Sign in to follow this  
HYPE

Game crashes upon joining/starting game

Whenever I start a multiplayer game or join one, the game closes and returns to the desktop. How do I fix this?

I have Windows XP, but all of my friends have XP and dont have this problem. I upgraded from 98 and DID reinstall flashpoint - numerous times.

Did you try disabling the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) components?

I dont think the firewall is enabled, where do I disable the ICS?

actually, they're both definately disabled

Make sure you have the latest directx

test your ability to play network games using the dxdiag tool.

Select START > RUN > DXDIAG then enter.

Go to directplay and try and create / join a session on the port OFP uses. 2234.

Also make sure you have the latest video drivers and sound drivers for your pc.

To connect a lan game you need to run TCP/IP only, don't worry about that IPX stuff. Make sure you have that protocol running and have assigned yourself an ip address.

if all of these things are correct, you can try looking up your issue on Avon Lady's OFP FAQ http://www.theavonlady.org

Regards,

all of these things are correct, and the avon lady's FAQ has nothing like this in the troubleshooting.

Are you playing a stock mission or one with addons dl from the internet? Not having the addons will throw you to the desktop.

Also does this happen with single player missions and what is the error msg you receive?

no, only official missions I'm trying to play and it only happens in multiplayer. It wont even open a server