Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

Ok, without appointing blame here I have a question.

What do you think may be the outcome of the current situation in Israel / Palestine?

I mean, it has all escalated to the extremes. Even the Vatican has woken from a slumber and made statements. The Christian Church of Nativity (sp) is under siege. International protesters have been fired on. Journalists are being thrown out of the area. Egypt has cut diplomatic ties with Israel.

What can this lead to? Speculate.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ April 04 2002,07:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What can this lead to? Speculate.<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing we haven't already seen. More suicide bombings, more Israeli raids and assasinations, more gunmen....in short, the same shit that has been going on for ever now.

Could there be another war where the Israelis kick all the arab states again? Hard to say. But Bush can definitely kiss his little war on terror in Iraq goodbye, if the surrounding arab states get still more pissed off as it is. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ April 04 2002,08:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What can this lead to? Speculate.<span id='postcolor'>

The demise of Arafat and his henchmen and the destruction of the world's biggest terrorist entity.

Avon, do you consider every Palestinian to be a terrorist or potential terrorist?

But Bush can definitely kiss his little war on terror in Iraq goodbye, if the surrounding arab states get still more pissed off as it is

why? the US is more than capable of taking on Saddam without any help from the neighbors.. just park a few supercarriers in the ole persian gulf and have a grand ole time.. planes can fly into iraq from the gulf without passing over any other country so airspace would be a non-issue..

the US may enjoy support from some arab nations in its attack on Saddam.. but by no means is their cooperation going to make or break anything...

most any thread with which the US or isreal has even a vague refrence in always ends in a flame war..

folks are lucky im not a mod, these threads wouldent last long.

anywho, to address the actual fucking topic.. what will happen?

well.. I see the suicide bombing continueing to escalate untill Isreal gets REALLY REALLY pissed and more or less taks everything over.. from there on.. who knows..

I am more surprised on the American position in this conflict... or better to say the lack thereof. Bush has been giving totally contradictory signals.. one day he says that the attack on Arafat is ok, since Israel has the right to defend himself. Next day the initiates and signs a UN resolution for forcing Israel to stop the current attacks... the day after that he says again that the Israeli actions are legitimate because it's self defense.

Confusing to say at least. Totally inconsistent. I really hope it's not because they are letting George Jr. decide policy and he keeps confusing Arafat and Sharon and decides to support Sharafat...

Btw, Wobble - you're from Texas, right? Are you somehow related to W. ? You seem to have the same quality of logic backed by an impeccable foundation of knowledge.

well FYI today the US broke off all non-peace related ties with isreal.. the US no longer backs isreal for ANYTHING and will not do anything with it or for it unless its is meet to discuss a treaty or something..

and why does the US keep changing its stance? well because:

Day1: palestinian bomber kills 5 people..

Day2: isreal retailites and goes a bit too far

Day3: palestinian bombers do it again

Day4: isreal does it again..

see? because the extent of attack changes everyday.. literally.. its a cause/effect over and over.. endless loop

so literally one side might have the moral (more or less) upper hand and then do something to lose it.. then the other side does the same thing.

BTW dont try to shithammer the US and blame it for this fucked up shit over there, last I checked the US hasnt suicide bombed anyone any isrealies or attacked any palestinians with tanks, so lets just try and stick to the fucking topic...

Btw, Wobble - you're from Texas, right? Are you somehow related to W. ? You seem to have the same quality of logic backed by an impeccable foundation of knowledge.

I dunno, are you related to a lower intestine? You seem to have the same quality of content.

"BTW dont try to shithammer the US and blame it for this fucked up shit over there, last I checked the US hasnt suicide bombed anyone any isrealies or attacked any palestinians with tanks, so lets just try and stick to the fucking topic..."

No, the US are not to blame. But they are a part of the problem, just like the UN. They should have attempted to put an end to this long ago. They are letting the conflict continue when they have the power to stop it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 04 2002,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW dont try to shithammer the US and blame it for this fucked up shit over there, last I checked the US hasnt suicide bombed anyone any isrealies or attacked any palestinians with tanks, so lets just try and stick to the fucking topic...<span id='postcolor'>

No, no, that's not my point at all. The US is not to blame. I think however that US is the only one powerful enough to come with a solution that both parties will have to accept. That's why I am surprised at the contradictory nature of the US response.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I dunno, are you related to a lower intestine? You seem to have the same quality of content.

<span id='postcolor'>

Lighten up mate, it was a joke smile.gif

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 04 2002,09wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why? the US is more than capable of taking on Saddam without any help from the neighbors..  just park a few supercarriers in the ole persian gulf and have a grand ole time.. planes can fly into iraq from the gulf without passing over any other country so airspace would be a non-issue..<span id='postcolor'>

Let's hope it comes to that, since seeing this kind of operation taking place would be very interesting. The logistical side of this op would be a nightmare, but I'm sure old U.S. of A will have no problem tackling it.

It's just that in the last Gulf War the logistical machine of Allied forces was stretched very close to the breaking point. And they had a whole country next door with proper harbors to set up their stuff in.

We shall see.

'Good generals discuss tactics, elite generals discuss logistics.' Or something...

imo they will come to an agreement soon probably just on the brink of war, then things will settle for a week or two then it will start again with another couple of suicide bombings. and we will be back to square 1

i want to know how many palistines live in west bank and the other part (gaza strip) cause if there all suicide bombing surely the population must be in be getting lower, maybe eventually they will suicide bomb themselves out of existance

"i want to know how many palistines live in west bank and the other part (gaza strip) cause if there all suicide bombing surely the population must be in be getting lower, maybe eventually they will suicide bomb themselves out of existance"

This alone should make people understand that this isn't some kind of terrorist orgainsation. We are talking about an opressed people using all means to strike back. Bombing civilians is extremely stupid because it does not really achieve much. But neither does attacking settlements with tanks and shooting at peaceful demonstraters and journalists.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 04 2002,08:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The demise of Arafat and his henchmen and the destruction of the world's biggest terrorist entity.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

lol "Sharafat" that one made me laugh biggrin.gif

I think the US will always support israel, but will always say things like "we dont condone these actiosn blah blah" Because they have to at elast try and make an effort to make it look like they are angry. Maybe they genuinely are? I dont know im just speculating.

But when you are dishing out $2 billion US dollars to Israel that is to be spent solely on weapons and then another $700 million for economic aid, well it kinds of makes ya believe that the US is leaning EVER so slightly in Israels favour tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ April 04 2002,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"i want to know how many palistines live in west bank and the other part (gaza strip) cause if there all suicide bombing surely the population must be in be getting lower, maybe eventually they will suicide bomb themselves out of existance"

<span id='postcolor'>

It can't be going down.each man has like 10 kids,but they are soo poor,and they have no farm land.My point is why do they have soo many kids if their poor ?

What is israel thinking though ? You killed someone family,it might be an accident if you do,but if your poor and have no family,What's next ?

But suicide is the easy way out,If i was one of those fools i would be going down in a shoot-out,not a pussy way.

"It can't be going down.each man has like 10 kids,but they are soo poor,and they have no farm land.My point is why do they have soo many kids if their poor ?"

High child mortality aswell as securing your own future. If you have many kids they will be able to support you once you get old. Its a way of survival. They dont have retirement homes you know.

AFAI see, this is war...they just don't want to say it. 100 tanks moving back and forth is quite big.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ April 04 2002,11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"It can't be going down.each man has like 10 kids,but they are soo poor,and they have no farm land.My point is why do they have soo many kids if their poor ?"

High child mortality aswell as securing your own future. If you have many kids they will be able to support you once you get old. Its a way of survival. They dont have retirement homes you know.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not saying don't have kids,I'm saying have 2 or 3 ,heck maybe 4.Don't go around banging every chick without an condom.

"I'm not saying don't have kids,I'm saying have 2 or 3 ,heck maybe 4.Don't go around banging every chick without an condom. "

They usually don't. They have several kids with one wife. Its not 10 kids with 10 different women. What good will 3 kids do you if two die from child mortality and the third gets killed on the street?