Sign in to follow this  
RonnieJ

Force heli to land?!

Hello... on a trigger I call this

waypoint0 = bravo addwaypoint[position player, 1]; waypoint0 setwaypointtype "Load";

But the chooper just hovers above my head... ive tried to place a invisible H pad at my possition but thats the same problem... how do I get it to load the group and then continue??

to get the heli to LAND you have to put in the On Action section of the waypoint

NAMEOFHELI land "NAME OF HELIPAD"

When I make the heli drop people off I have to make the waypoint a TRANSPORT AND UNLOAD waypoint. Don't know what it is to get them to LOAD (that may be it)

Granted I'm a noob at modding and there's probably a better way to do it but that gets AI controlled helis to land

Worked but the enginge gets shut off... I want the AI to keep it running untill the group is loaded...

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Ah found it:

Force helicopter landing. Landing mode may be:

* "LAND" (complete stop)

* "GET IN" (hovering very low, for another unit to get in)

* "GET OUT" (hovering low,for another unit to get out)

* "NONE" (cancel a landing) Available since ArmA 2 57463 build.

when I have them bring us in and drop us off, I set the timers to between 10 and 20 seconds and then have them MOVE to the next waypoint so it looks like they dropped us off then dusted off. Pretty cool effect.

when I have them bring us in and drop us off, I set the timers to between 10 and 20 seconds and then have them MOVE to the next waypoint so it looks like they dropped us off then dusted off. Pretty cool effect.

Could you post a simple example mission of this?

Thanks

well you can scratch that because I just found out that UNLOAD and TRANSPORT UNLOAD does NOT work in multiplayer unless AI is enabled and the SQUAD LEADER is AI. Either of those commands will cause the helo to hover ABOVE the landing pad at an unsafe height without an AI squad leader.

What me and the guys playing my mission have been forced to do is just make a MOVE waypoint on top of the invis helo pad and in the ON ACTION box put in

"NAME OF HELO" land "NAME OF LANDING PAD"; i.e

helicopter1 land "land1";

And then as the helo gets real close to the ground we just eject and voila! Even with timers put in as SOON AS THE HELO LANDS, he's gonna riise up and take off to the next waypoint.

Anyone figured out how to make the timers matter for this in multiplayer?

Please use the FAQ. It has this answer 10 fold over.