Sign in to follow this  
tcp

TCP Laser Rangefinder v04

I think that's designed behavior.

I can't do anything about default behavior until you turn on the display, nor can I do anything if you have extra batteries. So you can turn on the laser whenever you want, really. I wish the fired eventhandler worked with laser so I could prevent that.

Hey,

I don't know tbh.

Today I have borrowed A1 from my friend and made this vid with NWD's Rangefinder.

v06 Changelog

- Cycle between Mil measurements

- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R forces battery changes, optionally w/o designator active

- More responsive, code rewritten

- State changes fixed, shuts off when in third person, or moving

- Display turns on with laser, and Laser turns off with display (enforces battery and overheat conditions)

I am not sure I understand what you want ffs. Do you want it to work in third person? I disabled that intentionally.

Also, could a mod change the thread title to simply "TCP Laser Rangefinder" since I can't change it?

Edited by tcp

Can you add FLIR?

and make it so you can turn it on and off by editing the user config.

True or False ?

With say... Alt + H to turn it on, or make it appear in the action menu when the LD is in use?

:yay:

Just an optional idea?

hehe

Yes, ghost, i'll work on that soon.

There is a small glitch with the 'artillery module', they seem to be incompatible. The first started cancels the second, at least in the mission editor.

Otherwise, great release, thanks.

are you using the newer version or the one launched from the action menu?

I've learned that the old way of adding UserActions was not a good way to do it. In either case, I'll look into it.

Thanks for the update tcp!

Can you add FLIR?

Nice idea, and optional FLIR mode would be a great addition.

/KC

Bloody nice work there tcp !!

Good job on your latest release mate, everything seems to be working very nicely.

:yay:

Agreed, FLIR (although most probably being an unrealistic addition to the game) would be awesome.

Actually, I'd be willing kiss anyone that would make a FLIR for sniper scopes mod.

How FLIR devices look

FLIR binocular - Recon III ObserverIR

FLIR weapon sight - TWS2000

Still FLIR weapon sights are a bit bulky and not fielded as usual equipment for every soldier. Guess if you make the current ingame sniper scopes = FLIR scopes lot of people will just grab it and run-and-gun. Without plausible handicaps and limitations such features will be used more as cheats.

Guess if you make the current ingame sniper scopes = FLIR scopes lot of people will just grab it and run-and-gun. Without plausible handicaps and limitations such features will be used more as cheats.

oops, didn't think of that. Well maybe it could have implemented similiar limits as the rangefinder does (need batteries etc). But then again, maybe ACE will bring us a sweet surprise?

are you using the newer version or the one launched from the action menu?

I've learned that the old way of adding UserActions was not a good way to do it. In either case, I'll look into it.

I am using the latest version of your mod v06 (along with the latest beta for arma 2).

I have a small training mission where a FAC operator designates enemy targets for laser guided HE shells fired by a M119 (playable and synchronized with artillery module). I have noticed that if the artillery module is activated first, then the display for the laser won't work. If the laser display is activated first, then the artillery module will disappear. It's a small glitche otherwise I really appreciate your mod.:D

Another bug,

Sometimes when using the laser des, it works and then it wont work, kind of strange really...

Another thing is... the red dot when laser is active, is FRIKKEN HUGE LOLOL......

Like.... the size of a Tank, which is really random.... and other people see the massive red dot as well?

In version .5 it was small again I believe?

Very strange. I don't know where these bugs could be coming from.

*UPDATED*

v07 Changelog

- Fixed incompatibility due to set instead of add display event handler

Great addon. 2 NooB questions ..

1) How do you din direction? Latest version I can not find direction readings?

2) What is the name of the LD so I can add to other units as it is not the default?

Thanks for great addon.

How FLIR devices look

FLIR binocular - Recon III ObserverIR

FLIR weapon sight - TWS2000

Still FLIR weapon sights are a bit bulky and not fielded as usual equipment for every soldier. Guess if you make the current ingame sniper scopes = FLIR scopes lot of people will just grab it and run-and-gun. Without plausible handicaps and limitations such features will be used more as cheats.

Hm, can i ask on what you have based your info?

Afaik, they use the MK VII E (Northrop Grumman) as thermal bino and there is the BAE counterpart witch also received a big order.

As for the thermal weapon sights, there are also two mayor contractors, BAE and DRS Technologies.

TWS II AN/PAS-13C and TWS II AN/PAS-13D.

There are offcourse several other suppliers like Insight and Knight's Armament Co, but all of them are clip-on sights and not even sure if those are issued items or at least in small numbers.

I'm not saying this is a fact, but i did do some research on that part. Good info and material are a bit hard to find on them anyway due to OPSEC.

OFFTOPIC: There is a 3th generation NV/thermal goggle in the making, but that is still very big and expensive. Next generation should be smaller and lighter.

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ss10/huge/P1030106.jpg

Anyway, please share how you come to your conclusion of sights/binos. Again, don't want to sounds like an armchair general.

Cheers.

Only to show "How FLIR devices look" - not advertising or even forcing tcp to make an specific model of his Arma2 Laser Rangefinder. ;)

Think in games it doesnt matter that much from which company Laser Rangefinder/thermal sights are - as long the pro's and con's are implemented and working. Sorry if there was an misunderstanding on my side.

Cheers.

Ah rgr. Again didn't want to sound like an a$$ :) .

Well for some it might not make much difference, some might even find a card-box good enough as model. Same like up-to-date and realistic.

Thanks for explaining.

-> Back on topic.