Sign in to follow this  
Pistolfied

Pistolfied's Tracers

Overview:

This addon enables tracers and tracer pattern modification for all weapons that use 556x45, 545x39, 762x51, and 762x54 rounds. It however does NOT enable tracers on the 20 round STANAG magazines or any of the silenced weapons. This addon also changes how vehicle tracers look and behave as of v1.2. I've intentionally left the 762x39 rounds as they are because guerrilla/terrorist forces typically don't use tracers on their weaponry. There is no way to disable tracers on a per faction basis without doing loads of editing that will make this MP incompatible (except on servers that run this addon). Another note is incoming tracers will not be visible; I have no idea why this occurs and am looking into it.

If you need help, read the readme first!

Comes with a key and is signed.

Any help with possibly making this an on-the-fly changeable addon (adjustable tracer patterns in-game) would be greatly appreciated.

Requests for compatibility with weapon addons can be placed in the forum or sent via PM to me.

Please post any found bugs here or PM me.

Video Demo:

uQ20h7uthYI

Download:

Main Download Link:

-MediaFire [Version 1.3]

ArmaHolic Mirror:

-Pistolfied's Tracers [Version 1.3]

Userconfig Download [Main Addon v1.3 Required]:

-Userconfig File [Version 1.3]

Officially supported weapon addons:

• USEC Weapons Pack (Steyr AUG)

• C1987 Handgrip Weapons (M16A4 and M4A1)

• UKF Weapons Pack

• P:UFK Landrover Pack

Change Log

Version 1.3

• Lots of resizing for tracers. Mainly the vehicle tracers as I made them too big in 1.2

• Includes 1.2.001 userconfig file (now labeled as 1.3)

• New model which should make it easier to see your own tracers during the day

Version 1.2.001

• Support for P:UFK Landrover Pack

Version 1.2

• Addon support in the config file

• Added tracers from vehicles into the addon

• Slightly increased tracer sizes

• Greatly increased tracer time to live

Version 1.1

• Decreased tracer size

• Increased tracer time to live

• Decreased tracer start time

• Added config file

• Added support for USEC Weapons Pack (Steyr AUG)

Version 1.01

• Fixed folder arrangement

Edited by Pistolfied

Screenshots?

About the installation, shouldnt addons be in @Pistolfied_tracers/addons? Your archive is set up for just @Pistolfied_tracers.

All the folders are a little confusing. Can we get one for tracers on everything please ?

Thanks

yeah I could not get it working. I don't actually know what I'm looking for to see if it is working how you wanted as well.

Just select one "tracer pattern" and put the PBO in a modfolder.

Nice addon Pistolfied, brightens up the night a bit more and I like 1-3 version best at the moment! Ohh nice touch to have tracers in row on last 3 rounds to know when to swap magazine :)

/KC

Great addon! Was hoping for something like this. :D

I was wondering if there is a way of editing it to where the released steyr's can also have tracers as well?

Just select one "tracer pattern" and put the PBO in a modfolder.

Nice addon Pistolfied, brightens up the night a bit more and I like 1-3 version best at the moment! Ohh nice touch to have tracers in row on last 3 rounds to know when to swap magazine :)

/KC

That was introduced with the 1.04 patch I think.

Eh, sorry guys, I completely forgot about adding in the /addons part, I typically put all my addons in the same folder and I kinda rushed sticking them all into folders. I'll put an updated version for easier installation and I'll make a default one to select for those having troubles understanding how to select from the tracer patterns.

Also the last 4 rounds being tracers was default on the machineguns for a while I believe and I just kept it at 4 for the rifles. I wasn't able to find any data anywhere on how they arrange tracers at the end of a magazine for rifles so I just kept it how it was for machineguns as I found it helped a fair amount anyways.

EDIT: LINK UPDATED IN 1ST POST

Edited by Pistolfied

night work tracers good :soldier: In the afternoon at me them it is not visible in general :( Probably in the future will day tracers :confused: THX for addon!:)

The tracers are visible during the day but they can be a bit more difficult to see, when it's darker out though it is much easier to see the tracers flying all over the place. I'm probably not going to change the brightness or anything of the tracers as they seem fairly accurate on their own anyways. The only thing I may do is decrease the colour in the tracers as they seem a little too green/red.

Does anybody else get the problem where tracers which are fired towards you are not visible? Not related to this mod, I don't think. If you pan the camera so that the shooter is just barely off screen, they become visible again.

Edited by Apache-Cobra

I think thats ARMA2 feature... some say it was like in real life, so that the enemy wont know where you shoot them from. I dont know for certain because I was never been shot at...

On my personal thought, I kinda like it that way, on the other hand, I also like to be able to see the tracers coming at me... really make you want to duck behind cover. Maybe BIS should make it in difficulty settings. realistic tracer(the one we have now), semi-realistic(we can see the tracers regardless of angle) and every weapon has tracer setting.

Odd, I've never even heard of that theory before. Military grade tracers glow bright enough to be seen from pretty much any angle.

Still, I guess now it will bother me a little less knowing that it was possibly put in purposely for a plausible reason.

Odd, I've never even heard of that theory before. Military grade tracers glow bright enough to be seen from pretty much any angle.

Still, I guess now it will bother me a little less knowing that it was possibly put in purposely for a plausible reason.

I think people have said that only the end of the bullet has the phosphorous, so if they're coming at you you don't see them as easy. But I haven't ever been shot at either lol

At night it shouldn't matter because they do light up surrounding terrain since they're basically a miniature flare; but the game doesn't model that

But then again I've always heard that tracers work both ways...so IDK. Personally I think it's BS and it's just people talking out their arse...but then again I don't plan to get shot at to prove them right/wrong lol

Edited by No Use For A Name

Thanks for this mod, love the tracers. Far better than the stock ones in my opinion.

Just to let you guys know, I haven't actually modified the tracers themselves (yet). I've only enabled them on weapons. :whistle:

Well, I just made myself look like an idiot. To me, they look different than the stock BIS ones. Maybe I'm just loosing my mind.

Finally, I've been waiting for this since Arma 2 came out. Thanks a bunch. :yay:

I HONESTLY can't see the difference between what this mod does and what Arma 2 already does, can someone help me out here?

Does anybody else get the problem where tracers which are fired towards you are not visible? Not related to this mod, I don't think. If you pan the camera so that the shooter is just barely off screen, they become visible again.

BIS are simulating the fact that the tracer element of a bullet is in the rear. No matter how bright a light is, you will not see it unless light from it is entering your eye. In this case, the body of the bullet itself is occluding the glowing tracer element.

I got a bit of an oddity when I tried this addon.

I installed the 1-1 tracer pattern and it worked fine with the MGs, every second rnd a tracer. But with the rifles no tracers were visible, day or night, unless I have the NV goggles on, in which case they show up fine.

;1450628']I got a bit of an oddity when I tried this addon.

I installed the 1-1 tracer pattern and it worked fine with the MGs' date=' every second rnd a tracer. But with the rifles no tracers were visible, day or night, unless I have the NV goggles on, in which case they show up fine.[/quote']

I think all 5.56 ammo uses IR tracers so they only show up thru NV goggles.

Odd, I get the tracers in the day time with the rifles now. I was using the first release and I think I did the 1 after 4 rounds...but don't quote me on that one. Also managed to get them working with Rocket's steyr aug's too. Could be a one off thing at your end, not sure. But I know I personally have them on the rifles other than the MG's. Just kinda hard to see in the middle of day light of course, heh. :)

As long as the added weapons use the current bullets already in the game the tracers should work with them. If there are ever any new weapons released that include new bullets I can add them to the addon, just post a link to the addon here and I'll attempt to get it working.