Sign in to follow this  
MAA

CSLA Studio - work in progress thread

Woodland ACR units are planned for ArmA2 as well as a weapon pack (which is almost ready) and some vehicles (being worked on). As for desert ACR, according to the official statements, Czech army SF will be present in OA expansion, which could be used as a basis for further development.

EDIT: Regarding the ambulance, it's not a priority right now, but it's on the ToDo list.

Edited by TheSun

According to the latest reports, the CSLA paratroopers were seen over the Chernarus. We have confirmed now the motoriflemen and paratrooper units with complete equipment.

cslaa2wip04.th.jpg cslaa2wip05.th.jpg cslaa2wip06.th.jpg

man you guys are good great job looking forward to whats next

According to the latest reports they look pretty darn sweet too :p

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the hand glitching through the GL. I'd love to see this fixed but it definitely isn't a deal-breaker.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the hand glitching through the GL. I'd love to see this fixed but it definitely isn't a deal-breaker.

It will be fixed ;)

The Sa-58 is no copy of the AK-47 - they are both based on the StG44, but each uses a different mechanism... Both are very realiable, too.

@Hurby:

I promise you that neither the AK nor the SA Vz.58 are copies of the German StG 44. Both vaguely resemble it from the outside, but that's where the similarities end. The StG 44 is a long-stroke gas piston operated weapon with a vertically locking ("tipping") bolt, hammer fired. The AK is a short-stroke gas piston with a rotary-locking bolt, hammer fired. The Vz.58 (P and V variants) are short-stroke gas piston, vertically locking bolt, striker fired. Sorry to jump in like that, but that myth ("AK is like StG and everything that looks like StG is obviously exactly like an StG") is one of my pet peeves. Historically, the Soviets developed 7.62x39mm in 1943, around the same time that 7.92x33 was developed and began field trials in the form of various MKb and MP-43 weapons, and while the layout is roughly the same (just as prettymuch all assault rifles look basically the same; curved magazine forward of trigger assembly, except for bullpups...), as I said above, they're not similar weapons.

I didn't mean to imply they were copies - as you might notice, I said that both weapons were based on it, but each used a different mechanism, by which I meant to say that the designers of both took a look at the German weapon and changed different things. Anyway, thanks for the detailed technical info.

Wow, everytime I check this thread, I see outstanding quality... :)

Great Job!!

Will you guys do the new CZ 805 BREN A1 / A2 ?

cz_805s_1.jpg

Since the Vz.58 will be replaced by him.

I don't think that would fit in, jhoson14, since the mod is about the CSLA, Czechoslovak People's Army from the cold war era. But I can't speak for the CSLA mod team myself. Perhaps they have planned some modern ACR units too like in the OFP times, in which case your idea might be more suitable.

Edit: I just read through the thread a little and apparently the plans for the ACR are true. Sorry. :)

Edited by Rellikki

Nice Project. Any idea when its ready? :j:

When it's done, as always?

I don't think that would fit in, jhoson14, since the mod is about the CSLA, Czechoslovak People's Army from the cold war era. But I can't speak for the CSLA mod team myself. Perhaps they have planned some modern ACR units too like in the OFP times, in which case your idea might be more suitable.

Edit: I just read through the thread a little and apparently the plans for the ACR are true. Sorry. :)

Yes.. we are working on modern ACR and ASR too ;)

We are still working on our projects but I don't know when it will be done.

Edited by Maa

Really thanks for the info Maa, will keep a eye on this mod.

Its looking awesome :D

I didn't mean to imply they were copies - as you might notice, I said that both weapons were based on it, but each used a different mechanism, by which I meant to say that the designers of both took a look at the German weapon and changed different things. Anyway, thanks for the detailed technical info.

Hurby, sorry about that. Went off half-cocked and didn't read what I thought I did. Freaking math courses messing with my mind. You have a PM, by the way.

Maa: I volunteered a while ago to help naturalise your English translations. If you still want my help I'm ready any time.

HINDS almost done :cool:

CSLA_A2_Mi24.jpg