Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

USMC Winter Infantry v.1.00 released

Hi all,

I have released my USMC Winter Infantry addon.

This addon contains reskinned USMC units intended for use in a winter environment. They are not in any way meant to be

exact replicas of the real life USMC winter camo. As such my units do not include gloves, hoods or heavy coats. They merely

consist of winter camo textures for pants, jackets, helmets, body armors and boots. Weapons are not reskinned in this addon.

Please see the Readme file for further info and installation instructions.

Some screenshots here:

http://www.xsys-clan.se/nt_usmc_winter1.JPG

http://www.xsys-clan.se/nt_usmc_winter2.JPG

http://www.xsys-clan.se/nt_usmc_winter3.JPG

http://www.xsys-clan.se/nt_usmc_winter4.JPG

http://www.xsys-clan.se/nt_usmc_winter5.JPG

http://www.xsys-clan.se/nt_usmc_winter6.JPG

Download link 1:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8259

Download link 2:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=3342&game=1

As always - have fun playing :)

/ ]NTRUDER

Very nice addon, looks amazing on Klurs island + NIM weather!

But I really hope you get some help to get rid of that annoying editor error message you mentioned in the readme.

MfG Lee :)

Oh great.

Thank you so much. We need only some opfor units and some winter Islands now.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

nettruxker:D

Very nice addon, looks amazing on Klurs island + NIM weather!

But I really hope you get some help to get rid of that annoying editor error message you mentioned in the readme.

MfG Lee :)

Thanks mate :)

Yeah I hope I can solve it. I have seen the same error message in the SEALs addon and some other reskin units too. Weird because configs look alright (to me at least lol).

Thanks Intruder! Looking forward to making a Snow Mission!

Cheers!

Looking forward to playing your mission then :)

Oh great.

Thank you so much. We need only some opfor units and some winter Islands now.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

nettruxker:D

You're welcome!

I think/hope winter Opfor's are in the making already. As far as winter islands go you can still have a lot of fun on Snowy Drago island. Me and my clan buddies did a mission with my units on Drago yesterday. It was freezing cold :D

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER

sorry for necroing this shit, but is it possible that you could add gloves to all of the units? please thanks :D

ah those look bad ass, has he given an ETA for a release? Im makin a video, those units would be bad ass actors :D

sorry for necroing this shit, but is it possible that you could add gloves to all of the units? please thanks :D

That's quite alright hehe

Adding gloves is not really within my scope I'm afraid. Texture work is one thing, modelling another. Thanks for the suggestion though :D

I'm sure Shnapsdrosel will create some very nice looking winter units for us! Looking forward to trying them out when he's finished :)

/ ]NTRUDER

NTRUDER;1514929']That's quite alright hehe

Adding gloves is not really within my scope I'm afraid. Texture work is one thing' date=' modelling another. Thanks for the suggestion though :D

I'm sure Shnapsdrosel will create some very nice looking winter units for us! Looking forward to trying them out when he's finished :)

/ ']NTRUDER

adding gloves is easy, at the least you could copy and paste the hands of a soldier that has gloves! and then you will have hands that load with the glove textures..iv done that with my snow units..ill send u a demo copy if you need it?

adding gloves is easy, at the least you could copy and paste the hands of a soldier that has gloves! and then you will have hands that load with the glove textures..iv done that with my snow units..ill send u a demo copy if you need it?

Thx soldier, I appreciate that.

But those are not really thick winter gloves are they? That's what I thought Drew meant with 'adding gloves'. Because in winter time you would use thick gloves and inside them you would wear "finger gloves" to use for actual trigger time. At least that's what I was wearing during my service in the Arctic area.

Nice to hear from you again btw :)

lol i see your point bud how ever i can help you there too...but remeber i did say i lost all my good work(on my good computer) but ill check this old on to see if i have the specail gloves i made! there basic glove\hands that i edited to make look more puffyand think(warm lol), just by re-sizing the model in o2 and i re-did the textures to look more like artic\ski gloves and even for my basic skills i thought they looked pretty badass my self! if i find them ill send them to you asap, if not i might try to re-make them, and send to you asap! so that atleast ill have them for when i can finish my mod!

p.s. thanks man, good to hear from u too, ill be around alot more once i get my new rig and arma2 for x-mas, and ill atleast start work on my snow mod for arma2 then aswell! and then of corse your handly skills will be welcome then too!

Edited by soldier2390

My recommendation for these units would be not to make them all white if you want to make them look more realistic. Rarely do USMC units recieve ALL WHITE load bearing vests, ammo pouches, body armor covers, NBC pouches, etc.. I've never seen any US military unit have all white gear (aside from maybe a sniper). So I would recommend that you keep stuff like pouches at least and maybe some helmet covers, their original MARPAT color.

Also, this is a picture of the current winter camouflage (if you look closely its a type of digital camouflage):

http://www.hyperstealth.com/USMC-Snow-Camouflage/bridgeport-sm.jpg

Here's some more info about it:

http://www.hyperstealth.com/USMC-Snow-Camouflage/index.html

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My recommendation for these units would be not to make them all white if you want to make them look more realistic. Rarely do USMC units recieve ALL WHITE load bearing vests, ammo pouches, body armor covers, NBC pouches, etc.. I've never seen any US military unit have all white gear (aside from maybe a sniper). So I would recommend that you keep stuff like pouches at least and maybe some helmet covers, their original MARPAT color.

Also, this is a picture of the current winter camouflage (if you look closely its a type of digital camouflage):

http://www.hyperstealth.com/USMC-Snow-Camouflage/bridgeport-sm.jpg

Here's some more info about it:

http://www.hyperstealth.com/USMC-Snow-Camouflage/index.html

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the feedback Miles Teg, but please read the first post in this thread.

My intention was never to make these guys as true-to-life as possible. I simply wanted the ArmA 2 community (and me) to have some winter units to play around with, because there weren't any other out there. I guess you could see them as a placeholder until something better comes along.

yeah and i guess when i can finish working on my a2 snow mod ill have more units to play with, but for now these are more then great! i may even want to include these in my mod when done..but we can talk more about this later ]NTRUDER!

great work btw, still cant wait to play with them!

Just downloaded these to try them out... Look like great generic winter units! Ideal for fooling around on snow terrain!

Wonder if anyone's planning some generic snow OPFORS?? ;)

I got one non-critical error...

No entry bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/usmc_winterfcl.priority

Otherwise everything is fine... I'm gonna make a quick replacement config patch for these so I can just switch all standard USMC to winter and try a mission or two...

Thanks for these ]INTRUDER - they're great!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

@Bushlurker

How do you go about making a replacement config? It is something I would like to do also.

SD

Hi!

It's pretty straightforward - you just change the bits you want... I quite like using them for quickly changing to other reskinned units since you can just drop the replacement pbo in with the units modfolder and when you add that modfolder - like this USMC snow guys one - you automatically change the USMC to snow guys... So basically you could just say - I'll have these goodguys Vs those badguys - add those two modfolders, and you're ready to go - whatever mission you play will use those units...

Its fairly easy at the moment since most units are just reskins - when they get more complex so do the replacement configs - if you want to include all the features... Same with weapons...

Try taking this one apart...

Download: Bush_WinterX_RC

And also look in your Addons folder for "characters2.pbo" and take that apart too... all you need from that is the config.cpp... thats where every aspect of every unit is defined... two of those aspects are the model used and the wounds textures... look here for the bits you want to change and see how they're structured...

Now look at my config... all it does is say "I'm a patch and I'm patching <these> unit definitions with <these> new values for model and wounds textures (copied from the appropriate part of ]INTRUDERS snowguys config)... use these, not the defaults" - for everything else - if you don't specify any changes, it'll just inherit the defaults... So you get standard USMC everything, except using ]INTRUDER's Snowcamo models, plus their matching wound textures...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Just downloaded these to try them out... Look like great generic winter units! Ideal for fooling around on snow terrain!

Wonder if anyone's planning some generic snow OPFORS?? ;)

I got one non-critical error...

No entry bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/usmc_winterfcl.priority

Otherwise everything is fine... I'm gonna make a quick replacement config patch for these so I can just switch all standard USMC to winter and try a mission or two...

Thanks for these ]INTRUDER - they're great!

B

Thx Bushlurker! It's seems you have found just the right use for my units, happy to see that :)

Yeh, I mentioned that error message in the Readme. I don't know what's causing it but I'm sure someone on the forums does and can give me a hint =)

Hi ]INTRUDER !

Yeah - I had a look myself but I'm just not able to figure out that particular error... To be honest I'm not even entirely sure how all these faction classes work at all...

Also - I hope you didn't mind me posting that replacement config... Normally I keep these things to myself... it's not really polite to bypass modelmakers configs - publically at least - without getting permission first... I should know better :) - I figured these particular ones were OK since you labelled them yourself as basic generics to keep folks happy till someone decides to get serious with some detailed Snow Units. A replacement config is a quick way to get the units actually in-mission without having to have specific missions tied to the units...

Anyway - thanks again for these! ... did I mention generic snow opfors??? ;)

Merry Xmas!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hi ]INTRUDER !

Yeah - I had a look myself but I'm just not able to figure out that particular error... To be honest I'm not even entirely sure how all these faction classes work at all...

Also - I hope you didn't mind me posting that replacement config... Normally I keep these things to myself... it's not really polite to bypass modelmakers configs - publically at least - without getting permission first... I should know better :) - I figured these particular ones were OK since you labelled them yourself as basic generics to keep folks happy till someone decides to get serious with some detailed Snow Units. A replacement config is a quick way to get the units actually in-mission without having to have specific missions tied to the units...

Anyway - thanks again for these! ... did I mention generic snow opfors??? ;)

Merry Xmas!

B

I don't mind about the replacement config - carry on :) If it makes my units easier to use and enjoy so why the hell not :D

Opfors are ......hmm....."being worked on".......;)

On that subject, be sure to check with soldier2390 as well.

We will see what the holidays will bring hehe.....I hear Santa can make such wishes come true =)

NTRUDER;1520711']I don't mind about the replacement config - carry on :) If it makes my units easier to use and enjoy so why the hell not :D

Opfors are ......hmm....."being worked on".......;)

On that subject' date=' be sure to check with [b']soldier2390[/b] as well.

We will see what the holidays will bring hehe.....I hear Santa can make such wishes come true =)

thanks for mentioning me mate! and i guess i should say that since i did get my new rig for x-mas, soon after the holidays ill be back in business lol! and then im pretty much gonna start my snow mod again from scratch! with better textures and for arma2! looking forward to beable to work with you more then bro!

Dave,