First of all I have to mention:
1. I've read (and tried all suggestions on) all Steam FAQs, almost all troubleshooting forum threads here on BI and on Steam support forums.
2. I have up-to-date game, all attempts were made both with and without addons.
3. I have up-to-date video, system drivers, up-to-date Direct X.
4. I have tried connecting with and without router, which is correctly configured), I have tried both dedicated and in-game hosting variants.
5. Arma I run and connected perfectly on my PC.
6. I have tried game client verification via steam options, I have tried redownloading for several times (> 15 gigs of traffic).
It's been a while I've bought ArmA 2 on Steam (which, in fact, costed me ~50 USD). Everything seemed to me fine and fast at first, but since 1.03 patch something went wrong. I didn't play much in MP before 1.03 due to lack of time (work, you know...). I could not join MP games such as Warfare, Evolution, etc - my joining always got stuck at "Receving data..." message. I have joined Evolution for one three times, but I could not kill anything - my bullets hitted enemy without causing any harm.
After that I've found Arma 2 beta patches at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php - hooray, I could join beta servers sometimes. But still could not host, noone could join me.
Now it's 1.04. I still can't join MP games. I still can't have anyone joined,
The only way for someone to join me - is to start a mission with this player, what sometimes lets play for a while - later whith some chance player starts receving losing connection and finally thrown from game.
Joining stucks for me at "Receiving data..." screen in ~95% of attemts.
Other ~5% - game stucks at lobby - I can't select my slot - all slots are disabled.
Please, help me!
I'm very tired of trying to make it work...
My system specs:
Windows XP SP3 with DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Intel E4600 @ 2.4 GHz
NEC 2070vx monitor, 1600x1200 - desktop, 1280x1024 for ArmA2.
3.25 GB RAM (DDR2 400 Corsair, actually 4 - OS is only 32 bit)
XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS Alfa Dog Edition, drivers version - 191.07.
2x Samsung HD103UJ HDD drives.
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 motherboard (updated BIOS also).
10 MBIT ethernet connection.
P.S.: this is the only game I have problems with...