Sign in to follow this  
Fudgeblood

ArmA 2 50% off this weekend on Steam.

For all of those who want to buy the game but havent because of the price, Steam is having a 50 % off weekend deal.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33900/

Definitly would take advantage of this deal if I didnt have the game, its worth it.

Purchased it back in May from Germany. Going to purchase again so I don't have to run that fix all the time!

I definitly didnt see the thread otherwise I wouldnt have made my own lol

I hope alot of people buy this game now :D

Great deal! If you dont have it then please pick it up at 50% off!!! :yay:

Purchased. That makes two copies of ArmA2 that I own. Oh the joy.

Well - people should really buy it then ... ;-))

I tried to get original OFP-GOTY in ... ah .. about 2003/2004 for some friends on: amazon and on ebay. No chance below 25 Euros ...

I think BI games are the only games ever which have rising prices after being about 3 years on the market. :-)

EDIT:

I hit the link you given and ... the price is 19,99 € ... sure the pages localizes you (and change prices shown relating to where you are coming from).

Edited by Herbal Influence

Isnt'it just a pound/euro conversion thing... ?

Still a bargain. But I already have 2 copies (1 digital + 1 physical...)

Isnt'it just a pound/euro conversion thing... ?

Still a bargain. But I already have 2 copies (1 digital + 1 physical...)

Yeah, sure, it's automatic conversion.

And sure, it's still a bargain, it's an economic phenomena ...

If interested my (and others) more detailed opinions on the value here.

Is the Steam Version Fully Mod compatible ? Works it with Launchers and so on ?

Greetings

Desiderius

Is the Steam Version Fully Mod compatible ? Works it with Launchers and so on ?

Greetings

Desiderius

I was just about to ask the exact same question. I've tried a friend of mines hard copy of arma 2, should I get a store bought copy like him or is the steam one fully compatible with everything it should be?

Well - people should really buy it then ... ;-))

EDIT:

I hit the link you given and ... the price is 19,99 € ... sure the pages localizes you (and change prices shown relating to where you are coming from).

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Yeah, sure, it's automatic conversion.

Ah yes, my apologies. On my machine, it shows in Pound Sterling because that's my local currency.

It's still half price though? Even in Euro's it's still a very good offer?

edit. original post edited to add comment about local currencies.

Edited by Tankbuster

It works out around 2 gbp cheaper then the retail copy i bought.

It is a good deal for a new title, but shows that sales were not that good to start with, otherwise why have crazy price drops so soon after release?

It can only help bring new players in.

But i suspect most of the steam users will have tried the steam demo when it was released, i have just checked a few steam weekend deal type threads and it seams a lot of them tried the demo but were put off by the game running like crap.

12.00gbp is worth a punt for anybody sitting on the fence

Great news... But I feel kinda robbed. I still can't enjoy the game (fps problems on Vista) and I bought it for full price.

I so freakishly happy that my Visa card arrived yesterday, since my PayPal account is drained and I never would of had time to top it up to take advantage of this deal otherwise

This thread should be merged with this.

BI games are the only software that I ever seen does also have increasing prices years after release, so, buy it. ;-)

OFP-GOTY was in 2003/2004 more expensive than ever before.

I tried to get it through ebay/amazon below 25 Euros for friends.

No chance.

This thread should be merged with this.

Sorry Bud but its the other way around the thread you posted has 5 responses in it... and its title is non descriptive .... that thread should be merged with this more popular thread...

Well I was, and still am a OFP:CW fan, and even though I skipped ARMA, I was a bit hessitant towards ARMA II, mainly because of the feedback I read on ARMA.

Then I was on fire when CM announced their OFP title, and I had high hopes for it, well we all know at least for now how that went.

So while being dissapointed I came across the Steam-weekend deal and I am now dl ARMA II from Steam, if this is as good as OFP:CW then the price is a steal for this one.

I watched youtube videos from it yesterday and I was pleased by the gritty feeling it has, like OFP:CW. It will take a while to dl and I complete SP before any MP, which will be almost exclusively CO-OP for me.

At least BIS redeemed themselves in terms of a sale in my case on the behalf of CM, at least that is something :)

W It will take a while to dl and I complete SP before any MP, which will be almost exclusively CO-OP for me.

Thats how me and a friend play, we always finish SP COOP and then try MP... I wish you luck because the SP COOP has many bugs which spoil the fun, we gave up after finishing mission 5.

But dont let that scare you away from trying, we havent played since 1.04 patch and things could have changed, if it wasnt for the bugs I would say this is THE BEST SP COOP experience I've ever played in an FPS game... and I've played MOST of them all the way back from the original Rainbow 6 and earlier.

Yapa

Sorry Bud but its the other way around the thread you posted has 5 responses in it... and its title is non descriptive .... that thread should be merged with this more popular thread...

'Tis my fault. Although I searched before I posted my thread, this one didn't show in the results. They could be merged, they are identical.