Sign in to follow this  
Arma-2-Guru

Spawn Script Help

Does anyone know what the script is to spawn a soldier or just any object, I checked the ComRef but nothing came up, Thanks.

Could you please tell me the script exactly what you would put in the Init field, for spawning a Hatchback for example, Thanks.

Nah, not a respawn script, just want a radio trigger where if I activate it spawns the vehicle, so far I've got this in the init field of the radio trigger: _VWGolf = "VWGolf" createVehicle (getmarkerpos "carspawn"); and I have a gamelogic which in its name I have "carspawn", what am I doing wrong?

Edited by Sgt Cresswell
Spelling Mistake Lol

Nah, not a respawn script, just want a radio trigger where if I activate it spawns the vehicle, so far I've got this in the init field of the radio trigger: _VWGolf = "VWGolf" createVehicle (getmarkerpos "carspawn"); and I have a gamelogic which in its name I have "carspawn", what am I doing wrong?

You're close, but off on a few little things.

First off, triggers don't have init fields, do you mean On Act? If so that's the right area.

Secondly, you're using "getmarkerpos" but you're asking for the position of an object, the gamelogic, so just use getPos. Also since it's not a marker, but an object, you don't want " " around the name of the object. Only markers need that with getMarkerPos.

So this would be your Radio Triggers On Act:

_VWGolf = "VWGolf" createVehicle (getPos carspawn);

or use this:

veh = createVehicle ["M1A1", position player, [], 0, ""];

You change "M1A1" to whatever the class name is. Change the "player" to a named marker.