Sign in to follow this  
Pistolfied

Pistolfied's Tracers

Having had machine gun tracers going over my head I can vouche for the fact that YES YOU DO SEE THEM coming at you, no doubt about it as I could clearly see their point of origin! They also DO NOT look like laser beams as so many video games make them look like. The reason why they look like laser beams on TV is largely due to limitations in frame rates of the cameras recording the tracer flight in which they appear like rather long but seperated beams of light. In real life they actually look like little glowing balls. Only one truly realistic tracer mod was ever made and that was back in OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Quick question, does this mod work with tracer effects, mod or will there be a conflict? I was not sure if I could use them both or not, or if it makes any difference if you use both?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I'm not entirely sure if there will be a conflict but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm pretty sure they won't work together though.

I'd assume there would be in a way if they are both trying to achieve the same goal, no? I'll have to try it myself.

I have been using Pistolfied's addon and love it. I like the WarFX ones too, but the previous version as now during the day and such they look more like AA1 vanilla ones (reeaaally tiny lines) compared to earlier releases. Using Pistol's during a firefight I was reminded of this video I saw:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b2e1fb45d1

Keep up the excellent job, mate. Loving the addon! :)

Any update on this mod, or does anyone know how to add OA's weapons and Ammo to it?