Sign in to follow this  
sk3pt

Which fixed-wing aircraft got the best flight model ?

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which fixed-wing aircraft got the best flight model ?

• F-35B
    • Su-25
    • A-10
    • AV-8B Harrier
    • Su-34
    • They are all equally good

Multiple choices allowed.

I left out the Hercules.

...:)...

Edited by sk3pt

You left out "They're all pretty bad" :P

LOL..right on. the poll should be how bad is the flight model :

1fairly bad

2 bad;

3terrible.

No. 3 .

Yeha I've seen mods redo polls because there were no negative options, they should do the same in this one, but then again this one is about their game :)

I don't think any of them are good as flight models are concerned...doesn't mean they aren't fun. I'll vote when more even options are made

Well, I deliberately left that out. :)

The poll is about which aircraft you think got the best flight model (of the ones available), not about how good the flight model in Arma2 is (that's a completely different poll).

Obviously, the FM doesn't even remotely compare to LOMAC.

Can anyone compile a list of other non-flight sim games with a better flight model ? (just curious).

Comanche.

:q:

A fixed-wing aircraft, usually called an airplane or aeroplane

The term is used to distinguish fixed-wing aircraft from rotary-wing aircraft and ornithopters in which lift is generated by blades or wings that move relative to the aircraft.

In all honesty, I haven't tried any of them.

If I ever was to, the Hercules is the one that fires the imagination most.

Well, I deliberately left that out. :)

The poll is about which aircraft you think got the best flight model (of the ones available), not about how good the flight model in Arma2 is (that's a completely different poll).

Obviously, the FM doesn't even remotely compare to LOMAC.

Can anyone compile a list of other non-flight sim games with a better flight model ? (just curious).

LOL, any of the battlefield series games have better (and more enjoyable) flight model and that's none of them are "flight sims" and none of them even try to be realistic. Shoot, Battlestations Pacific has a better flight model and that game far away of being of a simulator. The "jetfighter" series are long told to be an arcade shooter, and it has better flight model.

Edited by Rapier

Yeah LOL, and how good do these games simulate being a foot soldier or a vehicle driver/gunner.

ArmA2 like the games before is a Soldier Sim that also allows you to use tons of vehicles.

I welcome anyone who makes a game like ArmA2 and still includes all features of games like Blackshark, LO:MAC or Steelbeasts but somehow i doubt this will ever happen...

So yeah, LOL

LOL, any of the battlefield series games have better (and more enjoyable) flight model and that's none of them are "flight sims" and none of them even try to be realistic. Shoot, Battlestations Pacific has a better flight model and that game far away of being of a simulator. The "jetfighter" series are long told to be an arcade shooter, and it has better flight model.

I dunno about that, it's been a long time since I've played Battlefield but looking at some videos on YouTube it doesn't look as good ("good" being relative ;)) as ArmA 2. For example

and

I dunno about that, it's been a long time since I've played Battlefield but looking at some videos on YouTube it doesn't look as good ("good" being relative ;)) as ArmA 2. For example
and

LOL, yeah I think by 'better' he must mean easier, best snippet (from your link):

:bounce3:

Wheres the "all equally bad" option?:p

Can you be more specific?

I spent a great time in OF, AA1, AA2 jets already.

Sure there is still (and will always be) a lot to optimize I love to see the evolution of it.

No offence ... but looking at that BF jet videos above my immediate association was this

Didn't know BF was that arcadish. Hope it's because videos are from 2008.

I really like the F-35 in VTOL mode. Apart from that, they are all quite nice. Only thing I miss about the jets are advanced instruments and countermeasures. Flying VFR in a fast jet is really weird. The jets in ArmA 2 are less advanced than my ultralight airplane, only they can shoot and are faster.

ArmA 2 aircraft should have working MFD's and waypoint/NAV modes. Would be even more fun then but all in all, I just love ArmA 2. Infantry, tanks and flying, it's the best game ever.