusted applications. It has nothing to do with the fact that your key has been disabled.

Reasons for this Thirdup already explained.