bardosy

[CAMP] Chesty Puller

Chesty Puller campaign for ArmA II.

v2.1

The 27th MEU prepare for invade and liberate Chernorus from the brutaly regime of Chedaki and help to CDF to defend the young democracy in this ex-USSR republic. A young marine officer - Lt. Robert Shelter - is waiting for his first combat assignment to follow his father and elder brother who fought in Kolgujev, Freya and Afghanistan.

This campaign is focused to the regular infantry combat with armored and air support. This is not the Razor Team's story.

New features (in v2.0):

- UPSMON script: it's mean smarter enemies and many randomness, new challenges, good replayablility

- HuntIR script: you can use HuntIR without MOD

- Objectives are shown in the top of the screen (easy to know what suppose to do)

- Missions (except bonus) playable in COOP 9

- In separate rar there are set of coop missions from the campaign

- There are two sets: with or without respawn

- Respawn: Insurgency like respawn

- Playable with base ArmA2 (without Arrowhead), but of course it's better in CO.

- Still no need addons.

Old Features:

- Weapon selection (if not during the briefing, it possible later from vehicles).

- Not one team against the federal Russian army style missions.

- Usualy lead one squad, but attack with other squads, but later you can lead multiple squads (High Command)

- Multiple playable roles (you can switch to the squad sniper or AT soldier)

- Not a very deep story with romance, but there are lovable/hateable characters

- NO ADDON NEEDED!

loyal5.th.jpgforcerecon5.th.jpgbeachead1.th.jpg

Install campaign:

- If not exists, create a folder in your ArmA 2 folder (eg: C:\Games\ArmA 2) and name it: Campaigns

- Copy the pullercamp.pbo into this campaign folder (eg: C:\Games\ArmA 2\Campaigns)

- Restart ArmA 2

Install COOP missions:

- Choose a set (rar): with or without respawn

- Unrar it into ArmA2's MPMissions folder

Special thanks to OFPEC.COM and betatesters:

Sabar, konrad, SaOk, Zipper5, bert, Manzilla, Tonci87

Every feedback are welcomed!

Edited by bardosy
adding armaholic mirrior

Nice! Always love your campaigns. Will start today or tomorrow. :)

Played couple of the first missions in this campaign, they'r good !

Thanks for this.

awesome, been hoping someone was gonna do a campaign covering Red Harvest from a regular grunts perspective

Missions are pretty well made but there are lots of grammar and spelling errors. Also I only found M16 with acog, which is very annoying when clearing towns.

Good work !

Relay station didn't find any satchel :confused:

Ok i leave my truck on first ambush

Edited by EricFr

Always glad to have a new campaign! Starting up ArmA2 to play it right now.

Relay station didn't find any satchel :confused:

There are an ammo box near the radar station

Great work, playing and really enjoying it!

Thanks a lot for sharing your Campain!=D

There are an ammo box near the radar station

I search everywhere don't find it, i return get some satchels into my truck

Not sure if it was intentional but in the first mission the teamswitch is only enabled for the AT and Marksman soldier. While playing, my pc got hurt and 2 took over but since he was unplayable, we had no way of advancing.

Good campaign so far! I'm on the second mission. Not too hard, not too difficult, not too complicated. Good work.

The main improvements that I could think of would be fixing a few errors in the chat and radio text.

Thank you your comments!

@Atin

Missions are pretty well made but there are lots of grammar and spelling errors. Also I only found M16 with acog, which is very annoying when clearing towns.

There are weapon selection in the missions except the first, but while flying, you can pick up other weapons from the heli.

Sorry for the spelling/grammar error!

@froggyluv

Not sure if it was intentional but in the first mission the teamswitch is only enabled for the AT and Marksman soldier. While playing, my pc got hurt and 2 took over but since he was unplayable, we had no way of advancing.

Sorry, I'm not sure understand you. In the first mission - and hope so the other too - you can switch to an AT guy and a maksman. Sometimes it's easier to use them directly.

And your problem is this two position is few? Or in one of the missions there is no switchable position?

@The Captain

Currently I have no freetime for this, but when I can save a little time, I will extract the dialogues/briefings to a stringtable and ask a native English speaker to fix it.

Well I was running some mods while playing so maybe that affected it. Basically, while playing the leader I got hurt and after being healed was told "1" follow "2". Since "2" was AI and unswitchable our squad just pretty much stalled. No biggie, I just thought that they were all playable.

Bugs

In the first mission i had to use "endmission" in the end, because after clearing the airport the game didn't show the debriefing screen. It may be because the original "player"-soldier got hurt, i switched to the marksman, then the first already hurt soldier died, perhaps that death caused the trigger error?

In the fourth mission there is one soldier of the first infantry group (group 1 in high command mode) that doesn't go to the truck when it's ordered with 0-0-1, in fact that truck can't move because that soldier was to supposed to be the driver, it seems. I restarted the mission and the bug occurred again. Also, how are you supposed to make the infantry groupss to dissembark when you assault the towns? You don't have total control of the high command groups. Is automatic?

@Turin Turambar

Thanks for report it.

1., After the airport is cleared, you got order to return to Komarovo. And when you return, mission will end. In the airport I check the player, not specific character, and I tested it with squad leader and desidgnated marksman too and - for me - it worked.

2.a, Never happened same with me. Do you use any addon?

2.b, When you add waypoint tu a unit in High Command mode, you can change the waypoint's properties. When I tested this mission I added WP to the infantry squads to a safe distance from the target town and set the WP to DISEMBARK or GET OUT (i don't remember). And they drive the truck there and get out from the truck. I advise you to complete the original BIS training about High Command and check how you can set the WPs. It's very important in the 4th and 5th missions, because you have to change the subordinate squad formation, engagement...etc.

1, oh, i suppose i didn't read that new order, without voices sometimes is hard to notice them :P

2a, i have a few addons, nothing drastic gameplay-changing though. I will try again running the game without the mods.

2b. after playing, out of the game, i was wondering about the contextual menu in the wp, thinking that perhaps there is a disembark option, but i didn't run the game again to check it. :P

BTW, good campaign, it's a solid release. I liked the moment of collaboration with Razor ;)

I know, it could be perfect with voiceover.... But manageing a voiceover project is very hard to me. I did it before, but much harder then create a new campaign.

But maybe with the spell checking, I will do a try...

Thanks for the campaign, i'm enjoying it a lot.

Only thing still missing is the voice-acting, but i know that's a lot of work since i make missions myself as well.

Currently i'm also trying to make a campaign, but i usually get stuck without voice-overs because it's hard to get different people to do it.

Thanks for this campaign!im only on the second mission but what Ive seen is really well put together,the A10 bombing the beach just before the landing was awesome & the Huey circling the airfield firing off rockets & the chain gun was a nice touch!I liked how you can see helicopters flying around the ships out at sea too, adds to the immersion that theres a big war going on,not just a little skirmish revolving around your squad :cool:

As other posters have said the english could do with a bit of touching up, but thats acceptable seen as you arent english! keep up the good work & I look forward to getting further into this one!

Edited by trickster1982