Sign in to follow this  
Captain Tenneal

Can not climb ladders

Hey I have a retail copy of the game, and got the 1.04 update from filefront. The patch updated properly and my version is 1.045something or another. Anyway whenever I try to climb up a ladder it bumps me off. If I hold down W right as I select the option to climb I just stand with my hands on the ladder rungs but do not move, as soon as I let off of W I get off the ladder.

I had demoed the game in steam prior to buying it and I did not have this problem in the demo.

I did not purchase the game over steam as I didn'[t want the long download, but I was wondering if there is a fix or if this is a known issue, or a walk around I could get to fix this minor yet annoying bug.

Thanks.

ladders are pretty flaky; but I've never heard of your problem. Does it happen on all of them or just a certain one(s)?

You might try the beta out just to see

All of the ones i've run into so far, even ones I was able to climb in the steam demo.

Could you define what you mean by beta? Is there a beta patch out somewhere?

Hey I have a retail copy of the game, and got the 1.04 update from filefront. The patch updated properly and my version is 1.045something or another. Anyway whenever I try to climb up a ladder it bumps me off. If I hold down W right as I select the option to climb I just stand with my hands on the ladder rungs but do not move, as soon as I let off of W I get off the ladder.

I have the exact same problem! I've been avoiding ladders for months now. I thought maybe I'd stuffed up the key config or something but I can't find anything related to climbing. I also could climb ladders in the demo.

I have the exact same problem! I've been avoiding ladders for months now. I thought maybe I'd stuffed up the key config or something but I can't find anything related to climbing. I also could climb ladders in the demo.
wow never heard of this... not once have i not been able to get on a ladder if it is a working ladder:confused:

Some ladders (like the fortification bunker) you have to physically look at a certain part of the ladder, generally the bottom few rungs.

I can honestly say that I've never heard of this happening, and it's very strange. You're not using any mods are you?

Yeah I've got loads. I'll turn them off and see if it makes any difference. Pretty sure it wasn't working when it was vanilla though.

Fixed! I went beck to the default keys and it's working now. Being left handed I pretty much have to change everything so something was conflicting somewhere. Time to sift through and work out what it was. Thanks everyone.