Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

P:\ tools drive not created in Vista.

Hello,

As the title of the topic states, on my system the Tools drive (P:\) is not being created. I have installed and reinstalled a lot through the days. Rebooted etc but no luck. All the tools get installed properly it seems. Even when it says it's installing the P drive, i get no errors. Yet when i look in my sytem there is no virtual P drive anywhere, even after reboots. And also Buldozer in O2 does not work and gives the error "Extrernal viewer: Unable to create viewer". Now before you moan, i did use search option on these forums and OFPEC. Found some close matches but no answer to my problem. Also looked at some install vid's on OFPEC by Gnat to make sure i did the install correctly, that didn't help either. Tried to look up the P drive from the command line, no luck. Tried to start the P drive through the mapdisk file, no luck.

For the full picture here's some additional information.

My system specs:

Windows Vista, service pack 1

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz

RAM 3 GB

32 bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS

I am running ArmA II on international version 1.04.59026

My O2 settings look as followed:

click here for picture

My ArmAWork directory looks like this:

click here for picture

My mapdisk.bat file looks like this:

subst p: "C:\Users\Warrior XT\Documents\ArmAWork\"

I tried manually starting the drive with the bat file but that did nothing.

Any help on trying to fix this so i actually get a P drive created and can finally start using O2 again is much appreciated. If you need any additional information just ask. For the note i tried the install of the tools for ArmA I as well previously and there the P drive was also not created. I deleted the tools (uninstalled etc) then installed the tools for ArmA II. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

What happens if you execute the bat?

Put the mapdisk.bat in startmenu\autostart.

What happens if you execute the bat?

Put the mapdisk.bat in startmenu\autostart.

As stated in my first post:

My mapdisk.bat file looks like this:

subst p: "C:\Users\Warrior XT\Documents\ArmAWork\"

I tried manually starting the drive with the bat file but that did nothing.

I do see for a second a black screen coming by as if the P drive is getting activated/created, but no P drive anywhere.

And i can't even find a autostart folder anywhere on my PC. Found a couple of startmenu folders, but no autostart. And i doubt that will work anyways as if the manual execution of the bat fiole does nothing then automatic execution on startup most likely will not either.

Well it is called startup. :)

Nope, it now even get's executed 2 times at start up. Saw the black execution screen twice in a row within a split second at startup when before it did it once. Still no luck ;)

Yes i did.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Ok fixed!!! :yay:

Here's the link to my OFPEC thread that gives the solution given to me by tcp in the 2nd post on page 2.

click here to go to OFPEC thread.

@Moderators

I quess you can close this thread now. Thanks to all for helping out.