Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Objects targetted with freefall bombs? :butbut: do you mean using BIS mechanism and not MMA HUD ones, right? Might be the bombs are "recognized" as fired BIS missiles and replaced by a generic mando one, will have a look at these rocket propelled bombs ;) If now freefall bombs trigger "IncomingMissile" Event Handler, then that might happen.

Anyway note that with MMA HUD bombs are fired like missiles, with MMA fire key (default is L.Windows). Sadly ATM ArmA doesnt allow me to intercept and fully override BIS fire button (LMB by default).

It is really a great addon , a must !

But i'm haveing lot of trouble with using it in moving vehicles , my cam is lagging behind my airplanes and the whole interface is laggy.Does it come from me ?

EDIT: I found out : YOU MUST NOT LAUNCH MMA WITH CBA , it make every thing laggy

EDIT2: It would be awesome if you could delete or at least hide the stupid BIS radar because your addon are self sufficient and IMO closer to wich information a real pilot has !!

Also I find sad that a simple solider with a strela start the RWR , the advantage of manpads like Strela or stinger , is that there is no way the pilot can be informed of launch (except for some airplanes equiped with special launch detect system like the F35) thus the pilots have to pop flare whenever they enter in a dangerous area.

thx again Mando !

Edited by luckyhendrix

Mando, I was using right-mouse to manually identify and 'target' the object (Default BIS square 'target' indicator), just to see what would happen when I pickled the bombs :) [Edit: Forgot to add, it was a LMB trigger pull. CCIP was working fine with LMB and no BIS-lockon. Just tested L.Windows w/ BIS-lockon, no SCRAMDAMs were observed, so it's definately something to do with LMB+BIS Lockon.]. Will attempt to get video or screenshots of it in action for you in the next couple of evenings if you can't figure out what I've done (I feel its a little vague, but I hope you get the gist of what I mean :D).

On a pair of different topics, do you plan on adding Mando Laser to the UH-1Y Observer position or to add ground radar target indicators to CCIP?

Edited by Kynetic

Kynetic, good finding, I recreated that and fixed it. So you will not have any more rocketed power bombs in next beta release ;)

I do not plan to add Mando Laser to UH1Y, but mission editors can add there whatever they want.

Anyway, mando lasers generate remote targets, and remote targets are displayed mainly in planes/choppers having laser guided weapons (HUDs or TV systems), not just free fall bombs ones. I might consider an option to mix CCIP/Remote instead of typical CCIP/Nav.

luckyhendrix, your are technically quite right about Strellas and Stingers, actually they trigger RWR just for gameplay, but remember, if you fire it close to the enemy, it will no matter having RWR displayed, he simply will have no reaction time ;)

Edited by Mandoble

I can confirm that the pilots of both the Hind and the Cobra can use the Missile Camera System, I'm not sure about the KA52 but I imagine it may be the same. I guess this is a bug? Otherwise there is no need for a Gunner anymore. :p

Also, only the pilot of the C130 can use the weaponry, which means he can no longer fly. I suggest making a copy of the C130 with displayName AC130, and changing 1 cargo seat to a gunner's seat, who can use the systems. This way, we don't get every C130 armed with guns, which is quite odd if they are just transport aircraft. :p

Very nice so far, works really well.

You can allow pilot OR gunner to use the cameras. It's THAT flexible.

Kremator

PS Absolutely loving this mandoble. It does mean that I have to pratice to be a SUPERB pilot now!

Simon C, for playability reasons and during the beta, both, pilot and gunner are sharing these systems. And you are right, an option is to create a full new set of planes and choppers (including C130) just with different classnames than the original bis ones to be able to provide different systems setups, but I'll leave this to the addon makers.

Awesome!

But im having some trouble with the LGB camera on A10/AV8b, etc... am i supposed to be able to designate LGB targets myself from the camera? I get a lock, for example, on a t72, circle and square etc, both arrows pointing inwards towards the target, and im flying on a relatively flat path directly over the target, around 1200m, and no matter what happens i just cannot get the bombs to hit the target... i dont even see an explosion anywhere near the target area...

Hi TimRiceSE, LGBs are a bit tricky as they dont have any engine its range depends a lot on your altitude and speed. As a general rule, it is safe to drop them if you are more or less aligned with the target and closer than 1Km.

Is it possible to have a symbol appear in the corner of the MFD when the bomb has a proper aiming solution? So you know that it can actually hit if you drop it. :)

Thanks again for the wonderful addon, I hope to see it grow. :D

Hi,

I just want to chime in and congratulate you Mandoble (and all other ppl involved) for this awesome mod!

Other than a few small bugs (listed in the following), a fantastic piece of work!

Bugs I found:

Having the same problem as TimeRiceSE, even after multiple tries with different heights and angles of attack, I did not manage to hit the target using LGB Cam.

Another thing I noticed is that, when I activate the LGB and/or Hellfire Cam, the black border (which usually hides the FOV outside the MFD) is incomplete around the upper and lower ends of the screen (both in 16:10 and 4:3 modes. Playing @ 1900x1200 rez.).

Suggestion:

I noticed that using the A10, AGM's are targeted using the HUD. From my limited experience playing LOMAC, while this is possible, an option targeting them using a cam similar to hellfire would be good, as this is more often used due to the ability to zoom in.

Cheers,

Crusader

You actually has it Simon_C, not as a mark, but as a GREEN text for the range to target. Now this "time to target" in the camera is wrongly calculated for bombs (it is calculated for missiles). I will include a correct TTI calculation for bombs and the TV in next betas.

TheCrusader, are you using normal interface size? If not, check the red note here ;) And yes, a camera can be added also for A10 Mavericks.

Edited by Mandoble

First of all I want to say that this is looking great.

So far I tried only the AH-1Z with Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2 and I found a couple of things to IMO should be improved, so here's my feedback:

1- I noticed that the Igla MANPADS SAM (Russian Portable anti-air missile) is too powerfull. I noticed that a single hit from those missiles (against my AH-1Z) resulted more than 90% of the times in my AH-1Z simply blowing up (instant death!). A thing that doesn't happen when not using Mando Missiles (stock BIS missiles) or that doesn't happen if the missile is a Strela Portable anti-air missile instead (even when using Mando Missiles).

Anyway, I think that the Igla missile destructive power should definitly be reduced in Mando Missiles, afterall the warhead of those kind of missiles isn't that powerfull.

2- I also noticed that when I release Flares there's some sort of a delay time until I can release an another set of Flares. For realism sake this shouldn't happen - Players should be able to release Flares everytime they press the Flare button - If the player wants to release all of his flares in the shortest amount of time, this should be possible.

3- This is a question: Is it possible to reload Flares during a mission? I noticed that the Ammo truck doesn't do this. Is there an another way?

Hi Ricnunes,

1 - you are right, it will have BIS default lethality values in net beta.

2 - This delay is there for gameplay purposes and to force the player to learn when to drop flares, in fact, if wrongly dropped, 1 flare has the same effect as 1000, and if correctly dropper, a single flare will work.

3 - Yes, this is something that I will include in default setup with the new gamelogic, meanwhile you can add the following to your init.sqf

[["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"], 12]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missilereloadallow.sqf";

Change there the array of classes by the object classes you want to use. 12 is the distance in meters between plane and object of that class to allow flares reloading.

Hmm.. i think something might actually be wrong with the LGB camera... if i have the F35 in VTOL mode and just hover 50m above ground, and target the ground directly below me, release the bomb, nothing explodes below me... Same happens if im actually on the ground. Is there some kind of safety that makes this not work and thus is a useless test? :O

Edit:

and after releasing a bomb through the LGB camera, if i instantly switch to external view there is no sign of a bomb dropping from the plane... whereas i can manually release a LGB through the standard BIS fire control, and watch it drop almost all the way to the ground..

Edited by TimRiceSE

TimRiceSE, it work fine for me. F35B parked, camera locked on ground below me, bomb dropped and everything blew away. I did try also with autohover at 50m, I saw clearly the bombs going down to the target and exploding.

It might happen that you have some addon or mod intefering with this? Try to create the @mma folder as explained in the mma_readmefirst.pdf and try again.

from the arma2 RPT:

Cannot create non-ai vehicle GLT_GBU12_LGB,

Im guessing I need teh GLT bomb pack thing that the F16 comes with. Will give that a go.

And yes im running everything from mod folders, tested with and without beta patch, with other mods, and with just @mma loaded.

Edit: works perfectly now that i have the glt_missilebox addon loaded too :) Am i a moron and failed to read some required addons section somewhere?

Edited by TimRiceSE

The F35B doesnt use any GLT bomb, so it should work without the GLT bomb pack of the F16. The mistake is mine, as I used just that bomb class for the F35, it will be fixed for next beta release and good finding.

Edit: same problem for A10 and AV8B. So, yes, while it get fixed, you will need the GLT ammo box addon.

Edited by Mandoble

Hi Mandoble,

thx for the quick answer! Interface size normal, works like a charm.

Memo to myself: start reading docs from the beginning ;)

:partytime:

Awesome work as always, a very sincere thank you for everyones investment in this project, especially Mandoble! Nothing better than early presents :D

This is a fantastic addon. I've been playing all day and am really hooked. I find the targetting of air to ground in the Ka-50 difficult but I'm putting in lots of pratice :)

The only thing (possible bug) I've found is when I play as a ground unit and use the laser designator to paint targets for the Harrier (LGB). I was experimenting using the A-10 and everything was fine, but then I tried the Harrier and every time I marked a target (in this case a T-72), the Harrier lined up an approach run and then exploded! I think that the bombs were dropped but somehow trigger immediately. I've tried it a few times and still get the same result. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or a bug, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

Diddo on the kudos.

Possible issue (pardon, at work, so I can't recall the specific test mission names):

A)In editor test mission player v. SU34s (dogfighting test), the lag I experienced was crippling. I'm not sure why, but the OC'd E8400 @3.6 had a ton of trouble with this test mission. Others seemed fine.

B)In test mission for Javelin, TOW, and Spotter laser, the spotter appears to communicate with the sea launcher erratically. Please tell me if the following brief sequence is how you intended:

-Place blufor spotter on map, set as player.

-Preview mission.

-Bring up laser designator

-Activate laser on target (One of three T72s, in this case)

-Select the send laser info from scroll menu.

At this point, I repeatedly received the 'no target info' white message. Spamclicking did the trick every so often - it would work and begin firing on the laser at a set interval until I deactivated the laser mark.

Is it a bug or am I missing a step?

C) When using the TOW hummer and in the stealth mission, my L-Win key provided a very, very loud beep/alarm. It did not make the noise in the scud test mission. Is this a bug, an intended noise, or something unrelated to your addon? If it is an intended 'fire' alarm, can you modify the volume and bring it down a bit? I had a spook when I first heard it, reminiscent of the 1990s dying-Macintosh beep, thought I broke something.