Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

CO20 Op. Golden Retriever v1.0a

Download:

http://creobellum.org/node/55

Description:

A UN sponsored AH-6X (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) deployed to track troop movements, has crashed in the northern deserts of Takistan. A reconnaissance unit has been deployed to locate the downed UAV.

You will infiltrate using civilian vehicles and ensure our local contact and civilians in the region come to no harm.

This mission is completely randomised - objective locations and defenses, squads sizes, motor patrols and weather will always vary. The mission should play out differently everytime. Enjoy!

Mission concept by Delta 51

Mission design by Wolffy.au

Addons:

Operation Arrowhead - None

Thanks to:

Briefing text by Abize/Kebab_the_Lamb

Patient mission testers from cB and AEF

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

Team Status Dialog by Dr Eyeball

CEP Unit Caching by Myke

CreateComposition by ArmaTec

Weapons on Respawn/Splash Screen by Xeno

Improved AI Driving by Sakura Chan

Improved taskDefend and taskPatrol by Binesi

On-the-fly GFX Changer by Deadfast

Missions Conditions Selector - F2 MP Framework

Simple Vehicle Respawn Script by Tophe of Östgöta Ops

Random Group Generation, JIP Briefing, Player weapon loadout and Hide Bodies found at http://creoBellum.org

Visit Combat Team Bravo at http://www.aef-hq.com.au

Change Log:

Version 1.6

- Added Call Support Medic

- Added Call Support Vehicle Repair

- Added BIS First Aid Fix

- Added Saku AI Driver Improvement

- Added custom Ambient Civilians

- Added Ambient Civilian Vehicles

- Added random house positions

- Added BIS Injury System

- Changed CTB Branding

- Changed for Operation Arrowhead

- Changed default to medium grass

- Changed Waypoint patrol based on CityCenters

- Fixed JIP Time Sync issue

- Fixed CEP Caching to ignore civilians

- Removed AAW and ACE dependencies

- Removed custom loadout

Version 1.2a

- Rebranded as Combat Team Bravo

- Added AAW Units and Weapons

Version 1.0 - Initial Release

Developer notes:

Here is a list of nifty components to be found in this mission.

Random Group Spawn code by Odin

- This piece of code has turned out to be the most important piece of my future mission making. Using GameLogic objects, this code will spawn random enemy groups of Infantry, Motorised, Mechanised, Armour and Air. In conjunction with Binesi's taskDefend and taskPatrol code, randomised mission making has never been simpler.

CEP Unit Caching by Myke

- This code is originally from Myke's ARMA I Coop Essentials Pack. I have heavily modified it and it now supports vehicle units. Considering this mission spawns 250+ AI units from the start, this would not have been possible without this code.

CreateComposition/CreateCompositionLocal by ArmaTec

- If you don't know what compositions are yet, make sure you find out. I modified this code to spawn aesthetic objects locally on the client and mounted objects (MG Nests, etc) on the server so the AI can man them. It cut down the server workload by 90%. Extremely handy code if you use lots of compositions.

- If you want to create your own compositions (this mission has an RU checkpoint), CreateCompositionLocal will use custom composition code.

Weapons on Respawn by Xeno

- Another scripting legend, I've only used one of Xeno's masterpieces in this mission.

Improved taskDefend and taskPatrol by Binesi

- Binesi posted these improved BIS functions around the same time I was asking myself the same question. Placing patrols and defensive squads has never been simpler.

On-the-fly GFX Changer by Deadfast

- Simple graphical viewdistance and terrain control. Very slick interface, although I've hardcoded the terrain detail in this mission, as I didn't think it was fair on the AI.

Missions Conditions Selector - F2 MP Framework

- Another handy script, I modified it slightly for JIP client time setting, but it works a treat otherwise.

creoBellum scripts:

Here are some of my own scripts, which you are free to use with credits intact.

Aerial Patrol (AerialPatrol.sqf)

- A quick script that spawns an aerial patrol for your Area of Operation, who will happily engage if they spot you. I've had units successfully patrol for over 3 hours into a mission. A new group will respawn if you destroy the current patrol.

JIP Briefing (JIPBriefing.sqf)

- JIP Briefings are a real pain. This is my current model for consecutive objectives which is JIP compatible.

Enemy weapon reload (RUStaticRearm.sqf)

- This script will scan ammo levels across all static enemy DSHKM, AGS, D30, and MG Nests, and re-arm them to keep up the fire fight.

JIP Markers (JIPMarkers.sqf)

- If you create markers dynamically (not in the editor), you'll find that JIP clients will not get them. This is a bit of code to get around that issue.

Player Weapon Loadout (PlayerInit.sqf)

- Sets up weapon loadout based on mission selector and unit model. Works for human and AI playable units.

Hide Bodies (cB_HideCorpses.sqf)

- Inspired by Mr Murrays code, this one liner will remove dead bodies from the mission with no additional triggers or objects. Just add the script to your Init.sqf - very simple.

LocationsZone.sqf

- Identify map locations within a rectangular marker - handy for randomising enemy composition locations.

WaypointPatrol.sqf

- Uses markers to patrol vehicles randomly from one marker to another. Excellent to ensure all parts of your Area of Operation are patrolled.

Edited by Wolffy.au

WOW man great job on this mission, yo ima let you all finish, but Wolffy has the best mission here of all time, of all time!

Everything is set up as if it were real!

Love it man keep em coming

Great mission, thoroughly enjoyed testing it and glad its finished :)

Just a note for everyone else: this mission is a beast on the server usage, so keep that in mind.

Some additional info from feedback I'm getting.

Taken from http://creobellum.org/node/55#comment-1615

This mission is very (very) server intensive.

You'll notice the Mission Initialisation counter at the beginning - I suggest you always let that finish before leaving the briefing.

Regards restarts, I've found that #restart or #reassign is sometimes not good enough for the server to 'reset' itself, so I usually go back to #missions and it works fine from there.

Can you believe its been almost a year since I released the first version of this mission.

Its been completely re-written for OA/Takistan and has many, many improvements to the code. Initial testing shows its not as server CPU intensive as the first version was. Let me know any feedback.

Edited by Wolffy.au

win!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

:D

*edit*

played it,runs very smooth on my dedicated

some things i noticed:

i ran in several patrols when going for the Informant task,got intel and went heading for the crashed UAV

made several routes around the crashsite (red area) but didnt found a UAV (on Domination last time it was a red UAV,no wreck model) ... and after 1h searching i remembered i saw a wreck MH/AH6 near some tanks i shot

Turned out,it was the UAV - but that made me look pretty stupid because i could of have done that +1h earlier ... still,this is pretty annoying (imo)

Anyway,secured data - went for the massgrave,took out small resistance,send evidence - job done ... game ended

Why not let the player drive back to base then end it?

thats the only things i noticed,apart from the fact theres very few enemy in the area (maybe because i played alone) and it could def need a buff @ enemy count/patrols (imo)

Cheers,well done - enjoyed it!

Edited by TheScar
addition

Not sure if I've understood your issue. The description does say:

A UN sponsored AH-6X (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle)

As for enemy numbers, its randomised, so sometimes you get heavy resistance, other times its light. I haven't coded any minimum level of resistance in it, although as you said, it took you a few hours anyway, so with 12 to 24 players, you should knock it over in an hour easily.

Still good feedback, happy to hear more if you play it again.

well,lazy that i am i didnt read the description deeply and when im thinking of a UAV a MQ9 comes to mind :D

stupid me ...

*edit*

played it yesterday again with 3 more people and enemy presence is way to random/seldom - on both of the times i played i max. saw 2-3 armored,2 MIs,3 squads inf at all

Also,the driving part is a fun-killer if death happens more often - as example: drive in the Landrover to Informant location,driven down a dune fast and got killed by the game (all of us) ... happend twice

I know the driving is a major part of the mission but driving nearly unharmed with no contacts on the way at all,then get killed by terrain makes driving a bit boring

As we got information about the UAVlocation we noticed that we get negative points on the scoreboard from there on (same as i played it alone before,but thougt i might hit the UAV itself and therefor got a neg score) by using enemy vehicles (capped UAZs) - strange issues

*edit2*

oh yea,double deaths on scoreboard too

Edited by TheScar
addition

I'll play it tonight and see if anything broke between the last time I played it and its release.

Re negative score, I'm still trying to work that out. The only thing I can think of is the Surrender module, so when I give it a try I'll make sure the guys aren't surrendering before I kill them

Re double deaths, someone told me it the BIS medic system - can anyone confirm?

Re double deaths, someone told me it the BIS medic system - can anyone confirm?

I can confirm that wolffy had it in one of my missions aswell.

I can confirm that wolffy had it in one of my missions aswell.

Cheers Pauld

We played the mission last night and there was no negative scoring. I suggest you keep an eye on the enemy and confirm they are not surrendering.

Also, the amount of enemy was nothing spectacular but all appeared to be in all the right places.