Sign in to follow this  
AAD10 Pete

Only player can activate a trigger? - Call Object with its Name as string?

Hi at all

Meanwhile I'm getting closer to the scripting thing. Thanks to the editing guide ;-)

But for two important aspects I found no answers so far.

How do I have to prepaire a trigger in a way that only the player can activate him? I know how to sort out the activation code, that it has only an effect for the local player but I don't know what to write into the condition field that only the local player can activate the trigger. If I write the following, it doesn't work: Condition: this && (local player);

With this line, still all units of the whole own group can activate the trigger...

How can I call a (vehicle)object by its name as string? Is there a scripting command therefor?

That works:

deleteVehicle ObjName;

That doesn't work:

ObjNameStr = format["%1",ObjName];

deleteVehicle ObjNameStr;

How can I convert back an ObjectName as string to "something" that refers to the object?

Thanks for your help in advance!

1) thislist select 0 == player

2) call compile format ["deletevehicle %1",ObjName];

Is the player always a certain unit? Just make sure the unit is named.

condition:

this && unitname

as for the other.

ObjNameStr = call compile format["%1",ObjName];

deleteVehicle ObjNameStr;

heh shk beat me. :)

For a specific group/unit, group the trigger with the group/unit (by choosing "groups" (F2) and dragging a line from the trigger to the group/unit), and then when you try to edit the trigger you will have some useful options that will make your life easier in a lot of cases ;)

If you want "only player to activate trigger" no matter what unit the player is playing, though, you will need to use player in thislist or something like that, but I doubt that was what you wanted to do.