Sign in to follow this  

Along with OAC core you can play basically any OFP mission.

WOW!

This is, what an OFP island must look & feel in ArmA2!

Amazing job done.

MfG Lee :)

Edit: We need CTI on Everon NOW! :eek:

Edited by Lee_H._Oswald

We need CTI on Everon NOW! :eek:

Amen to that. I'm personally trying to work on an invasion type campaign (Multiple single player missions so probably more like a mission pack.) Using Everon and Vilas Project '85. I've done several proof of concept trials using a couple villages but I can't seem to nail down the storyline. I want to have the american forces get overrun and have to retreat to one of the smaller islands to prepare for a counter-offensive.

Anybody got any ideas? Would P85 and an editor update be too much to download for some missions?

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
Fixed [/b] error

Isn't this the "as yet unreleased" Everon that Xeno has included versions of Domination for in his recent releases?

It seems to run fine for me so far..... ;)

(SAP Everon Beta 2.9 + Domination Pack 116T/117T)

It's a superbly well done island - Everon right down to the roadsigns, but Everon Plus... a quality, quality piece of work!!!

(I've had it in bits all over my desktop for the past week looking at precisely how that balanced and believable - yet NOT annoyingly intrusive or overdone clutter was done... it's been a learning experience for me all round!)

Thanks Sgt Ace!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Isn't this the "as yet unreleased" Everon that Xeno has included versions of Domination for in his recent releases?

It seems to run fine for me so far..... ;)

I have no idea what you are talking about ;)

Xeno

So yes...

SAP Everon is an absolutely stunning island with a really great performance.

I hope that Sgt.Ace will finalize it soon and release it officially.

Xeno

This has been out a while. Whats new? I mean why is it posted here now?

And yeah its great. Superb performance on it as well. :)

This has been out a while. Whats new? I mean why is it posted here now?

And yeah its great. Superb performance on it as well. :)

I stumbled on it while looking through armaholic for mods & after doing a search on here it appeared not to have been posted so its just a heads up :)

It's still a beta, so I don't think it's been formally announced here by Sgt. Ace yet... but the beta HAS been around for a while... like I said before - the last two releases of Xeno's Domination pack included a version of Domination for this island - dunno about any other missions yet tho.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

It's still a beta, so I don't think it's been formally announced here by Sgt. Ace yet... but the beta HAS been around for a while... like I said before - the last two releases of Xeno's Domination pack included a version of Domination for this island - dunno about any other missions yet tho.....

B

but this is a new beta from just week or 2 ago. Looks fanstasic the island

There is a mission released which is basically a clone of the 1st OFP mission, it was front page armaholic a few days ago.

There is a mission released which is basically a clone of the 1st OFP mission, it was front page armaholic a few days ago.

Is that this one? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8200

I havent got round to installing vilas project '85 mods to run that mission yet, im a bit dubious as it says they are unfinished & wont be done anytime soon, do they work well as they are?

Yeah thats the one. It seemed to run perfectly fine for me, was a nice blast from the past :) I dont recall any errors, certainly there was nothing game breaking.

Only problem i had was something wtih SLX causing AI to be unresponsive, it was the SLX_AiSkill.pbo that was causing it.

I "fixed" the config for Everon, if anyone is interested. Just changes the island display name from "EVERON" to "Everon" so it fits in better with the BIS islands ;)

Before:

n7lLr.jpg

After:

3CLJ.jpg

Yes, I know it's a tiny thing, but it bothered me :o

Just download sap_everon_config.pbo and replace the old one.*

Love this island, hope it gets some further development!

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9803#note-1

*remember this isn't official or signed, I've just changed one little line in the hex editor and packed it back up.

Hi

I have been trying to get SAP Everon to load into standalone A2 v1.07. I invariably get the error:

" Addon 'sap_everon' requires addon 'CAPlants' ".

The only relevant reference I can find currently to CAPlants re islands is in this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/archive/index.php/t-84782-p-4.html

- see the post by Wiggum et. seq. on 02-14-2010, 02:08 PM.

I tried adding in the current oac core & the classic plants pbo for good measure but still get the same error.

I did find another post [somewhere] about a problem with Everon some time ago just before my flight to SEA was called but omitted to book mark it before shutting down my netbook. Haven't been able to locate it again; however one contributor to that short thread said the file was from OFP.

Would anyone have any idea what exactly is missing & how to find it?

TIA

Carl

Hi Carl....

Theres several versions of Everon around - for OFP, Arma 1, included in OFPIP (oac)... this one however, should be 100% Arma 2 - a textbook example of A2 island making from the guy who... well... wrote the textbook on Arma 2 islandmaking actually ;)

There shouldn't be any A1/CAA1/OAC dependencies at all... are you absolutely sure you have the right version??

While I'm here I'll just mention VanhA's Everon Coop mission pack - Classic OFP-style small-scale coops for this classic island from one of my all-time favourite mission designers!

B

Hi Bushlurker

Thank you! I checked the version: I had 2.0 (which is for ARMA, not ARMA2) while Armaholic has 2.9 for ARMA2 - now so do I.

Weird, because I am pretty sure I downloaded from there back in March after finding some interesting-looking missions requiring Everon in the ARMA II files section. IIRC there were some server problems at the time - I think I even posted there about it - so maybe I got the wrong file because of a glitch or looked elsewhere & didn't notice the version number.

Pity I didn't know this before I downloaded CAA1 at GBP5 per GB! Oh well, I'm sure it will be useful anyway but I was intending to wait till I had access to a landline (only have mobile BB currently).

Thanks for the pointer to the co-op missions. Unfortunately my 3 mobile connection is so dire (less than V90 speeds!) between about 9 am & midnight - especially after schools come out around 4 pm UK time - that online play is not an option. Anyway at present I would not only very quickly get myself killed but quite likely team-mates as well 8-O

Hmm - from other posts I'm not the only one to have had this problem. I'll suggest to Armaholic that they add a small note to the v2.0 page stating this will not work with A2 or (presumably) OA.

Cheers

Carl