Armed Civilians v1.02

One more update. :)

v1.02 contains the "ACE2 Edition" which adds even more people:

Civilians with G3A3 and Skorpion.

Police with G3SG/1 sniper rifle.

Pistols have been replaced with TT33.

Link is in the first post.

Thanks love nothing more than gunning down some civs from a choppers side MG

For one of my own crappy mission I need some African armed civilians on Isla Duala ... do you intend to release one set ?

Nevertheless, Armed Civilians v1.02 is also hosted on Armed Assault.info.

Thanks for the mirrors Fox and Old Bear.

African civilians I'm looking for too. :D

It would be no big deal to give the existing civilians dark skin but then they still don't really fit. So to make it proper, complete new models must be made which unfortunately exceeds my knowledge.

Maybe some kind person could make a couple of civilian models and I do the config work then ;)

@W0lle

Love it! Just one questions re the .pbo's - do we use bothe vanilla and ace/vilas, or is it only a single file to go in the mod folder?

Thanks for the mirrors Fox and Old Bear.

African civilians I'm looking for too. :D

It would be no big deal to give the existing civilians dark skin but then they still don't really fit. So to make it proper, complete new models must be made which unfortunately exceeds my knowledge.

Maybe some kind person could make a couple of civilian models and I do the config work then ;)

No need to create new models, what about the ArmA1 civilians? They look pretty african, with t-shirts and stuff.

One will need to change the paths in the model, create SUPER rvmats and redefine the rvmat paths, convert the textures, add in ArmA2 heads/hands, copy ArmA2 geo/fire/memory lod, redefine shadow lod head (some nasty glitches occur otherwise) and add a proper config...

edit:

I think it would work without redefining the paths, too. This would save alot of work.

Nothing spectacular, just boring... and I might be bored :p

Clipboard02-20.jpg

Edited by Icewindo

Good point actually. I already knocked at someones door re. civilian models but if that doesn't work we still could use the A1 models.

W0lle, given any thought to arming the priest? :)

When Liberation 1941-45 mod comes out, I'm sure I'll not be the only one wanting to use the priest as a manque for Father Mihail (re: SthrafBat TV series. If you don't wanna, it's OK, your addon :). But please think about it, willya?

I said a while back that I personally don't think it's needed. However since it's no problem to arm them in the game anyway... I can add them in another version as it's not much work at all.

And before anyone gets any ideas: Nope I still can not add armed women. :)

Well you can arm normal civilians with a script so this isn't so useful but I'll download anyway.

@Mozzak:

You are wrong. This addon is very useful. If you try to add units of different sides into groups of other sides it will cause problems, basicly because of some strange inheriting from the base classes. Furthermore it'll make things easier to place armed civilians if they've already got a pre-configurated weapon loadout. It's a pain to equip hundreds of civilians manually, you know. Besides this way the mission.sqm is a little bit smaller in file size due to the lack of extra unnecessary code. Every addon out there has its origins and there's always a reason why someone creates an addon. Think about it, W0lle did make a good job ... except for the lacking of a localization for the 360 armed civilians :p I had to do it myself *crazy*

African civilians will be added to my Duala v1.4 coming soon.