Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

No, and that would be a pretty bad idea to have because, as said, some missions might have severe side effects.

Hey Mandoble,

I love your addon. Any chance of having the guns on the C-130 used by a special Gunner seat, not the pilot?

Also, there is some weird behavior when trying to load mma with other addons. While, just as an example, the F-16 addon works like a charm, if I try to load mma together with the C-130 fix I cannot place the Mando Game Logics, so I assume that it doesn't load correctly.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, if I only knew what.

Hi Mandoble,

I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with your addon too. I've had a few issues using laser targetted LGB's in the A-10 and calling in bombing runs playing an a spotter unit with laser designator, but these are minor niggles and I think they were mentioned a few pages back anyway. The quality of the work is excellent and adds a great deal of functionality to the vanilla system.

Hmmmm, I use the fix and used the fix in some testing and I never had a problem. Weird, wild stuff. It's probably a conflict between something else and the fix that's causing it. That odd though cause I tested MMA with a ton of user made content and I've never had a problem.

Well, tbh, the C130 fix doesn't even work all on its own, so, yeah, I dunno.

I mean, I haven't really "measured" the turning ratios, but I guess the change should be apparent, no?

So if I install this mod, I dont need the RKSL countermeasure mod?

Anyway, I've been looking for this one since you announced it.

Ziiip, if you install this addon (not mod) and the mission you play uses it.

"Fire and configure missiles, create missile launchers for AI or players using any existing vehicle, plane, ship, chopper or thing, add automatic or manual chaff and flares dispensers to your vehicles, replace all vanilla ArmA missiles by mando ones, etc."

So does this mean that I dont need the RKSL countermeasure addon anymore?

I dont know how RKSL countermeasure addon works. In case of mando missile, you will have all that (automatic or manual countermeasures, ecm, etc) as long as you have, for example the GLs present in the demo missions, in your mission (placed in the map). I mean, mando missile effects and systems will be available ONLY if the mission maker decided so, or if a particular addon includes them (like Gnat's submarines or Fortran F117), not just because you have the MMA addon installed in your addon folder.

"Fire and configure missiles, create missile launchers for AI or players using any existing vehicle, plane, ship, chopper or thing, add automatic or manual chaff and flares dispensers to your vehicles, replace all vanilla ArmA missiles by mando ones, etc."

So does this mean that I dont need the RKSL countermeasure addon anymore?

Pretty much, with MMA RKSL countermeasures become redundant.

But im having some trouble with the LGB camera on A10/AV8b, etc... am i supposed to be able to designate LGB targets myself from the camera? I get a lock, for example, on a t72, circle and square etc, both arrows pointing inwards towards the target, and im flying on a relatively flat path directly over the target, around 1200m, and no matter what happens i just cannot get the bombs to hit the target... i dont even see an explosion anywhere near the target area...
Hi TimRiceSE, LGBs are a bit tricky as they dont have any engine its range depends a lot on your altitude and speed. As a general rule, it is safe to drop them if you are more or less aligned with the target and closer than 1Km.
You actually has it Simon_C, not as a mark, but as a GREEN text for the range to target. Now this "time to target" in the camera is wrongly calculated for bombs (it is calculated for missiles). I will include a correct TTI calculation for bombs and the TV in next betas.

TheCrusader, are you using normal interface size? If not, check the red note here ;) And yes, a camera can be added also for A10 Mavericks.

Hm, will this be fixed in this weekend's beta?

And weird, even if the bombs don't hit, there should be explosions? If you release the bombs with the firing button, they release correctly (as seen in 3rd person) and hit the ground and explode, when using the cam nothing happens...

Hello Mandoble, could you make a sample mission about setting mando_gun_lite on an empty car please?

Check the comments below and modify the setup at will

[0,0,2] is the firing position of the gun in model coordinates

[0,0,2,0,181] is the camera position + angles [x,y,z, init ang, freedom left/right], so neutral position is direction of the car + 0 degrees and it can move 181 degrees to left and right (full coverage)

//put this code inside your missions's init.sqf

// cars cameras setup (scripted 40mm gun AG mode)
// Put below the car classes you want to be affected
_vehicle_classes ["car class1","car class2","car class3"];

// No custom MFD 
_background_mfd = [];

// Script with gun parameters
_mcc_tv_script = mando_missile_path+"tv\tv_type\mando_tv_40mm.sqs";

// Gun camera user position: 0 -> driver, 1 -> gunner
_user_pos = 0;

[_vehicle_classes, 40, 40, ["Vehicles"], "40mm Gun Cam Ground mode", _mcc_tv_script, [0,0,2], [0,0,2,0,181], _user_pos , -1, 1, _background_mfd, 1, 0]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

Salah ad Din;1493924']Hm' date=' will this be fixed in this weekend's beta?

And weird, even if the bombs don't hit, there should be explosions? If you release the bombs with the firing button, they release correctly (as seen in 3rd person) and hit the ground and explode, when using the cam nothing happens...[/quote']

You need the GLT Missilebox addon (for now), comes with the F16.

Corret, this is fixed now as many other minor issues. Later today or tomorrow there will be a new beta including these fixes and an interesting surprise ;)

I was fckin around with the B52 and the Mando missles, LOL you should see the lightshow when they all drop at once

Hello Mandoble, I mean how to set an empty civilian car that can auto shooting east side? no driver in it and not tv type

mando_gun_lite is there mainly for TV systems, mando gun (no lite) is the one you are looking for. You will find mando gun integrated withing mando missiles in next beta (today or tomorrow).

Ive found a bug.

Get into a Ah1-z with pilot and gunner, get the gunner to fire off all hellfire and sidewinders

Go to the rearm truck and when you rearm it rearms the sidewinders first on the hellfire rails, stopping the hellfire's from rearming.

MattXR, rearming BIS ammo is a matter of ArmA2. Mando Missile doesnt rearm BIS ammo, only virtual ammo (in case you have a vehicle with virtual missiles). So probably this is just an A2 bug.

hmm but it works normal without actually have mando missile logics running. will check more into this.

New 2.4b2 beta available, check first post of this thread.

Changes in v2.4b2:

• In MP games, pilot might have control of some TV systems only if gunner is not human.
  • If a BIS weapon is assigned to a HUD mode, this BIS weapon cannot be selected pressing "F" key.
  • TV laser bomb models fixed, so they will not require anymore Mike's F16 ammo box (except for F16 systems).
  • Most warheads of fired BIS missiles replaced by mando ones will keep its default power.
  • Missile replacement now includes Gnat's submarines missiles and they fly with the correct flight profile.
  • A10 has an extra TV system for the AGM65.
  • PMC AH64 Apache setup added.
  • Gnat's Kuznetsov carrier full setup with mando missiles and mando guns included (as easy as adding a new gamelogic near the carrier). Read mma_readmefirst.pdf for more info about usage of this new gamelogic.
  • Mando Gun ArmA for ArmA2 integrated within Mando Missile, a turret object made by Deanosbeano included as example of mando gun usage. Read Mando Gun section in mma_readmefirst.pdf to get more info about usage and examples.
  • MCC TV systems now have three different looks (old grayscale, not so old and no so grayscale and full color), the MCC TV MDF image has been modified to add NTSC effect (thanks to Defunkt).
  • New mando_gun_arma.utes and mma_test_kuz.utes missions added.
  • Ka52 gunners now has a helmet mounted display.

Dont forget to read online read me first or the one included in the pack.