Sign in to follow this  
Hammer_757

Move command failures

I cannot get some of the move commands, Advance, Flank Left, Flank Right. to work. It seems like I had used them before but now since Ive pick the game back up, nothing. I created a test scenario with a few low skilled enemy and some units to move around. I created a three man team and tried to get them to advance in a direction and flank a spot and those did not work. Then I tried issuing the same commands with the cursor over a target an still nothing.

now this is really funny, next I selected 2 (F2) and issued the flank right command to him individually. F2 did not move but 3 and 4 moved away from 2. then I gave 3 the command and 4 moved away from 4. its like its the disease command lol.

I tried these command in the command view and the normal view.

someone please tell me how to employ these commands.

Thanks

unless im mistaken these commands arent supposed to be relative to any kind of target, but just to make the squad/member go further ahead/left/right/etc, relative to you and hold that distance until you give them an order that overwrites this

Hi all

The move commands work in ~50m increments moving the central locus of the unit or group of units. Each of the commands is relative to you the group leader. Multiple issuing of the commands multiplies their effect. Eg advance default [unit ID number eg F1], [1], [2] will cause the unit(s) central locus to advance 50m, issuing the order twice makes them move 100m in front, 3 time = 150m etc.

Other commands such as formation and combat status modifiers also have an effect.

Using the move comands to perform a right flanking maneuver on an enemy 500m to your front

In order to make a team say all the even numbers (all those on your right flank) perform a right flanking maneuver on an enemy 500m to your front do the following

Create a colour team eg team red by selecting all the even number troops in your squad and assigning them the Red team [9],[1]

Now select that team and issue the right flank order say 6 times this pushes them out 300m right

Now issue the advance order to that group say ~9 to 10 times.

The unit will now skirt to the right and attack the enemy force from the right.

Please note the advance order with cause them to resume their line position 500m in front of you ie no longer 300m to your right. Unfortunately the positions are only additive and cumulative in the last direction the order is issued in. :(

Of course clicking on the map can achieve the order with far more finesse.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

now this is really funny, next I selected 2 (F2) and issued the flank right command to him individually. F2 did not move but 3 and 4 moved away from 2. then I gave 3 the command and 4 moved away from 4. its like its the disease command lol.

Seems like you had 2-3-4 selected before you pressed F2, so basically you deselected 2 and kept 3 and 4. :rolleyes:

that's possible, Ill check it out.

Seems like you had 2-3-4 selected before you pressed F2, so basically you deselected 2 and kept 3 and 4. :rolleyes: