Page 1 of 121 123451151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: PC Discussion Thread II - All PC related discussion goes here.

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1
    The old one is more than 3 years old, guess it's time we go for a new one.
    Last edited by Placebo; Oct 16 2013 at 09:35.

Curious as to how 5870 and 5870CF performs in Arma 2. If anyone can run some numbers? 1900x1200 min
    "Many people might have attained wisdom had they not assumed they already had it." -- Unknown Source

There's a thread about the 5890 in the ArmA 2 General thread. There's a benchmark from some site there that shows that it performs quite well on high detail + high resolution.

Wouldn't bother with CF, it always seems to cause more hassle than it's worth.
    MY AWESOME PC: Intel 8088 @ 4.77MHz | 128KB DRAM | MC6845 4KB Monochrome Graphics card | 10MB Seagate ST-412 Hard Drive | 83-key Model F keyboard | 14" IBM 5151 green-phosphor Monitor | PC-DOS 2.0

Banned

How to use laptops internet with computer

Ok this is really bugging me, I have fast wireless internet on my laptop but want to use it through my computer to play ArmA 2 online, I have a Ethernet cable if that's any use, my computer doesn't have a wireless card, so my laptop has internet but my computer doesn't just to verify, Thanks and peace.

You will need a network card in the computer then you can link them. NICS are so cheap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Cresswell View Post
    Ok this is really bugging me, I have fast wireless internet on my laptop but want to use it through my computer to play ArmA 2 online, I have a Ethernet cable if that's any use, my computer doesn't have a wireless card, so my laptop has internet but my computer doesn't just to verify, Thanks and peace.
    Does your PC not have a port for the Ethernet cable?

hello there

my lappy is on a wifi network, i hooked up my desktop computer to it by ethernet cabel.
    basicly i am using my lapptop as a router for my desktop pc,

what you need to do is set up masqurade/nat,. i have no clue how you would do it in windows. but in linux is simple.

so if you install linux "ubuntu" on you lapptop it should be a pize of cake to setup.

basicly what you need is to run a few commands,

ifconfig -a list up example
    ra0 --> wifi card
    eth0 --> ethernet card.

now in cli type:

sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o ra0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
    sudo iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
    sudo iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE

change -s 192.168.1.0/24 to your network

use the network tool to set eth0 to manualy ip 192.168.1.1 gw 0.0.0.0
    or use ifconfig

su root
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

if you dont have linux installed or will not install it, no problems.. just downloade a livecd of ubuntu. put it in your cd drive. boot up your lappy from cd drive and linux is loaded from the cd. magic

edit:
    now go to your desktop pc local area network connecton. properties for tcp/ip

set a static ip example 192.168.1.2
    set the gw to the ip of eth0 card on your lappy.192.168.1.1

now it should be working.
    Last edited by nuxil; Sep 26 2009 at 23:57.

Banned
    I'm speaking on Sgt Cresswells behalf because he's at my house "yes I do have an Ethernet cable and port, but I'm not installing Linux"

When he says Wireless connection, does he mean wireless internet like an O2/Vodafone modem, or a WLAN connection to a wireless modem in the home?

10.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #10
    Assuming both computers run windows you might even get away with just enabling "internet connection sharing" on your laptop wifi connection.
    Incoming fire has the right of way.

Page 1 of 121 123451151101 ... LastLast